SCSU Head Coach Bob Motzko leaving to take Minnesota job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't think there's any indication Steve Miller wants to be a head coach. But everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Odd seeing a nomadic assistant like him. Not sure what his deal is but seems like an interesting character.
    See: Standbrook, Grant

Same kind of coach/recruiter
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: SCSU Head Coach Bob Motzko leaving to take Minnesota job

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Whatever axe you want to grind. I think Lucia has thought about being done for a while and could never feel like he was leaving the program in a state he was happy about. I think it was tearing at him.
      You seriously are choosing to converse, and reason with him on this?
      Last edited by Koho; 03-28-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I don't think there's any indication Steve Miller wants to be a head coach. But everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Odd seeing a nomadic assistant like him. Not sure what his deal is but seems like an interesting character.
        Agreed
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Potulny just signed an eight year extension at $280k+ a year.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Potulny just signed an eight year extension at $280k+ a year.
            Hell of a business move by him leveraging the demand out there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Except he interviewed for the Gopher job.
              As I said, he’s not available.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                As I said, he’s not available.
                Sweet. We are both happy, then.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I would not hire Gwoz. Oh, wait, forgot what thread I'm in. Hire Gwoz! He has no ego, never has a beef with any admin, and is a really humble and down to earth guy!

G$ interviewed with MN, yes. I'm thinking MN wanted Motzko all along, and the rest were formalities.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Try for Montgomery. He was supposed to be our coach but Maine management said no. Guy score all time in history and can't be considered our coach. His jersey was raised I believe. Can't be our coach. Lovely... no wonder we can't win. Evidently Maine decides they need virtues of an ivy league college.

Comment

Just pathetic, no way Lucia deserved to be shown the door.

And we replace him with who??? A perennial choker???

Well, people don't believe me, but I've said I'm a SCSU fan, not my favorite team, as that is obviously the Gophers, but if SCSU hired Don Lucia, honestly, I'd get a kick out of seeing Don teach the U a lesson for being so incredibly stupid.

College hockey is simply different now than it was 10 years ago, but lazy Gopher fans can't see the forest through the trees. The NHL rapes and pillages the blue blood programs, and no blue blood program is doing well the last 10 years, but Lucia was among top 3 last 6-7 years, but Gopher fans are TOO LAZY to figure that out and deserve any bad thing that comes their way now. Not saying this Goofball can't win here, but I'm very Unhopeful. Geez, I'm looking forward to 5-7 years down the road when we bring in Potulny to replace this goofball.

I seriously doubt Lucia will take any coaching job unless its in the NHL, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he took a job, and totally outrecruited the Gophers and kicked our arses. There is more to life than sports. Principle matters, and this whole situation was just ugly. I love the U and the Gophers, but I wouldn't die for them, I wouldn't even give a limb for them. They get plenty from the Govt and private sources and if they can't figure out how to manage the best situation ever in college hockey, well, that's just pathetic.

Others gave up on the Gophers because we went to the BTHC, which just got 3 teams into the Frozen Four? If I give up on the Gophers it will be for a far more honorable reason. I mean, yeah, MAYBE Lucia's time was nearing it's end, but Motzko??? Man, if that is what you get as a reward for losing to #27 Air Force when you are the #1 overall seed in the tourney, well WOW. Just amazing.

Comment

Of course...Dubbers comes out of hiding to rip the hiring. Shocking...
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Come out of hiding? I was banned, duh. lol

And of course I am against the hiring, I think I made that 100% clear back before I got the boot. Right?

I've never been in favor of going after Motzko, and have always been in support of keeping Lucia. Something about losing 4 straight to PSU kind of leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Did you expect me to flip flop and come out in favor of it? Some Gopher fans like the move simply because it took SCSU's coach from them, I think that's pathetic. I enjoyed seeing SCSU doing well. I hope you guys find you a great coach. Only guy I don't want you to get is Potulny.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Btw, I am FRED.

Comment

[Fred - you are dubbers (and mnstateofhockey) you're not fooling anyone. Just give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                [Fred - you are dubbers (and mnstateofhockey) you're not fooling anyone. Just give it up.
                                That is not me.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X