• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Machado to the Dodgers,
    5 for 1.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Because you are a cave man.
      WHIP is a great stat. WAR...ok I'm listening. Launch angle? SO:Hits stats is embarrassing. I never minded small ball. But, NO, we have to hit ALL THE HRs! Whatever. I'll find a different sport to like.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        WHIP is a great stat. WAR...ok I'm listening. Launch angle? SO:Hits stats is embarrassing. I never minded small ball. But, NO, we have to hit ALL THE HRs! Whatever. I'll find a different sport to like.
        It's not just launch angle etc that leads to high strikeouts. Pitchers are throwing some insane pitches right now, breaking pitches are breaking more than I've ever seen.

Also launch angle as home runs is oversimplifying, it's also about beating shifts by hitting over the infielders
        Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 07-19-2018, 01:07 AM.
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Yeah, how dare professionals who get paid to win actually maximize their performance...

Just say it makes for boring baseball, which is true. But stop attacking the reasoning behind it, because that's simply the players doing the equivalent of min-maxing that video gamers do.

You're like old basketball fans complaining about the lack of the mid range jumper these days. Yeah, because that shot sucks compared to layups or three pointers.

Comment

Launch angle has been around forever. They even discuss it in Major League.

https://youtu.be/CNocWHXlc4Q
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I had this scene in my head during Aguilar's performance in the HR Derby.

Comment

I agree with the guy who says, "Who gives a sh*, it's gone."

And there are lies, dam lies, and statistics.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

@JaneMLB: Hearing the A’s and Mets have finalized a trade. A’s sending two prospects, plus international slot money, to Mets for Jeurys Familia.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    @JaneMLB: Hearing the A’s and Mets have finalized a trade. A’s sending two prospects, plus international slot money, to Mets for Jeurys Familia.
                    Bobby Wahl and Will Toffey.

Kinda wanted to call up Wahl :c I'm uncomfortable with Familia the person, and I'm not sure where he fits in the pen because TNT has been awesome in the late innings

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Before tonight Madison Bumgarner hadn't issued a bases loaded walk since 2016....he walked in two back-to-back in the same inning tonight and got pulled with the bases loaded and no outs. Career high 6 walks for MadBum

Comment

The Orioles are already 40 1/2 games out of first. Their elimination number is down to 23.

They could very well be eliminated by August 15.

On July 21, 1962, the Mets were 24-68 and 37 1/2 out of first in the National League. They came home 40-120.
                        On July 21, 2003, the Tigers were 26-71 and 28 games out. They finished 43-119.
                        Last edited by Hammer; 07-21-2018, 09:52 PM.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          The Orioles are already 40 1/2 games out of first. Their elimination number is down to 23.

On July 21, 1962, the Mets were 24-68 and 37 1/2 out of first in the National League. They came home 40-120.
                          If they lose every game from here until the end of the season, they'll tie the Cleveland Spiders for losses in one season. (134)
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                            Before tonight Madison Bumgarner hadn't issued a bases loaded walk since 2016....he walked in two back-to-back in the same inning tonight and got pulled with the bases loaded and no outs. Career high 6 walks for MadBum
                            Yeah I switched over to the rugby games at AT&T after the second walkrun.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post

They also may finish with fewer wins than the Washington Capitals.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A's take 2 of 3 from the Giants and win the Bay Bridge Series regular season 4-2. Familia grabs the win on his A's debut with two strong innings.

Bring on Texas!

Comment

Working...
                                X