Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.1: ...And The Nationals Will Not Make It Out of the First Round

Might the Twins be looking for a manager in ... three, two, ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Might the Twins be looking for a manager in ... three, two, ...
      One

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Dammit
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Spend $130 MM and end up under .500. The manager will be at risk.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            It feels like they would have been a lot better off if MLB just used head to head record to break ties and gave them a day off before the wild-card game. Game 163 is dumb.
            Baseball has always believed you decide it on the field. The only sport that sticks to that principal no matter what. And I agree with it.

(A few years ago, it looked like there could be a three-way tie for the last wildcard spot. The plan was to have all three teams playoff to decide that spot. Two teams (I don't know how they decided) would have played one day, with the winner playing the third team the next day. Then, that winner becomes the wildcard.)
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              It feels like they would have been a lot better off if MLB just used head to head record to break ties and gave them a day off before the wild-card game. Game 163 is dumb.
              I'm a Cubs fan, but giving the tie breaker to them would not have been fair to the Brewers, who are the better team at this point. They earned the conference title. I'm good with deciding it on the field.

If Chicago can get by the Rockies, it will be an even better series with the Brewers.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                One

Mauer can't get to .280BA, and it's Mollie's fault? I'm not buying it.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I'm a Cubs fan, but giving the tie breaker to them would not have been fair to the Brewers, who are the better team at this point. They earned the conference title. I'm good with deciding it on the field.

If Chicago can get by the Rockies, it will be an even better series with the Brewers.
                  Sure it would have. No one claims it's unfair in any other sport that uses head to head as a tiebreaker. Especially given the differences in schedules down the stretch where the Cubs lost all but one of their off days over the last 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Baseball has always believed you decide it on the field. The only sport that sticks to that principal no matter what. And I agree with it.

(A few years ago, it looked like there could be a three-way tie for the last wildcard spot. The plan was to have all three teams playoff to decide that spot. Two teams (I don't know how they decided) would have played one day, with the winner playing the third team the next day. Then, that winner becomes the wildcard.)
                    The Rockies and Dodgers played each other something like 19 times before yesterday. If that isn't deciding it on the field I don't know what is.

Comment

Before expansion each team played the others 22 times apiece. And still had a 1 or 3 game playoff from time to time, depending on the league.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        The Rockies and Dodgers played each other something like 19 times before yesterday. If that isn't deciding it on the field I don't know what is.
                        And they tied. So obviously they didn’t decide it on the field. Thus, play another and decide it ON the field.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          And they tied. So obviously they didn’t decide it on the field. Thus, play another and decide it ON the field.
                          Unless they went 9-9-1, no they didn't tie.

EDIT: Seems as though Dodgers won the regular season series 12-7.
                          Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 10-02-2018, 08:23 PM.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Unless they went 9-9-1, no they didn't tie.

EDIT: Seems as though Dodgers won the regular season series 12-7.
                            No. They tied. They ended up with the exact same record after 162 games. And those are the only games that matter. Ergo, they TIED.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

So 162 is just right, but 163 is just one too many. Got it.

/sarcasmfont, yes, we likely mostly agree that the season should be shortened to begin with, but I don't see an issue with the current setup. If the Rockies don't like it, should have won more games.

Comment

Hey Chicago, whaddya say,

The game is never gonna end today
                                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                                X