Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018 Off-season - The Next Step is Just Inches Away...

Rolling the clock back a bit, this #12 jersey last worn by Josh Singer (2002-03) and also by Paul Cabana (2000-02). This is the style which preceded yesterday's posting. The fan favorite "MichiganTech" graphic was boldly displayed on the front of the jersey directly below the even more loved Piano Dog. Just so much to love about this jersey for die-hard Tech fans.

Like most jerseys used by Tech in the modern era, these were recycled for multiple seasons with this one seeing three seasons of use. For the 2001-02 season, the league had all teams add a beautiful and bold patch celebrating 50 years of WCHA hockey. Well ok, a 1" by 2" black and white patch hidden on the back of the jersey below the neck line. The patches were so awe inspiring that Tech left them on the jerseys for the 2002-03 season as well. If anyone from the WCHA is reading this, if you want to see what an anniversary patch should look like, just go check out ANY other team, conference, organization, etc and see what they did. Trust me, they are all better than this patch that looks like it was designed by a first week intern graphic designer. Let's hope Tech does MUCH better when it's time to celebrate 100 years of Tech hockey in the near future.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I believe that is untrue, if he has graduated. He could grad-transfer for one year, without sitting out. Like Wisconsin's goalie last season, from St. Lawrence.
      Seems to me that it would be tough to earn a degree after just three years of college spread out between three different universities.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        I'd say so... since the players are being tight lipped about it. Word out of the KBC last night is that players are avoiding the subject like the plague..
        Ohhhh boy.

Comment

Today brings us to one of my favorite players of an era of Tech hockey where I got to watch all the games first hand from the stands. Jason Prokopetz and his #11 sweater always seemed to find a way to get the crowd going. He struck a good balance of leadership and physical play on the ice. He posted 152 PIMs his first season on the ice and totaled 405 PIMs during his four years at Tech (but still 94 behind Darcy Martini's all-time record total of 499). By the time he was a senior Proky would be wearing the "C" for the Huskies and also earned his degree in engineering.

This jersey is from the 1995-98 seasons and you can still see where the team removed the "C" after he left the team. (Tech recycled EVERYTHING back then.) This style was worn one more season, but no one wore #11 in 1997-98. Tech also removed the nameplate from the jersey. It should have a gold on white two color name above the numbers.

During the 1995-96 season Tech wore a rather understated circular patch to celebrate their 75th season of varsity hockey. It was a large "75" with the years 1920 and 1995 written inside the numbers. Yeah, I know I complained about patches yesterday too. I figure if you're going to do something like that, make it special. If you're just going to throw something bland on there, skip it. At the time the team had white, gold and these black jerseys and each jersey set had their own color coordinating patch. After the season the team stripped off all the patches, even off the jerseys that were no longer to be used. I managed to get a few of them before they got tossed and so the jersey is shown as it was worn during that 75th anniversary season.

Comment

Joe Shawhan Hour is on now. Listen online at themix93.com, pasty.net, or the TuneIn app. Or if you're lucky enough to be in the Copper Country, just put on 93.5FM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
              Seems to me that it would be tough to earn a degree after just three years of college spread out between three different universities.
              I agree. I don't think it is likely he has graduated, but if he were to take summer classes, and was lucky enough that transfer credits worked out, it is possible, which is why I mentioned it. A possibility, but a pretty unlikely possibility, in my opinion.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Packy Munson situation has just been explained by Joe Shawhan. They took him back late in the summer, gave him a chance, saw that it wasn't working, and decided to let him go (sounds like the players had a say in the final decision too). So the three goalies this season will be Beydoun, Jurusik, and Kero.

Also sounds like Jake Lucchini will go back to his preferred spot on the wing, contingent on the development of Greyson Reitmeyer at center.
                Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 10-01-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

If Munson was going to be a distraction in the room, and it sounds like he was, then I think it is best they parted ways now. Get that out of the way and don't let it be an issue going into the season.
                  Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    If Munson was going to be a distraction in the room, and it sounds like he was, then I think it is best they parted ways now. Get that out of the way and don't let it be an issue going into the season.
                    Ryan
                    I concur.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      The Packy Munson situation has just been explained by Joe Shawhan. They took him back late in the summer, gave him a chance, saw that it wasn't working, and decided to let him go (sounds like the players had a say in the final decision too). So the three goalies this season will be Beydoun, Jurusik, and Kero.
                      I hope the best for Munson moving forward but for the good of the program I am glad it did not work out. I think having 4 goaltenders would have been an absolute disaster especially the way things went last season.

Drop the puck and get after it!

Go Huskies!
                      Last edited by rustedblades; 10-01-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        I hope the best for Munson moving forward but for the good of the program I am glad it did not work out. I think having 4 goaltenders would have been an absolute disaster especially the way things went last season.

Drop the puck and get after it!

Go Huskies!
                        Yep to all of that.

Hopefully a season with less 'turmoil" both in the locker room and in the parent section (you know what they say about apples and trees)

Go Huskies!

Comment

I hope they retake the team photo then!
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            I hope they retake the team photo then!
                            nah... this has been a soap-opera from the get go. a great, or at least decent, story to tell...

leave him on... hang him up!

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                              Yep to all of that.

Hopefully a season with less 'turmoil" both in the locker room and in the parent section (you know what they say about apples and trees)

Go Huskies!
                              Did we miss something in the parents section last season? I'm on the opposite side of the ice so I miss the action over there. What happened?

Comment

I see for the Saturday game against Duluth it says sold out. You can't even click on the Buy Tickets icon. Just wondering if standing room tickets are all sold out too. That place should be rockin' a week from from Friday. Friday's game still has tickets that are available, but not many left to purchase.
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X