Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    I would think Tech attendance at games is based on how many tickets are sold for the game; not by how many tickets scanned at the door.
    For many, it’s (capacity - tickets available). I’ve seen team at junior & minor pro levels give out 100 tickets or more for a game and every one is counted as attendance. The eye test says Tech’s counts are pretty accurate.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

UMD #1, what a great opportunity.

Go Tech, for the fanbase, who do you think starts in Goal?

Comment

You gotta think Packy gets a chance to pick up where he left off.....off season antics aside.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          You gotta think Packy gets a chance to pick up where he left off.....off season antics aside.....
          Kero left off pretty well too. If he didn't get hurt, Packy's opening the gate at the end of the year.

And no antics.

Whomever Joe decides to run with, I hope he picks a #1 and sticks with him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

**BREAKING NEWS**

Updated Husky roster....where in the world is Munson?

Team picture does seem to include him.

I'm believing this to be dramatic antics by the organization.
            Last edited by walktheline; 09-29-2018, 07:10 AM.
            The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
              **BREAKING NEWS**

Updated Husky roster....where in the world is Munson?

Team picture does seem to include him.

I'm believing this to be dramatic antics by the organization.
              I'm believing it's dramatic antics on his part, not the organization.

Given that transfers can play right away could it be possible he saw he was down on the depth chart and finally got an offer from another school. Or a pro contract finally arrived in the mail. Or he got ****ed and left. Or maybe someone just forgot to add his name to the latest roster....

There sure should be some good questions for Joe on Monday.

Comment

Jumping ahead to the mid-2000s we arrive at this version of the classic "Huskies" crested sweater worn by Mike Batovanja (2004-05) and Ryan Angelow (2005-06). This was the first time in roughly a decade that "Huskies" cresting was back on the front of Tech home jerseys. Not everyone wants the #13 but these guys did and I consider myself lucky that I was offered this jersey in trade from another collector back in 2012. This jersey was released via in-game raffle during a three year stretch where Tech had the team sign all of their jerseys. Not very historically accurate to have all the extra ink on it, but that's the way they all ended up.

The large size of this particular jersey (56) doesn't convey it accurately, but the Huskies crest on this jersey is massive, nearly 18" across. It is by far the largest I've ever seen on a Tech jersey. For comparison, the crests on today's jersey are around 14" wide. These jerseys were first worn without names on the back as shown at the left. But later on for some reason the team added arched black nameplates with gold letters. They ran over the pinstriping and just generally looked out of place on the jerseys. But all kinds of weird things were happening back then. We also had a goalie who wore #17. To make matters worse, the massive goalie jersey wouldn't fit Mike Botovanja when he wanted to wear #17 the next season and he got stuck with the jersey shown in the two photos at the right which look like someone made it at home. The "MichiganTech" on the back is too low, the numbers are the wrong font style, the gold striping was too wide and even the shoulder patches didn't match the rest of the team. Then someone took a photo of him standing next to a guy named John Scott (maybe you've heard of him) who was about a foot taller than Mike, just for comparison.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Always hated the look of those. Hate the nameplate font/style, hate the logo across the lower back. Too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                    Given that transfers can play right away could it be possible he saw he was down on the depth chart and finally got an offer from another school.
                    Munson would not be able to play for another D-I school in the 2018-19 season. He would have to sit out a year if he transfers (again). He could however play immediately for a D-II/III program or turn pro as you noted. Packy was able to play for Tech last season because he did not play in any games at DU during the 2016-17 season when he was on their roster, so in essence he "sat out" that year and then was immediately able to play at Tech. Matt Jurusik is able to play this season as a transfer because he played all of last season with Sioux City of the USHL so he "sat out" of D-I for a season as well before coming to Tech. Matt last played D-I for Bucky in the 2016-17 season.
                    Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Always hated the look of those. Hate the nameplate font/style, hate the logo across the lower back. Too busy.
                      I thought they would have made a better road style. The clear branding of Michigan Tech on the back does make for a good promotion of the University when they are away from home and it is more common for teams to not have names on road jerseys. I agree that they really started looking less than steller when the nameplates were added. I think they were an afterthought because they clearly didn't leave room for them and why they were arched... who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Munson would not be able to play for another D-I school in the 2018-19 season. He would have to sit out a year if he transfers (again). He could however play immediately for a D-II/III program or turn pro as you noted. Packy was able to play for Tech last season because he did not play in any games at DU during the 2016-17 season when he was on their roster, so in essence he "sat out" that year and then was immediately able to play at Tech. Matt Jurusik is able to play this season as a transfer because he played all of last season with Sioux City of the USHL so he "sat out" of D-I for a season as well before coming to Tech. Matt last played D-I for Bucky in the 2016-17 season.
                        Ryan J
                        Even if Tech gave him a release or the NCAA granted him a waiver? With football players starting to transfer mid season because they aren't getting playing time it is hard to keep all the rule changes straight.

still should be some good questions coming Joe's way

I thought they would have made a better road style. The clear branding of Michigan Tech on the back does make for a good promotion of the University when they are away from home and it is more common for teams to not have names on road jerseys. I agree that they really started looking less than steller when the nameplates were added. I think they were an afterthought because they clearly didn't leave room for them and why they were arched... who knows.
                        I agree. I always hated the look of the Michigan Tech plate across the lower back. A rather stupid idea. I'm pretty sure we knew what school we were. And I'm pretty sure the opposition knew who they were playing against..
                        Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 09-29-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Ryan J
                          I believe that is untrue, if he has graduated. He could grad-transfer for one year, without sitting out. Like Wisconsin's goalie last season, from St. Lawrence.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I believe that is untrue, if he has graduated. He could grad-transfer for one year, without sitting out. Like Wisconsin's goalie last season, from St. Lawrence.
                            Is he a grad transfer? I didn't think he graduated last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Coach Shawhan has some 'splainin to do...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Coach Shawhan has some 'splainin to do...
                                I'd say so... since the players are being tight lipped about it. Word out of the KBC last night is that players are avoiding the subject like the plague..

Comment

Working...
                                X