Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I believe Joe said it was the first weekend of the season. So likely the 5th and 6th. Although it could be the 12th and 13th. UMD's schedule should come out sooner than Tech's.
    RB is looking forward to reading the third-person posts.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2018, 02:54 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Marv is coming back to Houghton!

https://techhockeyguide.com/2018/04/...sherman-field/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Boo!!

Comment

So I was visiting my father who lives in Boston last week and in the VA hospital where he lives now is an autographed picture of the flying bobby goal.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvCyBV_PoU

I told my brother about it. He told me that for that game he and a friend of our's slept on the concrete floor of the garden ticket office in order to get tickets for that game. They got the tickets successfully and were there in person for that goal.
          I had no idea.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            So I was visiting my father who lives in Boston last week and in the VA hospital where he lives now is an autographed picture of the flying bobby goal.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvCyBV_PoU

I told my brother about it. He told me that for that game he and a friend of our's slept on the concrete floor of the garden ticket office in order to get tickets for that game. They got the tickets successfully and were there in person for that goal.
            I had no idea.
            RPI women's grad Alex Gruschow doing her imitation to win the Isobel Cup a week ago:
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              Good one, eh? I went to one football game during my four years at Tech. I remember the fraternity guys carrying kegs in on their shoulders. There was a wire for the PA system that hung over the field. The visiting team went to kick a field goal, the ball hit the wire and was deflected. The refs huddled for a minute and then gave them the field goal.

Now there's something you won't see at the Big House in A2...
              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Cam Ellsworth has been linked to the openings at UAA and Merrimack...interesting to see what happens for him this offseason. If he's interviewing for UAA, he really wants to be a college head coach somewhere.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So is anyone else enjoying the off-season without having a coach search going on in Houghton? I sure am.

I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Cam Ellsworth has been linked to the openings at UAA and Merrimack...interesting to see what happens for him this offseason. If he's interviewing for UAA, he really wants to be a college head coach somewhere.
                    I hope, for his sake, he gets the Merrimack job, and not UAA. That UAA job is career suicide.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I hope, for his sake, he gets the Merrimack job, and not UAA. That UAA job is career suicide.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Agreed.
                        I hope if he gets it he pushes for proper budgets before accepting.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I agree 100%. He may be better staying as an assistant than taking the UAA job.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

TBF, one could’ve said that about Tech as well.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              TBF, one could’ve said that about Tech as well.
                              And the UAA job wouldn't be career suicide if UAA made a similar commitment to the program as Tech did. And I know that UAA has a big budget already, because of travel, but the fact is, due to the issues that are inherently associated with Anchorage's location, UAA has to spend more than lower 48 teams to get the same theoretical return on investment.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And the UAA job wouldn't be career suicide if UAA made a similar commitment to the program as Tech did. And I know that UAA has a big budget already, because of travel, but the fact is, due to the issues that are inherently associated with Anchorage's location, UAA has to spend more than lower 48 teams to get the same theoretical return on investment.
                                Yeah, everyone says that and I’m patiently waiting for someone to write the check.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X