Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things to do in MSP

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The problem with the Twin Cities is there isn’t a lot of touristy things here. A lot of what makes it great is the outdoors. Look at any travel site and they’ll push you to so many of the outdoor locations and activities. Very Minnesotan. I’ve always seen the cities as a better place to live than to travel.
    Come to think of it, the Twin Cities is a lot like Grand Forks, if you've even been there.

Without the Palace.

Comment

Mickey's Diner.

Bummed I'm missing it. First one in 17 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        mookie played interlachen while up at a regional. if you can get a connection give it a go. the clubhouse is a neat historical tribute to donald ross too.
        Fairly certain we won’t see many nice courses open by then. Still snow on the ground most places, and the weather, outside of today, looks pretty brutal for the foreseeable future and through next weekend.

I’d check out the Twins game if the weather improves at all, Mall of America if people and saying you’ve been there means something to you, other than that it’s just a big *** mall.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I visited a few years ago to see a college friend. Did a bunch of breweries. So many to chose from. Most were very good but my favorites always seemed to be the smaller ones. I wish I could remember them all. There is actually a thread I started somewhere on here about it. Check it out.

As for other stuff, I was there in the summer. So I hit the Minnesota Zoo. Didn't do Como Park because the state fair was going on and that area of town was nuts. I did do the Minneapolis Institute of Art (free) and enjoyed it quite a bit. I did the touristy thing and did do Mall of America one morning. Don't normally like that kind of stuff but I wanted to check out the LEGO store (never been to one and I am a LEGO nut) and the SEA LIFE Aquarium (also an aquarium nut).

EDIT: unfortunately I didn't make a list in the other thread of where all I went. I remember a few: Surly, Indeed, Able, Northbound, Lake Monster, Urban Growler, Bang, Lakes and Legends, Inbound. There might have been more. I cant remember.
          Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 03-28-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

EDIT: unfortunately I didn't make a list in the other thread of where all I went. I remember a few: Surly, Indeed, Able, Northbound, Lake Monster, Urban Growler, Bang, Lakes and Legends, Inbound. There might have been more. I cant remember.
            Brent's favorite is Dangerous Man. So many people love that place too.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Nicollet Mall is cool but being chilly it probably won't be as great as it can be during the summer.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Go to Mayslack's in Nordeast Mpls. for a Roast Beef Sandwich. Nobody Beats Mayslack's Meat! (don't know if it's still there - been 20 years since I've seen it. Just know Stan Mayslack isn't around anymore.)
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Go to any coffee shop other than Starbucks. There are plenty! Caribou, Dunn Bros., etc.

Weather permitting, walk/bike around Uptown and a couple of the lakes (calhoun, harriet). Theres a bike path that runs from downtown.

Theres nothing in St. Paul outside of the arena area. You can ignore it.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    Go to Mayslack's in Nordeast Mpls. for a Roast Beef Sandwich. Nobody Beats Mayslack's Meat! (don't know if it's still there - been 20 years since I've seen it. Just know Stan Mayslack isn't around anymore.)
                    Mayslack's is still going.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Is traffic dodging still the official sport of downtown MSP?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                        They also have a sandwich called The Whole Hog, which is pork with ham and bacon. It's health food.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Brent's favorite is Dangerous Man. So many people love that place too.
                          Dangerous man is next to what I think I might be top 3 restaurant in Minneapolis - Young Joni.

Comment

Wicked Wort is next to Travail
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Is traffic dodging still the official sport of downtown MSP?
                              Only for cyclists.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Lots of good rock venues in town if you're into live music. The Decemberists are playing next Friday for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X