Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Nothing too complicated really - black cloth on the floor and then stand at the foot of the jersey and shoot downward. My shoes and excess black material are cropped out of the photos to give them a more uniform appearance. I've also learned over the years there is no substitute for a lot of good natural light, especially when trying to shoot the black jerseys. I know I could use a different color background with the dark jerseys (I tried gold at one point) but I like that with my web site being a black background formatting, it helps the background of the photos "disappear". All the big gold rectangles on the website looked goofy in my opinion so I scrapped the idea and stuck with all black, all the time. Unfortunately the black jerseys sometimes they disappear in the background as well and you just see striping and numbers.

I think the collectors that have a more angled image are likely not cropping their photos, so they just stand farther back and shoot at a shallow angle to eliminate anything they don't want from being in the image. When I first started I would get up on a chair so I could lean out almost over the center of the jersey, but since then I've discovered I don't have the free time any more to add the additional step to the process so I just stand on the floor.

Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Nothing too complicated really - black cloth on the floor and then stand at the foot of the jersey and shoot downward. My shoes and excess black material are cropped out of the photos to give them a more uniform appearance. I've also learned over the years there is no substitute for a lot of good natural light, especially when trying to shoot the black jerseys. I know I could use a different color background with the dark jerseys (I tried gold at one point) but I like that with my web site being a black background formatting, it helps the background of the photos "disappear". All the big gold rectangles on the website looked goofy in my opinion so I scrapped the idea and stuck with all black, all the time. Unfortunately the black jerseys sometimes they disappear in the background as well and you just see striping and numbers.

I think the collectors that have a more angled image are likely not cropping their photos, so they just stand farther back and shoot at a shallow angle to eliminate anything they don't want from being in the image. When I first started I would get up on a chair so I could lean out almost over the center of the jersey, but since then I've discovered I don't have the free time any more to add the additional step to the process so I just stand on the floor.

Ryan J
      Always great to see your stuff!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Just noticed UMD starts their season a week before us. They are playing a home and home with Minnesota. I happened to look at this upcoming season schedule.
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

He's back and better than ever for 2018-19!

Comment

It's hump day, so I'm changing it up a bit... Not just a jersey today.

Comment

Comment

The last off-season Joe Shawhan Hour will air on Monday 17 September at 8:45am on Mix 93.

Comment

Wouldn't it be the first preseason Joe Show?

I've only been getting through these last few days knowing the team has been on the ice and October is getting closer.
                  Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  The last off-season Joe Shawhan Hour will air on Monday 17 September at 8:45am on Mix 93.
                  Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Twenty-five years ago, the Huskies opened the season in these throwback sweaters.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      Wouldn't it be the first preseason Joe Show?

I've only been getting through these last few days knowing the team has been on the ice and October is getting closer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                      It was a welcome sight to see some of them running drills the other day when I stopped in the SDC. Just enjoying the current good weather until puck drop.

Thanks Ryan for the Jersey countdown!

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in 2015, Tyler wore this jersey during the longest game in Michigan Tech history.
                        He scored the lone goal in Michigan Tech's thrilling triple OT 1-0 playoff win over UAH.

Comment

Article from 3 weeks ago on Jagger Williamson. Sounds like he might have come in this year, if not for an academic snag.

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com...ers-open-camp/

Carver Watson is also playing for Vernon this season.

Comment

FYI I like the factoid you add to the jersey days. THANKS

Comment

A little late today, but another day off the count down with this 1970s vintage jersey.

Comment

One of the bright spots for Tech hockey, in an era when there were not many, Chris Conner posted 129 pts during his four seasons with the Huskies. As a member of the Run D.M.C. line (Desmet, Murphy, Conner), he set the team records for most short handed goals in a season (8; 2005-06) and career (15; 2002-06), both of which still stand today. This Fall Chris will be entering his 14th season of pro hockey. To date Conner has played 180 NHL games with the Stars, Penguins, Coyotes Red Wings and Capitals franchises and more than 600 games at the AHL level.

Comment

Working...
                                X