This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's not that simple. Football is entertainment so it's all about image. They don't want to be associated with a kid diddler.
    All sports are entertainment. One thing that got mentioned to me as I started to get serious about soccer refereeing was “the minute you start asking people to pay to watch you’re no longer in sports, you’re in the entertainment industry.”
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      All sports are entertainment. One thing that got mentioned to me as I started to get serious about soccer refereeing was “the minute you start asking people to pay to watch you’re no longer in sports, you’re in the entertainment industry.”
      Bingo. It's not about the sport, just like "the movies" are not about the movie. Those are merely attractions to get eyeballs to sell sh-t to. They could be anything else -- they're fungible.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's not that simple. Football is entertainment so it's all about image. They don't want to be associated with a kid diddler.
        MLB owners, and NFL owners for that matter, don't care who they associate with. They'd gladly field an entire team of kid diddlers if they thought it would help them win, and if they didn't think they'd get a bunch of angry protests from fans and angry columns from sports writers.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          MLB owners, and NFL owners for that matter, don't care who they associate with. They'd gladly field an entire team of kid diddlers if they thought it would help them win, and if they didn't think they'd get a bunch of angry protests from fans and angry columns from sports writers.
          We're saying the same thing. That's why Rapelisburger has a job -- NFL fans could give a sh-t about violence against women. But they get really angry about kid diddling -- when a knuck has sex with a close relative that better be consensual.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Only a handful of owners care about winning. Most care about selling tickets and merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              ?

Kaep would be a fine draw for fans -- 90% wouldn't give a sh-t if he won, and for every knuck moron who threw a hissy fit he'd attract at least 20 BLM Priders.

Kaep is blackballed because NFL owners are a bunch of ancient racist sh-tbirds.
              Kapernuts is also expecting to be a starter, and/or get paid starter's money. That's also an issue. It's more than the kneel
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A's finally back in the win column after a tough couple games in Texas.

Blake Treinen is a cheat code
                https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Minnesota with an 8-1 loss to Oregon State in the first game of the Supers.

UNC over Stetson, MS St over Vandy, and Washington over Fullerton in other games.
                  Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 06-09-2018, 09:43 AM.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Gophers lose 6-3. What a great season. Go Beavers.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Of course, this happened against the Mets.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I thought the Metropolitans were playing the Highlanders this weekend?

However, on the local front, Strasburg is on the DL with a shoulder inflammation.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I thought the Metropolitans were playing the Highlanders this weekend?

However, on the local front, Strasburg is on the DL with a shoulder inflammation.
                          They are. The Gothams are playing in Washington DC this weekend.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tampa Bay Scissor Rays: https://deadspin.com/the-sound-when-...all-1826711399

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm sorry that I even read that headline.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Dude who held on for the out should get the Congressional Medal of Honor.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X