Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 638

Thread: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

  1. #421
    Yellowjackets
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    316

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Two. One right below Sec. G and one behind Sec. B near University Images. There are even two for the gals too

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys!

  2. #422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    951

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Alright, Tech Hockey Guide is getting ready to ramp back up because we’re getting close(ish) to hockey season. What do you guys want to see from us this year? Either before season starts or throughout the year?
    Shirtless, your post on the promise of the recruits was very interesting and insightful. I would like to read more analysis of how we stack up against the top WCHA teams and our outlook nationally. Tech has played two really good NCAA games in their 3 recent visits, but we don't have a win. What can be expected from this year's team.
    Season goals and realistic expectations. Let's talk Tech hockey. How will Tech approach playing Michigan at the GLI. This will be one that the Tech crowd has circled. Do the players anticipate this as much as the fans. Thanks for all the great work.

  3. #423
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    123

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Can't wait for Tech hockey to get started again. It'll be cool to see the new recruits on the ice. Hopefully, one of the goalies will step up.

    Man, I'm having a tough time deciding which games to travel to this year. I sure wish they were playing out west again somewhere. We had a blast watching them play in Vegas. My wife is not interested in spending Christmas in Detroit, so I might make a quick trip for the first home and home with the Cats in December. Flying into the UP is not cheap unfortunately.

  4. #424
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,541

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    John Scott has a podcast

    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  5. #425
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Ok, since it is the off-season I can post this. What Michigan Tech engineer designed these chairs? I want names... because you're brilliant.
    https://youtu.be/1PGlsPDG1vQ

    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  6. #426
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    22,785

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    My expectations are a Frozen Four appearance. The same as they have been since 1975.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Ha! Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  7. #427
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    For those that want to know more on Scott Tucker and have Netflix. One of the episodes on dirty money is about him (episode 2).
    Finally got to watch that last night. Really surprised they tried to show a side of the story painting Scott as the victim in the whole process. I get it that part of what made him so successful is the ignorance of people not reading what they signed, but when Scott continually says he didn't know what was going on or how his business worked... really? I think the most telling line in the feature was his driving coach saying that Scott was simply "racing the rule book" when he ran his loan business. In racing, like business, it's all about what you can get away with outside the rules/law if you want to have an edge over everyone else.

    Race engineers constantly push the rule book and then find ways to cover it. Make the car a fraction of an inch too low to meet specs on race day, then make sure if you win to drive your hot tires through the "marbles" to pick up extra rubber to increase the ride height back to within spec. Maybe the interest rates charged were not illegal, but the overall "cost" of the loan including fees is what drove people nuts.

    I also found it funny he had his own "news team" on staff to interview him after SCCA club races. Yep, that's one massive ego. I didn't feel bad watching his prototype car get dragged out of his basement with a John Deere Gator to head off to auction.

    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  8. #428
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,541

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Finally got to watch that last night. Really surprised they tried to show a side of the story painting Scott as the victim in the whole process. I get it that part of what made him so successful is the ignorance of people not reading what they signed, but when Scott continually says he didn't know what was going on or how his business worked... really? I think the most telling line in the feature was his driving coach saying that Scott was simply "racing the rule book" when he ran his loan business. In racing, like business, it's all about what you can get away with outside the rules/law if you want to have an edge over everyone else.

    Race engineers constantly push the rule book and then find ways to cover it. Make the car a fraction of an inch too low to meet specs on race day, then make sure if you win to drive your hot tires through the "marbles" to pick up extra rubber to increase the ride height back to within spec. Maybe the interest rates charged were not illegal, but the overall "cost" of the loan including fees is what drove people nuts.

    I also found it funny he had his own "news team" on staff to interview him after SCCA club races. Yep, that's one massive ego. I didn't feel bad watching his prototype car get dragged out of his basement with a John Deere Gator to head off to auction.

    Ryan
    Yeah, I felt like Scott was trying to play the victim but they did a good job of not letting him...idk
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  9. #429
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    I also like the part where the wife complained that she could no longer have a credit card because she was married to Scott. Hmm... maybe she should try a payday loan...
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  10. #430
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    409

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...


  11. #431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    951

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    This is a surprise, but the salary for the value provided was underwhelming.
    The problem is whatever raise will not translate in Ann Arbor. I wonder if he gave Tech a chance to counter.

    Did not think Skunk nation had this kind of appeal.

  12. #432
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    429

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Did not think Skunk nation had this kind of appeal.
    I don't know much about him other than that I've heard
    he did an excellent job at Tech. What is his background? What could his appeal with Skunk nation be?

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  13. #433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hoton
    Posts
    247

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    He'll get down to Ann Arbor and realize Marv has 4 other trainers who have been promised the same job.

  14. #434
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    This is a surprise, but the salary for the value provided was underwhelming.
    The problem is whatever raise will not translate in Ann Arbor. I wonder if he gave Tech a chance to counter.

    Did not think Skunk nation had this kind of appeal.
    Brewster made $63,361 at Tech. Bancroft $76,741 at UM.

  15. #435
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,748

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Well $13,000 is not enough to make up for cost of living differences, so if he left for money, he's a ****ing idiot.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  16. #436
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,905

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well $13,000 is not enough to make up for cost of living differences, so if he left for money, he's a ****ing idiot.
    it's more likely about moving forward further into the medical landscape. Much better options for that at skunk you than Tech is what he is thinking. Though if that is the reason then I know for a fact he had not fully explored his options at Tech

  17. #437
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,445

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by redwing61 View Post
    Is this a bad link? That guy has been with UM since 1991. Where is Tech mentioned anywhere in that article?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  18. #438
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,541

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Is this a bad link? That guy has been with UM since 1991. Where is Tech mentioned anywhere in that article?
    Brian brewster is coming from MTU

  19. #439
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,445

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    OK. Are we really at the point where we're complaining about an athletic trainer and glorified Asst. AD leaving? Plus, he went to UNO, so there's no "blood" loyalty there.

    We really need to store up Mel Haterade for the GLI.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  20. #440
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    429

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

    We really need to store up Mel Haterade for the GLI.

    Just picking scabs in the off-season. That's OK though, plenty of Marv hatred will fester before the GLI.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •