SCSU Head Coach Bob Motzko leaving to take Minnesota job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    What's it like being a perpetual a hole? Was what I wrote really that cryptic for you? Do you go to the bathroom for her too? Would crayons help you understand how ridiculously ignorant and childish her comment was? I can borrow from my neighbor if it helps you get an effing clue.
    1. I don't think I am one. I believe in the Golden rule. I am an a-hole to you because you have been one to me and because you are perpetually disrespectful of my favorite hockey team.
    2. It was, because you were unclear in your subject and predicate.
    3. No. I have never met FTLT in person.
    4. I don't need help understanding how childish it was. I don't believe it was ignorant.
    5. I would love an crayon illustration
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: SCSU Head Coach Bob Motzko leaving to take Minnesota job

If I were SCSU AD I'd hire Gwozdecky to a 5-year contract as a bridge until they settle on the next star candidate.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        subscribed
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          If I were SCSU AD I'd hire Gwozdecky to a 5-year contract as a bridge until they settle on the next star candidate.
          Gwozdecky does nothing for me. If you're going the 'bridge' route, stick with Gibbons and then get to work on succession plan.
          "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
            Gwozdecky does nothing for me. If you're going the 'bridge' route, stick with Gibbons and then get to work on succession plan.
            Is Gibbons the odds on favorite to replace Motzko?
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Interesting: SCSU's Robby Jackson points to Motzko situation as a distraction during the West Regional.

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...12458223869952

Make of that what you will.
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Next star candidate? What makes you think there will be a better candidate 5 years from now?
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  Next star candidate? What makes you think there will be a better candidate 5 years from now?
                  Well, there's a guy named Potulny out there for one. It was just a thought. If they want a short-term hire while they wait for a younger coach to gain experience I think Gwoz would certainly turn heads in recruiting.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

If SCSU was smart they would hire Steve Miller. That guy is a phenomenal recruiter and coach.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I don't think there's any indication Steve Miller wants to be a head coach. But everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Odd seeing a nomadic assistant like him. Not sure what his deal is but seems like an interesting character.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        If SCSU was smart they would hire Steve Miller. That guy is a phenomenal recruiter and coach.
                        Why were the Gophers not smart enough to hire him?

Comment

Well, there's a guy named Potulny out there for one. It was just a thought. If they want a short-term hire while they wait for a younger coach to gain experience I think Gwoz would certainly turn heads in recruiting.
                          We could hire Potulny now. I wouldn't be in favor, but it's being rumored.

I don't know why a team would ever make a short term hire. It's not like if we hired Gwoz and it went well, we would fire him after 5 years because it's part of some grand plan. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Why were the Gophers not smart enough to hire him?
                            See your comments on our alums. Lucia tried to hire him as an assistant (and according to Pat Micheletti did hire him) when Potulny left, but the alums freaked out and Lucia hired Bell instead.

Miller is an amazing recruiter and coach, and deserves some credit for OSU's success this year, but he has no Gopher ties and is not from Minnesota.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Except Potulny’s not available.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Except Potulny’s not available.
                                Except he interviewed for the Gopher job.

Comment

Working...
                                X