Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Minnesota State picks up a commitment from '99 Chase Hamstad.

He played for White Bear Lake and the Philadelphia Rebels (NAHL) last year

He was drafted in the 9th Round of the USHL Phase II draft by Cedar Rapids
    Is he likely to make the Riders this year? And while I have you on the line, are you surprised Nathan Smith isn't coming to college this fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      Is he likely to make the Riders this year? And while I have you on the line, are you surprised Nathan Smith isn't coming to college this fall?
      I’m not one bit — Hastings making him take the Jaremko route.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        sorry just getting back to this forum. Chase has a good shot of making the roster as I have seen he is projected as a '20 commit for MSU. CR is loaded with '19 commits so a 2 year guy would be ideal.

Yes and no with Nathan Smith. Yes he had a good year last season, but he is still learning the game. By this I mean just 1 year ago he was playing Florida High School Hockey. he should have a big year with his winger Marek Valach also coming back this year

Comment

Gold jerseys coming this year....
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Gold jerseys coming this year....
            You mean the school colors will actually be identifiable? Not black and white?
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

teaser photos look pretty good imo

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                You mean the school colors will actually be identifiable? Not black and white?
                Purple helmets and pants as well. I saw the full jersey photos in a couple of players. Gloves purple too. Much different than anything we’ve seen. Road jerseys are purple not black.

Old school LA Kings style. They look awesome.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Purple helmets and pants as well. I saw the full jersey photos in a couple of players. Gloves purple too. Much different than anything we’ve seen. Road jerseys are purple not black.

Can't wait!
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Ive been hoping for this for a long time. A color rush! Ill be buying both. My boy will want a new one and no doubt he will ask me to order purple gloves too
                    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                      Ive been hoping for this for a long time. A color rush! Ill be buying both. My boy will want a new one and no doubt he will ask me to order purple gloves too
                      I’m happy they’re finally embracing the school colors. I want them to find something that sticks so they can get a traditional look going moving forward.
                      AF 99

Comment

Great news on the return of the gold! And more purple!

Also, booked flights down to Arizona in late December. Of course, I did this under the assumption that the games will be played in Gila River Arena, where tickets will be plentiful, and not Oceanside, where we might not be able to get seats. Tell me there will be some announcement soon on this!

Good news is that the Coyotes are out of town that weekend, and Gila River isn't listing any concerts or other events those days, but it would be a real kick in the shorts to end up at Oceanside.

Comment

Also, booked flights down to Arizona in late December. Of course, I did this under the assumption that the games will be played in Gila River Arena, where tickets will be plentiful, and not Oceanside, where we might not be able to get seats. Tell me there will be some announcement soon on this!

Good news is that the Coyotes are out of town that weekend, and Gila River isn't listing any concerts or other events those days, but it would be a real kick in the shorts to end up at Oceanside.
                          A group of us considered it but unfortunately prices where higher then expected so we passed on that trip. Might head to grand forks for the UND games
                          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            A group of us considered it but unfortunately prices where higher then expected so we passed on that trip. Might head to grand forks for the UND games
                            Grand Forks would be a fun trip. I have a sister who lives in the Glendale/Peoria area, so I have free lodging for the Desert Classic. Makes the trip a little more manageable financially.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                              The UND tickets went on sale yesterday, FYI.

MSU likely will have an allotment but I’d expect the majority to sell for that trip.
                              AF 99

Comment

The games are at Gila, no worries.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X