Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Todd Knott named Associate Head Coach — a well deserved addition to his title and pocketbook. Todd is a phenomenal guy, and a wealth of hockey knowledge. Great recruiter.

He’ll be a head coach somewhere sooner, rather than later.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Tickets arrived in today's mail. That probably means we should open the 2018-19 thread!
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Saw CJ play the last 2 games. I was very impressed, as were the Winnipeg people, but he's sort of in the same situation as Teddy - a good F/C on a team stacked with good F/Cs.

Also, Brickley is looking like a lock to make the Kings. Maybe going undrafted isn't all bad!

Comment

Pretty cool new tradition for the Mavs as they enter their 50th season as a program — from msumavericks.com:

Story Links Mankato, Minn. --- On the cusp of beginning its 50th season, the Minnesota State men's hockey program has announced the inaugural induction class to its Legends of Maverick Hockey.

The first five members of Legends of Maverick Hockey will be formally recognized during Minnesota State's season-opening weekend Oct. 12-13 when Boston University comes to town for a pair of nonconference games.

Selected for induction are former head coach Don Brose, Karl Ulrich (a captain on MSU's first team in 1969-70), Steve Forliti (captain on Minnesota State's NCAA DII championship team in 1979-80), Tim Jackman (the first player from Minnesota State to play in the National Hockey League) and current Boston Bruin and two-time Olympian David Backes.

Mike Hastings, who is entering his seventh year as Minnesota State's head coach, said that the celebration of 50 years of Maverick Hockey offered the opportunity to honor "people that have helped us get to where we are as a program."

"We wanted to recognize players, coaches and builders that have made this program special," said Hastings. "Over the course of five decades, Minnesota State Hockey has had many successes. And our Legends of Maverick Hockey program allows us to shed some light on those that have played significant roles in our achievements during this time. We're extremely excited and looking forward to begin the 2018-19 season by celebrating the contributions that Don, Karl, Steve, Tim and David have made in making Maverick Hockey unique."

The first season of Minnesota State men's hockey was 1969-70 and during the course of the past 49 years the Mavericks have amassed a won-loss record of 887-646-153 (.572). The Mavericks, who have won the MacNaughton Cup as Western Collegiate Hockey Association regular season champions three times in the last six years, have made four trips to the NCAA postseason tournament in the last six years. In six years under Hastings, Minnesota State has more wins (151) than any other program in NCAA Division I.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Just saw the prices for the Boston and Minnesota games and can't help but scratch my head about the cash grab. I get it that you want to make as much money as possible and that those games most likely will sell out but still I think it's kind of garbage by the University to do that because it does make the game unaccessible for a lot of fans. For a family of 5 to go to one of those games it's just too much and it's not the way you build a fanbase
            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Working...
            X