Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 533

Thread: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

  1. #341
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    22,758

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    yes, Clarkson is pulling my chain. something totally new. part of country I haven't seen. I would love for Tech fans to make a huge turnout. We travel!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 3.14159

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  2. #342
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    The Friday night game in Bemidji will be outdoors, the Saturday game will be in the Sanford Center. FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.

  3. #343
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,467

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    The Friday night game in Bemidji will be outdoors, the Saturday game will be in the Sanford Center. FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.
    That last line is extremely disappointing...would have been great exposure for both programs in Minnesota...wonít be on Lakeland either?

  4. #344
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    28,496
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    FoxSportsNorth is NOT televising either one.
    What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?

  5. #345

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,227
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?
    Gopher conflict?

  6. #346
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,303

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    What a joke. Why even have an outdoor game then?
    A hook to get Bemidji fans to buy season tickets. STHs get first crack at outdoor game tickets.
    At least Fox is covering two boys HS games live...

    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  7. #347
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    That last line is extremely disappointing...would have been great exposure for both programs in Minnesota...wonít be on Lakeland either?
    Won't be on Lakeland PBS either. Last year was contract renewal year for that TV contract and BSU set the fee pretty high that Lakeland PBS couldn't make it work financially. BSU's argument was that the home games being shown on free Over The Air TV was causing the low attendance numbers. I haven't looked at the final numbers, but I don't think it helped attendance at all by not having them on TV.

    Last year FoxSportsNorth covered games from other D-I teams in Minnesota and UND. The Beavers were the only Men's program in the State not to get a game on FSN.......

    WCHA.tv, I am assuming, will have the game.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  8. #348
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    A hook to get Bemidji fans to buy season tickets. STHs get first crack at outdoor game tickets.
    At least Fox is covering two boys HS games live...

    Ryan
    The BSU outdoor game is part of the BSU Season Ticket Package and not part of the Hockey Day Minnesota Ticket Package. With BSU's Season Ticket Numbers and the fact that they plan on setting up around 3,000 seats for the outdoor games, there should be a somewhere between 1,000-1,500 individual ticket available of the Friday night game.

    But FSN is also picking up the BSU Women's game against Mankato that is sandwiched in between the two HS boys games.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  9. #349
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,620

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    A hook to get Bemidji fans to buy season tickets. STHs get first crack at outdoor game tickets.
    At least Fox is covering two boys HS games live...

    Ryan
    Well, obviously the HS games will be covered live. That has always been a given, it is Hockey Day MN for god's sake.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  10. #350
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA TICKET INFORMATION

    Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday of Hockey Day Minnesota Bemidji will not go on sale until October and will be available through the Sanford Center ticket office or Ticketmaster once available. Tickets for the BSU menís game Friday night will be available through BSU/Sanford Center when BSU menís hockey tickets go on sale.

    What is the cost?
    Ticket prices for Thursday and Sunday will be announced in October. Ticket prices for BSU Menís hockey game Friday night will be determined by BSU.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  11. #351
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,467

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    HOCKEY DAY MINNESOTA TICKET INFORMATION

    Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday of Hockey Day Minnesota Bemidji will not go on sale until October and will be available through the Sanford Center ticket office or Ticketmaster once available. Tickets for the BSU menís game Friday night will be available through BSU/Sanford Center when BSU menís hockey tickets go on sale.

    What is the cost?
    Ticket prices for Thursday and Sunday will be announced in October. Ticket prices for BSU Menís hockey game Friday night will be determined by BSU.
    Saturdays game is at Sanford and will just be regular ticket price, right?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  12. #352
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Saturdays game is at Sanford and will just be regular ticket price, right?
    They should be.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  13. #353
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,482

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Wish Lakeland could show the games outside of Bemidji only. That could help exposure w/o losing ticket sales.

    Also, I could see a last minute add to FSN after the bulk of the ticket sale period.....I hope, anyway.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  14. #354
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Also, I could see a last minute add to FSN after the bulk of the ticket sale period.....I hope, anyway.
    Friday night's game would be the best bet. The Wild are off and the Goofers are at Michigan State (Big10 Network?). The NBA schedule has yet to be released.

  15. #355
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    28,496

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Friday night's game would be the best bet. The Wild are off and the Goofers are at Michigan State (Big10 Network?). The NBA schedule has yet to be released.
    Who honestly cares about the Timberwolves?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  16. #356
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,620

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Who honestly cares about the Timberwolves?
    No one.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  17. #357
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    365

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Who are the Timberwolves?

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  18. #358
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,482

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Who honestly cares about the Timberwolves?
    FSN does. And yeah, MN hockey would prob be on Big Ten. So if everything falls right, FSN could broadcast the game. Otherwise, maybe a one-game contract w/Lakeland (miracle) for the BSU game?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #359
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    . BSU's argument was that the home games being shown on free Over The Air TV was causing the low attendance numbers. I haven't looked at the final numbers, but I don't think it helped attendance at all by not having them on TV.
    .
    I was wondering how attendance was affected last season with no TV. Tough to compare, since Beavers won the MacNaughton in the last year of Lakeland, but could be an interesting data point in the argument over whether free TV hurts attendance

  20. #360
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    402

    Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I was wondering how attendance was affected last season with no TV. Tough to compare, since Beavers won the MacNaughton in the last year of Lakeland, but could be an interesting data point in the argument over whether free TV hurts attendance
    I attended the WCHA playoff series against MTU this past season and was shocked at the low fan turnout. I believe without the MTU fans and band the place would have been half full at best for each game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •