Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    So 162 is just right, but 163 is just one too many. Got it.

/sarcasmfont, yes, we likely mostly agree that the season should be shortened to begin with, but I don't see an issue with the current setup. If the Rockies don't like it, should have won more games.
    This. Go to 140ish, if you are gonna have a wild card. The season shouldn't be scared of any snow-outs/temperature effects on both ends of a season.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Rocktober.

Comment

So 162 is just right, but 163 is just one too many. Got it.

/sarcasmfont, yes, we likely mostly agree that the season should be shortened to begin with, but I don't see an issue with the current setup. If the Rockies don't like it, should have won more games.
        I'm advocating for the 163rd game if they tied. I am completely against a tie-breaker.

As for the overall number of games, it wouldn't bother me if they cut that down. But, no matter how many games there are, if the teams tie for a playoff spot, then they play another game to decide it ON the field.
        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 10-03-2018, 07:02 AM.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Rocktober.
          At no point did I think the Rockies were actually going to win that game.

I'm also glad it didn't go any further, because I was getting very tired of A-Rod.
          Last edited by jen; 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I'm advocating for the 163rd game if they tied. I am completely against a tie-breaker.

As for the overall number of games, it wouldn't bother me if they cut that down. But, no matter how many games there are, if the teams tie for a playoff spot, then they play another game to decide it ON the field.
            That comment wasn't exactly meant for you, we are on the same page and are in agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post

I'm also glad it didn't go any further, because I was getting very tired of A-Rod.
              You mean when he said after the Baez rbi double that's why hes been the mvp all year?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

The "StatCast" feed they had on ESPN2 was so, so much better. Granted if you're not into analytics it's probably a bunch of misunderstandable gibberish, but they were very unbiased and had no A-Rod. A-Rod belongs in a studio, tbh
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I really feel bad for Mart Vasgersian having to put up with ARod.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                    The "StatCast" feed they had on ESPN2 was so, so much better. Granted if you're not into analytics it's probably a bunch of misunderstandable gibberish, but they were very unbiased and had no A-Rod. A-Rod belongs in a studio, tbh
                    Agree completely. The overlays with the ground ball percentages helped me understand infield shifts a lot better, and it was kind of cool when what would have been a hit ten years ago was right at an infielder stationed right in the middle of a high percentage zone. Definitely not for everyone, but this was a cool innovation. Would love to see more "parallel broadcasts" aimed at segmented markets.

edit:
                    Originally posted by aparch
                    I really feel bad for Mart Vasgersian having to put up with ARod.
                    Oddly enough, he bothers me more that ARod does. I don't know why, but his voice just grates on me.
                    Last edited by CLS; 10-03-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                      Agree completely. The overlays with the ground ball percentages helped me understand infield shifts a lot better, and it was kind of cool when what would have been a hit ten years ago was right at an infielder stationed right in the middle of a high percentage zone. Definitely not for everyone, but this was a cool innovation. Would love to see more "parallel broadcasts" aimed at segmented markets.
                      Yeah, definitely more for the diehard fan that likes their stats (they were using stuff like ERA+ on that feed). More casual fans would probably be better off watching the regular feed.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Showalter out.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Statcast has been one of he best things to happen to baseball.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Addison Russell suspended 40 for violating the domestic abuse policy.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Lot's gonna be made of the A's bullpen strategy today and I feel a lot of people will blame that if we lose...but that's not the issue (only scoring so far was from some early nerves from Hendriks, then Trivino came in and pitches his *** off), the fact that we haven't been able to hit in key moments this game has.

Severino had us whiffing a lot but lost his command. We're still in this, but we need those runs real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Addison Russell suspended 40 for violating the domestic abuse policy.
                                Too bad the Cubs may not get the same trade value from him because of this. He was probably headed somewhere else anyway, and I'm sure they expected to get high value in return. Not that he's not a big talent--just a logical trade choice if and when they go for a bat or a starting pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X