Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Host UMD in October, On the road at Wisconsin and Clarkson in November
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      yeah, I have a hard time believing that weight but who knows...I'm going to be intrigued to see how all these guys fit together...Next years frosh class is going to be a big one.
      I agree, it will be interesting to see how they all fit. Both '18 & '19 classes are looking huge. Should have plenty of competition that Coach is looking for. Plus there is probably some insurance factor build in. Just in case there is anymore poaching...

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        If they let them in the building, I'm sure they would love to make the trip.
        I seem to recall that our pep band played at the Frozen Four a while back. If so, are they invited this year?
        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          I agree, it will be interesting to see how they all fit. Both '18 & '19 classes are looking huge. Should have plenty of competition that Coach is looking for. Plus there is probably some insurance factor build in. Just in case there is anymore poaching...
          I know for a fact there are some potential issues with some of Mel's still committed recruits, hopefully that stuff gets shaken out soon so the list looks a little better. We shall see.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I know for a fact there are some potential issues with some of Mel's still committed recruits, hopefully that stuff gets shaken out soon so the list looks a little better. We shall see.
            Doesn't surprise me. There are a few in there that I've had a feeling jump ship and we never see in a Tech jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
              Potulny is getting 280K a year? Joe's getting 210K? I know he won't last 8 years there but can we get our guy a little more $$$?
              Joe no doubt had bonuses for winning WCHA and making the NCAAs.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                Potulny is getting 280K a year? Joe's getting 210K? I know he won't last 8 years there but can we get our guy a little more $$$?
                I agree. Wasn't Marv making $275K?
                Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 03-30-2018, 04:53 PM.
                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                  I agree. Wasn't Marv making $275K?
                  If I were the AD I would have started Joe out at the same or $5K more than Marv. I'd prefer to always pay more than Northern out of principle. I believe the position is what we are paying for, not the "name". Our expectations of anyone we have are the same. Don't be in the news unless you're getting headlocked by an opposing coach, make sure the players are studying, and show evidence you can develop the talent we recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                    I seem to recall that our pep band played at the Frozen Four a while back. If so, are they invited this year?
                    I don't recall the pep band playing at the Frozen Four, but they were at the Final Five a couple of the last years it existed even when Tech wasn't part of it on the ice.
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Host UMD in October, On the road at Wisconsin and Clarkson in November
                      Is there a specific weekend in October lined up yet for UMD battle in Houghton? If not, when do you all suppose the schedule drops?
                      The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                        Is there a specific weekend in October lined up yet for UMD battle in Houghton? If not, when do you all suppose the schedule drops?
                        Schedule often comes late April/Early May. Even then, there are sometimes changes. The league doesn’t give a lot of notice or a set date well in advance.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                          I believe Joe said it was the first weekend of the season. So likely the 5th and 6th. Although it could be the 12th and 13th. UMD's schedule should come out sooner than Tech's.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Congrats to Mitch Reinke on his first game as a Blue. I wasn't able to watch it, but Mike Yeo and Darren Pang had some nice things to say about him.
                            I must admit, I'm really surprised how fast he got a cup of coffee. Hope he can make the squad out of camp next year.

Comment

Then, again, how many freshmen come in to a program and the coaches displace a 3 year starter (senior) and move him up to offense.
                              This was the trigger that Mitch was something special. He picked him team well as the Blues need help on the backline. I got to see the final 10 minutes and was looking for #5, but then found him as #39. He did not look out of place......

Comment

Hey, Congrats to Mitch! You just had to have a gut feeling he picked the right team to get his cup 0f coffee with. Hope he gets a few more sips this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X