Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Yeah, everyone says that and I’m patiently waiting for someone to write the check.
    And that right there is the root of the problem.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      And that right there is the root of the problem.
      It is what it is. You want the money, show that you deserve the money. Everyone else in UAA athletics is successful except hockey. We have no big money alumni, Jay Beagle is probably the most notable and I'm pretty sure he doesn't how to write a check, and sponsors aren't going to latch on to a 4 win team, so they have to say to whatever departments they're losing $500K in budget because the hockey team needs an increase?

Everyone involved with UAA and everyone outside says "spend more money" and yet no one is writing the check to actually pay for it.

Is it career suicide? Probably. Was Tech in that same boat until Pearson came along? Absolutely, so I wouldn't be throwing stones around.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It is what it is. You want the money, show that you deserve the money. Everyone else in UAA athletics is successful except hockey. We have no big money alumni, Jay Beagle is probably the most notable and I'm pretty sure he doesn't how to write a check, and sponsors aren't going to latch on to a 4 win team, so they have to say to whatever departments they're losing $500K in budget because the hockey team needs an increase?

Everyone involved with UAA and everyone outside says "spend more money" and yet no one is writing the check to actually pay for it.

Is it career suicide? Probably. Was Tech in that same boat until Pearson came along? Absolutely, so I wouldn't be throwing stones around.
        Tech started their investment and commitment into the hockey program a few years before Marv came to town and hiring him was the next step in the process. If it had been career suicide at that time, he would not have taken the job.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

But Tech HAS made that commitment. So has Bowling Green. So has Minnesota State. Bemidji too. UAA still has a couple recruiting classes that are virtually devoid of first line D-1 talent to through before they can even hope to start getting better. For the next few years, my Lakers and UAA will be battling to see who might make the playoffs. Doesn’t matter who you hire, you’ll be lucky to be battling for a playoff spot in late February. Just like us.

Comment

The good news for those 3 candidates is they have pretty much a clean slate for recruiting and I’m sure they have guys they like that are still out there that didn’t make the cut /didn’t have room for at Denver, Lowell and Providence. There isn’t an giant list of over commitments to dance around.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Hey, your old coach Marv was mentioned by the NCAA Twitter...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Just I predicted might happen on Monday, Matt Jurusik will join MTU next year as goaltender to compete with Beydoun and Munson:

Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Hey, your old coach Marv was mentioned by the NCAA Twitter...
                  Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are. That there is funny.
                  "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                  Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                    Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are. That there is funny.
                    That is funny

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Just I predicted might happen on Monday, Matt Jurusik will join MTU next year as goaltender to compete with Beydoun and Munson:

Nicely done! I appreciate the work you put into the column.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Is there another Pheonix or Jamie ready. Is Pietila the real deal. I am a bit surprised at the signing as he will be dueling it out with Beydoun for #1 his senior year.
                        I really don't mind if all 3 play, but I would really prefer to have a solid #1 next year. Munson played lights out, rebound control, confidence, square to the puck in the playoffs were so remarkably improved from the season.
                        I think he goes in as #1 on the depth chart, will be interesting to hear the next coaches show for insight.
                        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-04-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

My concern with Packy is his nonchalance. He seems to be caught off guard and out of position at times. Maybe that is a maturity thing, maybe I just don't know squat about goalies...but that's what it looks like to me.....it sounded like even Joe was a little concerned about his maturity when he talked about Packys practices before the regional...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                            My concern with Packy is his nonchalance. He seems to be caught off guard and out of position at times. Maybe that is a maturity thing, maybe I just don't know squat about goalies...but that's what it looks like to me.....it sounded like even Joe was a little concerned about his maturity when he talked about Packys practices before the regional...
                            We need to see what Packy brings next year. Maybe the puck looks huge to him, he comfortable, and has "figured it out"? With this signing and if Robbie improves this off season, he (Packy) is going to have to fight for the net minder job.

Credit to Joe and Staff for bringing in quality recruits.

Hahaha! The Marv joke is funny!

Comment

any thoughts that Dawson Kero, goaltender, might be coming to Tech in a few years?
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                any thoughts that Dawson Kero, goaltender, might be coming to Tech in a few years?
                                He's a State Champion, has an Elite Prospects profile, and a good backstory. So, maybe?

Needs a couple years of seasoning in junior hockey though.

Comment

Working...
                                X