Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    What D1 schools have openings UAA, UNH, now SCSU,...? If his goal is Western, one would guess they would like to see a 2-3+ years as a D1 assistant head coach, 3-4 years D1 head coach for a AH, ECAC, or WCHA team. (My perception is WMU has a high opinion of themselves.)

Unless he applied and UAA or US developmental want him, I think he stays.

I like Joe as coach and the staff he put together.
    WMU might have a high opinion of themselves, but HC at Stevens Point and then success immediately as Assistant at MTU looks pretty good to me.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I would think Brooks remains until the WMU job opens up...
      Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      My perception is WMU has a high opinion of themselves.
      "Why Western?"
      In my opinion, any program that uses a question as their marketing tool, has a lot of self-doubt as well?
      (Or did someone just put that question mark on WMU's teleprompter?)

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'll repeat myself: does Western Michigan really have a hockey program? never heard of them.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          I'll repeat myself: does Western Michigan really have a hockey program? never heard of them.
          Sure they do. They're currently the only team with a performance history in the NCAA tournament worse than Minnesota State. The horsies are 0-7 in the show, probably bad enough to be sent to the glue factory.

Comment

I think they should be forced to change their name to "Western Lower Michigan." "Western Michigan" is simply not geographically accurate.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Can we get to page two so that **** picture isn't what I see every time I look at this thread?
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

So MTU hockey and Mitch's Misfits got some discussion on Minneapolis-St Paul sports talk today...that was fun
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  Can we get to page two so that **** picture isn't what I see every time I look at this thread?
                  I don't a see a picture. When I open a thread it shows me the most recent post.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I don't a see a picture. When I open a thread it shows me the most recent post.
                    same here but I don't blame him if he doesn't want to see that picture again...

Comment

same here but I don't blame him if he doesn't want to see that picture again...
                      I have mine set to oldest first because newest on top is barbaric. Problem solved though.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

So MTU hockey and Mitch's Misfits got some discussion on Minneapolis-St Paul sports talk today...that was fun
                        Glad someone else heard that — how about Twin Cities sports radio stating that Minnesota needs a group of misfits to help energize Mariucci.

Just another testemant to you guys and how much fun you have supporting your squad. Have always loved the misfits and the band!
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Glad someone else heard that — how about Twin Cities sports radio stating that Minnesota needs a group of misfits to help energize Mariucci.

Just another testemant to you guys and how much fun you have supporting your squad. Have always loved the misfits and the band!
                          Was it similar to the MSU Mavd article?

Comment

Heard this today too. Just another reason I became a fan of the program.
                            The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Was it similar to the MSU Mavd article?
                              Not exactly, was in the context of the Motzko hire and how Maricucci is kind of dead. Tickets cost too much and students are priced out, etc. Saying they need to cheap tickets to get the atmosphere that the Misfits bring. Talked a bit about Jake Jackson as well. Wondering why he's not a gopher.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                                Not exactly, was in the context of the Motzko hire and how Maricucci is kind of dead. Tickets cost too much and students are priced out, etc. Saying they need to cheap tickets to get the atmosphere that the Misfits bring. Talked a bit about Jake Jackson as well. Wondering why he's not a gopher.
                                The last one is easy. He's not a gopher because he picked a better university.

Comment

Working...
                                X