Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    I attended the WCHA playoff series against MTU this past season and was shocked at the low fan turnout. I believe without the MTU fans and band the place would have been half full at best for each game.
    3,000 at $40 or 6,000 at $20?

BTW, Clarkson tickets are around $15. Major hotels are about $100+/nite.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Who honestly cares about the Timberwolves?
      Way more people than there are college hockey fans.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        3,000 at $40 or 6,000 at $20?

BTW, Clarkson tickets are around $15. Major hotels are about $100+/nite.
        $189 for the Hampton, and it's out on the edge of town. That's a bit stiff for a Hampton Inn, let alone one in rural upstate NY.

Clarkson Inn is $155 and right downtown, though breakfast won't be included (hotel breakfast buffets usually suck anyway). Might even be able to walk to Cheel if the weather is decent enough. Also has a generous cancellation policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          $189 for the Hampton, and it's out on the edge of town. That's a bit stiff for a Hampton Inn, let alone one in rural upstate NY.

Clarkson Inn is $155 and right downtown, though breakfast won't be included (hotel breakfast buffets usually suck anyway). Might even be able to walk to Cheel if the weather is decent enough. Also has a generous cancellation policy.
          For a motel, try the Potsdam Inn. It is a favorite of alums and hockey parents.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

a great loss for Michigan Tech hockey:

Bob Olson memorial service set for July 19
            July 13, 2018
            Bob Olson Obituary

HOUGHTON, Mich. – The memorial service for Bob Olson will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 19 at The Church of the Resurrection in Hancock. Olson, the original "Voice of the Huskies," passed away on March 3 in Middletown, Connecticut at the age of 87.

A native of Superior, Wisconsin, Olson began broadcasting Michigan Tech athletic events back in 1969 when he and partner, the late Joe Blake, purchased WMPL AM & FM in Hancock.

Olson relocated to the Copper Country from Hurley, Wisconsin. He started broadcasting Huskies sports with men's basketball and football. A lengthy meeting with legendary hockey coach John MacInnes led to adding hockey to the WMPL lineup. Olson called his first Husky hockey game on November 13, 1970.

Olson was known as the Dean of Broadcasters in all of college hockey and did hockey play-by-play for 32 seasons until his retirement after the 2000-01 season.

Olson is the originator of the WMPL College Hockey Poll—the first of its kind in the nation. WMPL also served as the clearinghouse for all of the country's college hockey scores with its call-in score service run by Bob and his wife Edda. She preceded him in death in 2000.

A true community-minded individual, Olson served as president of the Michigan Tech Blueline Club (1987-91), as a member of the Michigan Tech Community Advisory Committee, on Tech's Sports Promotion Committee (1987-92), and on the Hockey Coach Search Committee (1992).

Olson was inducted into the Michigan Tech Sports Hall of Fame in 1994. He also received the Otto Breitenbach WCHA Distinguished Service Award in 1997 and the American Hockey Coaches Association Jim Fullerton Award in 1996 for someone "who gave as much as he received and never stopped caring about the direction in which our game was heading."

The press box at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena is named in his honor. The Bob Olson Broadcast Center was dedicated during Winter Carnival 2001. The Tech men's basketball team hands out yearly the Bob Olson Award to the team's top newcomer.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

When will the roster be posted, any word on Williamson?

Comment

Cam Ellsworth to Norwich.

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...792588801?s=19

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to Cam. Norwich is getting a good guy and wonderful coach. Hope it works out well for both him and the school.

Comment

Mix93 will air a Michigan Tech hockey update with Joe Shawhan on Monday July 23 at 8:45am.

Comment

I was starting to wonder if we were going to get one for July.
                      I t would be nice if they'd pick a day when I'm home so I don't have to wait for them to post it. the June one I was in Hawaii, and No I wasn't going to get up at two in the morning to listen live. This time I have plans to be at the cabin, no internet... Oh well, late news is better than no news

So any guesses on who wears the 'C' this season? I think it ends up on Steman's jersey.

Comment

I was going to feel sorry for you not being able to listen live. Then I find out it's because you're either in Hawaii or at the cabin? Sorry, all sympathy has gone away.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          I was going to feel sorry for you not being able to listen live. Then I find out it's because you're either in Hawaii or at the cabin? Sorry, all sympathy has gone away.

What? no sympathy for having to listen to Joe out on the lani with warm ocean breezes blowing... LOL

I really did enjoy listening to what Joe had to say about Bellant, plays on the edge, lives on the edge. We want this guy in the line up when we go into BG. The kid sounds like quite the hard nosed character. Let's hope the coaches can keep all that channeled in a positive direction

Comment

Poking around in the Heisenberg site today and came upon a question for SG or another THG staffer that follows recruiting. If you go to the 2018 list and look under Minn HS recruits for 2020 along with Kyle Kukkonen, Heisenberg has another Maple Grove kid, Justin Janicke, listed as a Tech commit. Yet, he's not listed on the team page for Tech recruits...

After a quick search online I can find no mention anywhere of this kid committing. Did I miss something? Has SG heard anything of this kid giving Tech a verbal??

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                              Poking around in the Heisenberg site today and came upon a question for SG or another THG staffer that follows recruiting. If you go to the 2018 list and look under Minn HS recruits for 2020 along with Kyle Kukkonen, Heisenberg has another Maple Grove kid, Justin Janicke, listed as a Tech commit. Yet, he's not listed on the team page for Tech recruits...

After a quick search online I can find no mention anywhere of this kid committing. Did I miss something? Has SG heard anything of this kid giving Tech a verbal??
                              Janicke is a mistake on heisenberg...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Janicke is a mistake on heisenberg...
                                thanks, figured it was something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X