Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tier 1 U19 Nationals Who will win.

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    Looking at myhockeyrankings.com I see that the top four teams are Shattuck, Boston Jr. Eagles, Belle Tire and East Coast Wizards. I assume they are the top seeds in pool play and have to be the favorites to win it all. I wish I were savvy enough to create a poll to see who the group feels will be eventual champion, but I'm not. So, I'll just put it out there for reply. Who's going to win the title? One of these four teams, or will a dark-horse get hot and take it all?
    Here is your poll. All you had to do is create a new thread and follow the directions.
    Shattuck
    56.25%
    Boston Jr. Eagles
    12.50%
    Belle Tire
    12.50%
    East Coast Wizards
    6.25%
    The Field
    6.25%
    Don't Care, I'm Canadian
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by vicb; 03-27-2018, 11:35 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Re: Tier 1 U19 Nationals Who will win.

Chicago Mission has beat Shattuck 4 times. And Shattuck has split with Belle Tire.

Comment

Nationals seeding did not track exactly with myhockeyrankings at u19: Here are the top 5 seeds.

1. SSM
      2. BT
      3. ECW
      4. Mission
      5. BJE

Comment

Show of hands: how many people have seen one of these teams play let alone two?
        Yet we have opinions

Comment

I've seen the Pride play. Unfortunately, they are not a factor.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I voted for the Boston Jr Eagles to win since the grown up ones had such a rough ending to their year losing to the Buckeyes and all. Gotta encourage the youngsters. And no I have never seen any of the team's play. But, I do like it when underdogs win. Well, unless it's against the Gophers, of course.

So, go Jr Eagles! Rah!
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-27-2018, 07:28 PM. Reason: Does Gigi Marvin still play in Boston?
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              I voted for the Boston Jr Eagles to win since the grown up ones had such a rough ending to their year losing to the Buckeyes and all. Gotta encourage the youngsters. And no I have never seen any of the team's play. But, I do like it when underdogs win. Well, unless it's against the Gophers, of course.

So, go Jr Eagles! Rah!
              By encouraging them now, you're just setting them up for crushing disappointment when they become adult Eagles in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                By encouraging them now, you're just setting them up for crushing disappointment when they become adult Eagles in a few years.
                True, but they're not Gophers so do we really care? Okay, that's not nice. How about, "But they'll always have Paris?" No. That doesn't make sense. Well, then I guess eventually they will just have to accept their role in life as the team that never quite reaches the brass ring or hoists the championship trophy. It's a little sad really.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-27-2018, 11:45 PM. Reason: Harold Stassen eventually accepted his role.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I have seen the Eagles and the Wizards play. I would bet on Eagles of the two! (although really like the Wizards goalie...who will be an Eagle next year ..Kelly Pickereign)

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    Show of hands: how many people have seen one of these teams play let alone two?
                    Yet we have opinions
                    I have seen them all play. Hard to vote against Shattuck but they are not so dominating that BJE or Belle Tire can’t sneak in and take it. In single elimination games almost anything can happen.

Comment

Mission has be at Shattuck 4 Times. That is the elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        Gophers have:
                        >3 recruits at Blake
                        >2 at Edina
                        >2 at Breck
                        >2 at Mission U16
                        >1 at Mission U19
                        >1 at SSM U19

I'm rooting for Blake!
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          Not saying that Shattuck isn't vulnerable, but it should be factored in that three of those loses were during the World u18 tournament when Shattuck was short eight players.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
                            Not saying that Shattuck isn't vulnerable, but it should be factored in that three of those loses were during the World u18 tournament when Shattuck was short eight players.
                            Yes and with Shattuck missing 8 players to World Championships Mission swept 3 game series but 2 of 3 wins were by 1 goal.. Belle Tire (although very solid team) stole a 1-0 Victory despite being out played and out shot. BJE cancelled a 2 game series vs Shattuck that was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago... anything can happen in single elimination starting in quarter finals and Aerin Frankel is not in net anymore for the Sabres and was off winning big games at NU this year but my $$ is still on the 2 time defending Nat Champs

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                              Yes and with Shattuck missing 8 players to World Championships Mission swept 3 game series but 2 of 3 wins were by 1 goal.. Belle Tire (although very solid team) stole a 1-0 Victory despite being out played and out shot. BJE cancelled a 2 game series vs Shattuck that was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago... anything can happen in single elimination starting in quarter finals and Aerin Frankel is not in net anymore for the Sabres and was off winning big games at NU this year but my $$ is still on the 2 time defending Nat Champs
                              That's a lot of whatta coulda shoulda. Ten losses is far from dominant.

Comment

Working...
                              X