Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Cool Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Good one, eh? I went to one football game during my four years at Tech. I remember the fraternity guys carrying kegs in on their shoulders. There was a wire for the PA system that hung over the field. The visiting team went to kick a field goal, the ball hit the wire and was deflected. The refs huddled for a minute and then gave them the field goal.

Now there's something you won't see at the Big House in A2...
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Cam Ellsworth has been linked to the openings at UAA and Merrimack...interesting to see what happens for him this offseason. If he's interviewing for UAA, he really wants to be a college head coach somewhere.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

So is anyone else enjoying the off-season without having a coach search going on in Houghton? I sure am.

I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Cam Ellsworth has been linked to the openings at UAA and Merrimack...interesting to see what happens for him this offseason. If he's interviewing for UAA, he really wants to be a college head coach somewhere.
    I hope, for his sake, he gets the Merrimack job, and not UAA. That UAA job is career suicide.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I hope, for his sake, he gets the Merrimack job, and not UAA. That UAA job is career suicide.
    Agreed.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Agreed.
    I hope if he gets it he pushes for proper budgets before accepting.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

I agree 100%. He may be better staying as an assistant than taking the UAA job.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    TBF, one couldíve said that about Tech as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    TBF, one couldíve said that about Tech as well.
    And the UAA job wouldn't be career suicide if UAA made a similar commitment to the program as Tech did. And I know that UAA has a big budget already, because of travel, but the fact is, due to the issues that are inherently associated with Anchorage's location, UAA has to spend more than lower 48 teams to get the same theoretical return on investment.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

And the UAA job wouldn't be career suicide if UAA made a similar commitment to the program as Tech did. And I know that UAA has a big budget already, because of travel, but the fact is, due to the issues that are inherently associated with Anchorage's location, UAA has to spend more than lower 48 teams to get the same theoretical return on investment.
    Yeah, everyone says that and Iím patiently waiting for someone to write the check.

Yeah, everyone says that and Iím patiently waiting for someone to write the check.
    And that right there is the root of the problem.

RIP - Kirby

And that right there is the root of the problem.
    It is what it is. You want the money, show that you deserve the money. Everyone else in UAA athletics is successful except hockey. We have no big money alumni, Jay Beagle is probably the most notable and I'm pretty sure he doesn't how to write a check, and sponsors aren't going to latch on to a 4 win team, so they have to say to whatever departments they're losing $500K in budget because the hockey team needs an increase?

Everyone involved with UAA and everyone outside says "spend more money" and yet no one is writing the check to actually pay for it.

Is it career suicide? Probably. Was Tech in that same boat until Pearson came along? Absolutely, so I wouldn't be throwing stones around.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

It is what it is. You want the money, show that you deserve the money. Everyone else in UAA athletics is successful except hockey. We have no big money alumni, Jay Beagle is probably the most notable and I'm pretty sure he doesn't how to write a check, and sponsors aren't going to latch on to a 4 win team, so they have to say to whatever departments they're losing $500K in budget because the hockey team needs an increase?

Everyone involved with UAA and everyone outside says "spend more money" and yet no one is writing the check to actually pay for it.

Is it career suicide? Probably. Was Tech in that same boat until Pearson came along? Absolutely, so I wouldn't be throwing stones around.
    Tech started their investment and commitment into the hockey program a few years before Marv came to town and hiring him was the next step in the process. If it had been career suicide at that time, he would not have taken the job.

But Tech HAS made that commitment. So has Bowling Green. So has Minnesota State. Bemidji too. UAA still has a couple recruiting classes that are virtually devoid of first line D-1 talent to through before they can even hope to start getting better. For the next few years, my Lakers and UAA will be battling to see who might make the playoffs. Doesnít matter who you hire, youíll be lucky to be battling for a playoff spot in late February. Just like us.

The good news for those 3 candidates is they have pretty much a clean slate for recruiting and Iím sure they have guys they like that are still out there that didnít make the cut /didnít have room for at Denver, Lowell and Providence. There isnít an giant list of over commitments to dance around.

Hey, your old coach Marv was mentioned by the NCAA Twitter...

Just I predicted might happen on Monday, Matt Jurusik will join MTU next year as goaltender to compete with Beydoun and Munson:

Cool Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Hey, your old coach Marv was mentioned by the NCAA Twitter...
    Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are. That there is funny.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
    Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are. That there is funny.
    That is funny

Inspired by Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Just I predicted might happen on Monday, Matt Jurusik will join MTU next year as goaltender to compete with Beydoun and Munson:

Nicely done! I appreciate the work you put into the column.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Thread Information