Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

With D, I always figured it was sort of a joke. With Ciskie, he's just the worst homer out there short of Jack Edwards, and that's well known.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      With D, I always figured it was sort of a joke. With Ciskie, he's just the worst homer out there short of Jack Edwards, and that's well known.
      The really sad thing about Ciskie is that he wasn't always like that. The first couple years of his announcing, he was really good, and barely a homer. Now? Sonmor shakes his head at how homer Ciskie has become.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Interesting to see this morning that in the the first 22 picks of the OHL draft, there are three of Marv's commits selected.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Interesting to see this morning that in the the first 22 picks of the OHL draft, there are three of Marv's commits selected.
          Not which option is better: Marv loses a bunch of top recruits to the OHL, or they all go to Michigan and Marv looks like the ******* he is and runs out of scholarships for all of his commitments.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Not which option is better: Marv loses a bunch of top recruits to the OHL, or they all go to Michigan and Marv looks like the ******* he is and runs out of scholarships for all of his commitments.
            All he case about is the W and what Red thinks about him. Going to the Frozen 4 has helped his stock in A2. You know the B1G mentality, they don't care what they have to do as long as they win.

U of MN is willing "fire" one of their best coaches ever.
            MSU (football and basketball especially) will recruit any headcase they can find as long as they help them win.
            U of MI will over recruit like crazy to make sure they can pick who they want, the rest be ******.
            I can't figure out how OSU and PSU are recruiting so well.

To be fair, Marv and other early departure schools are forced to slightly over recruit. That said, Marv takes it to an unhealthy level.

Comment

One of these days this will actually be a Tech thread instead of the current whine about Marv and NCHC thread.
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                One of these days this will actually be a Tech thread instead of the current whine about Marv and NCHC thread.
                Guilty as charged.

That being said, any HC news out of St. Cloud?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  It's the off season and Marv has "poached" some of our recruits and the MSU fans did their almost annual "why did we lose again in the first round? Must be us in the WCHA's fault." They are also really scared of losing their coach. We don't have a coaching search and very little drama so far this off-season. (I don't consider Reinke, Birks,... leaving "early" drama.)

Comment

Lots of questions for the THG guys:

Wondering if Bliss stays at LW and that moves Reitmeier to Center next year.
                    Centers seemed stocked with Steman return with Lucchini, Smith, Steman, and a fourth.

The top 6 seems to add the talented right wings coming into the program:
                    Williamson and Bellant joining Lucchini, Gould, Jackson, and Smith

I also see Broetzmann and Bliss taking 3rd or 4th line spots, will the recruits eat into Misiak, Brice or Beretta's playing time. I liked some of what I saw
                    from Marcus Russell. How did the coaching staff rate his freshman year?

How does Parrottino compare to Bliss, Broetzmann, Williamson, and Bellant?
                    Who are the top 3 forwards coming in?

How good will Matt Jurusik be?, where does he fit going into September on the depth chart. Is another two year transfer a question whether Beydoun's a #1. Robbie seems to have a very high ceiling.
                    Used to only having two guys that play, the third was really used for practice only, how do you keep them happy.

I remember a few years back saying, this team will threaten when Luch is a senior. What do you think the goals are for next year?
                    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-07-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Ok, hopefully that is the last time I have to watch that OT goal by ND.

Go Notre Dame!

Also, pray for the family and friends of all Humboldt players, coaches and anyone else that is affected by the horrible tragedy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

So the Huskies beat the national champs in their own building to start the season. And with the scenario to get them into the tournament, maybe they rate a thank you from the Bulldogs...?

Comment

Congrats to UMD.

Out of the Frozen 4 options, I was happy those two made it to the finals. I really didn't care who won. Joe has a lot of good things to say about the Irish program and UMD appears to be open to playing us in non-conference without too many strings attached.

I know we get ND at home next year. Do we get UMD as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                            Congrats to UMD.

Out of the Frozen 4 options, I was happy those two made it to the finals. I really didn't care who won. Joe has a lot of good things to say about the Irish program and UMD appears to be open to playing us in non-conference without too many strings attached.

I know we get ND at home next year. Do we get UMD as well?
                            I heard UMD is coming in Oct. I didn't know ND is coming too. That's an impressive lineup at the Mac. Get your season tickets early!

Comment

ND at home is not next season but I believe it is on the horizon.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                I heard UMD is coming in Oct. I didn't know ND is coming too. That's an impressive lineup at the Mac. Get your season tickets early!

Didn't mean to spread false information. I knew it wasn't 2017-2018 season, but for some reason I thought it was 2018-2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X