Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
    Thanks appreciate it. By chance do u know any players we are after? Can’t wait til we’re in the NCHC!
    As of now, 8 guys coming in next year:

D Wyatt Aamodt - Hermantown, MN - Lincoln Stars(USHL)

D Andy Carroll - Northfield, MN - Green Bay Gamblers(USHL)

G Dryden McKay - Downers Grove, IL - Madison Capitols(USHL)

F Julian Napravnik - Bad Nauheim, Germany - Des Moines Buccaneers(USHL)

F Nathan Smith - Hudson, FL - Cedar Rapids Roughriders(USHL) — FWIW, Smith is regarded as this class’ top recruit.

G Jacob Berger - Minnetonka, MN - Merritt Cenntennials(BCHL)

D Zakery Galambos - Walnut Creek, CA - Wenatchee Wild(BCHL)

F Chris Van-Os Shaw - Regina, Sask - Spruce Grove Saints(AJHL) — interesting note on Chris, he played the last two seasons with the Humboldt Broncos, who of course are the team that suffered the tragic bus crash last week.

I should add, F Shane McMahan is now eligible to play as well — he played for the USHL’s Fargo Force in 2016-2017 and was in Mankato this past season, practicing and working out with the team.
    Last edited by MavHockey14; 04-13-2018, 12:49 PM.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

We got another German!!! That's a heck of a pipeline we've got.
      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        We got another German!!! That's a heck of a pipeline we've got.
        I believe there will now be 6 in the NCAA, three of them in Mankato.
        AF 99

Comment

Anyone have any information on the rumor of Marc Michaelis going home to play for Adler Mannheim? translated from German via google:

Nico Krämmer (most recently Kölner Haie). According to information from the journal "Ice Hockey News", the 25-year-old has already signed in Mannheim. Not confirmed are the rumors, after striker Marc Michaelis returns to Mannheim. The former young eagle is currently playing the World Cup preparation with the national team. Whether Jerome Flaake breaks off his tents in Munich and meets with the eagles on his former teammates David Wolf and Garrett Festerling from the Hamburg Freezers, is not yet clear.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            As of now, 8 guys coming in next year:

D Wyatt Aamodt - Hermantown, MN - Lincoln Stars(USHL)

D Andy Carroll - Northfield, MN - Green Bay Gamblers(USHL)

G Dryden McKay - Downers Grove, IL - Madison Capitols(USHL)

F Julian Napravnik - Bad Nauheim, Germany - Des Moines Buccaneers(USHL)

F Nathan Smith - Hudson, FL - Cedar Rapids Roughriders(USHL) — FWIW, Smith is regarded as this class’ top recruit.

G Jacob Berger - Minnetonka, MN - Merritt Cenntennials(BCHL)

D Zakery Galambos - Walnut Creek, CA - Wenatchee Wild(BCHL)

F Chris Van-Os Shaw - Regina, Sask - Spruce Grove Saints(AJHL) — interesting note on Chris, he played the last two seasons with the Humboldt Broncos, who of course are the team that suffered the tragic bus crash last week.

I should add, F Shane McMahan is now eligible to play as well — he played for the USHL’s Fargo Force in 2016-2017 and was in Mankato this past season, practicing and working out with the team.
            Nathan Smith might be staying in the USHL one more year.

According to the article after the Roughriders last game, it pegged him as a returner http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...Sports+News%29

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
              Nathan Smith might be staying in the USHL one more year.

According to the article after the Roughriders last game, it pegged him as a returner http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...Sports+News%29
              Minnesota State’s official release on whose coming in for 2018-2019 includes Smith — checking to see if I can get confirmation.
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                Anyone have any information on the rumor of Marc Michaelis going home to play for Adler Mannheim? translated from German via google:

Nico Krämmer (most recently Kölner Haie). According to information from the journal "Ice Hockey News", the 25-year-old has already signed in Mannheim. Not confirmed are the rumors, after striker Marc Michaelis returns to Mannheim. The former young eagle is currently playing the World Cup preparation with the national team. Whether Jerome Flaake breaks off his tents in Munich and meets with the eagles on his former teammates David Wolf and Garrett Festerling from the Hamburg Freezers, is not yet clear.
                Hearing Michaelis is still in Mankato and this isn’t a worry right now. Will update as I learn more, hopefully this afternoon.
                AF 99

Comment

Minnesota State’s official release on whose coming in for 2018-2019 includes Smith — checking to see if I can get confirmation.
                  Confirmed Smith will be headed back to Cedar Rapids next fall.
                  AF 99

Comment

Confirmed Smith will be headed back to Cedar Rapids next fall.
                    Does that mean we will be bringing in someone else? If we lose Marc that’s a huge blow to the team. Hope he stays.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                      Does that mean we will be bringing in someone else? If we lose Marc that’s a huge blow to the team. Hope he stays.
                      I’m guessing Shane McMahan is technically the recruit in Smith’s place.

I’d be HIGHLY surprised if Michaelis leaves, FWIW.
                      AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        I’m guessing Shane McMahan is technically the recruit in Smith’s place.

I’d be HIGHLY surprised if Michaelis leaves, FWIW.
                        Thanks appreciate it. The 2019 class looks to be pretty good. It’s like Hastings has a recruiting cycle, bring in speedy, skilled forwards in one class n then get some gritty players next. Great success! Anything on a grad transfer goalie?

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Totally off subject - Does Jake Brenk get a banner for making it to the NHL?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Totally off subject - Does Jake Brenk get a banner for making it to the NHL?
                            For being a referee? Doubt it. It'd be unique, though.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Hi - I just picked up a nice collection of MSU jerseys from their early years in the "new WCHA". You'll find these jerseys in a lot of championship photos for the Mavs as they seemed to pull these out for big games. The prices include shipping. I would also consider trading them for other styles of Mankato jerseys (or other D-I jerseys for that matter). Feel free to email me (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) with any questions. Now's your chance to get a Mankato jersey with championship pedigree and the WCHA logo on it before you move to the NCHC.

Ryan

2013-16 Road 3 Thompson, Blake Bauer 58, light wear $200
                              2013-15 Road 4 Buchanan, Nick Bauer 58, light wear $200
                              2013-15 Road 8 Gaede, Max Bauer 58, very good wear $225
                              2013-16 Road 9 Gervais, Bryce Bauer 54, board burns $295
                              2013-16 Road 11 Flanagan, Sean Bauer 56, board burns $225
                              2013-14 Road 14 Herndon, Taylor Bauer 58, board burns $200
                              2013-16 Road 17 Huntebrinker, Michael Bauer 56, good wear $225
                              2013-16 Road 26 Margonari, Dylan Bauer 56, good wear, board burns $225
                              2013-15 Road 28 Jutzi, Jon Bauer 58, light wear $225
                              2013-14 Road 31 Karambelas, Evan Bauer 60GC, double nameplates, light wear $295
                              2013-16 Road 34 Huggins, Cole Bauer 60GC, double nameplates, good wear $295

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                Hi - I just picked up a nice collection of MSU jerseys from their early years in the "new WCHA". You'll find these jerseys in a lot of championship photos for the Mavs as they seemed to pull these out for big games. The prices include shipping. I would also consider trading them for other styles of Mankato jerseys (or other D-I jerseys for that matter). Feel free to email me (info@johnsonsjerseys.net) with any questions. Now's your chance to get a Mankato jersey with championship pedigree and the WCHA logo on it before you move to the NCHC.

Ryan

2013-16 Road 3 Thompson, Blake Bauer 58, light wear $200
                                2013-15 Road 4 Buchanan, Nick Bauer 58, light wear $200
                                2013-15 Road 8 Gaede, Max Bauer 58, very good wear $225
                                2013-16 Road 9 Gervais, Bryce Bauer 54, board burns $295
                                2013-16 Road 11 Flanagan, Sean Bauer 56, board burns $225
                                2013-14 Road 14 Herndon, Taylor Bauer 58, board burns $200
                                2013-16 Road 17 Huntebrinker, Michael Bauer 56, good wear $225
                                2013-16 Road 26 Margonari, Dylan Bauer 56, good wear, board burns $225
                                2013-15 Road 28 Jutzi, Jon Bauer 58, light wear $225
                                2013-14 Road 31 Karambelas, Evan Bauer 60GC, double nameplates, light wear $295
                                2013-16 Road 34 Huggins, Cole Bauer 60GC, double nameplates, good wear $295

Look good! I’ll be contacting you

Comment

Working...
                                X