Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
    I'll never fault a kid for taking the money when they can. The "better" option is only known after the fact unfortunately. With such a small potential window, sometimes it's best for these guys to take the money when they can and make as much as they can.
    When the money’s on the table, you’re one bump from the wrong angle from it disappearing.

Hope you like Mats Israelsson. He’s really a good kid.
    Last edited by davyd83; 06-19-2018, 12:34 AM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      When the money’s on the table, you’re one bump from the wrong angle from it disappearing.

Hope you like Mats Israelsson. He’s really a good kid.
      I’ve heard good things — hope he earns the net and gives the Mavs some stability there.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

NHL schedule has the Coyotes out of town on December 28-29, so there’s a good chance we’ll be playing our tournament in the Gila River arena

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          NHL schedule has the Coyotes out of town on December 28-29, so there’s a good chance we’ll be playing our tournament in the Gila River arena
          The tournament will be at Gila River — thankfully.
          AF 99

Comment

Also, recruit Nathan Smith was taken 91st overall by Winnipeg in this weekend’s NHL draft.. as a third rounder, he’s the highest drafted Maverick since 2012.

Plan is for Smith to play one more season in Cedar Rapids prior to coming to Mankato.
            AF 99

Comment

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July, Maverick fans!
              AF 99

Comment

ASU announces schedule for their holiday tournament. We'll face Duluth in Friday's first game at 4:30 Mountain time, while ASU and Clarkson follow at 7:30. Same times on Saturday for consolation and championship games.

Nothing against Duluth, but a) I'm still stinging from Sioux Falls; b) that's a long way to go to play another Minnesota team; and c) I haven't seen us play ASU or Clarkson

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  ASU announces schedule for their holiday tournament. We'll face Duluth in Friday's first game at 4:30 Mountain time, while ASU and Clarkson follow at 7:30. Same times on Saturday for consolation and championship games.

Nothing against Duluth, but a) I'm still stinging from Sioux Falls; b) that's a long way to go to play another Minnesota team; and c) I haven't seen us play ASU or Clarkson
                  I’m very excited about playing UMD. Adding an NCHC team to the schedule, one that should be very good, and playing it where I can golf and sit in the sunshine prior? Very exciting.

Ideal scenario is to play UMD and Clarkson (beat UMD and play Clarkson in the title game).
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    I’m very excited about playing UMD. Adding an NCHC team to the schedule, one that should be very good, and playing it where I can golf and sit in the sunshine prior? Very exciting.

Ideal scenario is to play UMD and Clarkson (beat UMD and play Clarkson in the title game).
                    Personally, I would also like to play Clarkson in the championship game.

I have a good friend who is a Clarkson graduate and a Clarkson hockey fan. We met back in the early 90's while working for the same company in California. The 2 of us have been to every game (albeit only 4) that Clarkson and MSU have ever played, and both of us would like it to be the 5th. We went to the series in Potsdam in 2000, and to the series in Mankato in 2001. He still lives in California and had reserved the spare bedroom in our basement last April hoping that we might both be playing in the Frozen Four in St. Paul. Obviously that didn't work out for either of us.

I contacted him as soon as I saw this teams in this years tournament, and we discussed meeting in Phoenix. I don't know yet whether he can make it but I will for sure be there.

Comment

Blue Line Club golf outing is Monday.. I’ll post any updates or fun tidbits here next week.
                      AF 99

Comment

Take it for what it’s worth, but it sounds like Motzko and Hastings have been working on bringing BC and BU to MN in 2019-2020 for one game each — MSU vs. BC and BU vs. MN Friday, then BC and BU play the other school Saturday. I’ve heard these will likely be games in Mankato and Minneapolis.

Additionally, MSU and UMN would reciprocate the following year by heading out to beantown.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Take it for what it’s worth, but it sounds like Motzko and Hastings have been working on bringing BC and BU to MN in 2019-2020 for one game each — MSU vs. BC and BU vs. MN Friday, then BC and BU play the other school Saturday. I’ve heard these will likely be games in Mankato and Minneapolis.

Additionally, MSU and UMN would reciprocate the following year by heading out to beantown.
                          Interesting! Why do I get the feeling that when the dust settles, all the games will be in Minneapolis?
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                            Interesting! Why do I get the feeling that when the dust settles, all the games will be in Minneapolis?
                            I don't think Hastings would agree with playing these games in Minneapolis. BU or BC vs. MSU in Minneapolis would be played in an almost empty building.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                              I don't think Hastings would agree with playing these games in Minneapolis. BU or BC vs. MSU in Minneapolis would be played in an almost empty building.
                              Agreed...there is no upside to doing that. There isn't more money. There isn't more eyeballs.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Minnesota State picks up a commitment from '99 Chase Hamstad.

He played for White Bear Lake and the Philadelphia Rebels (NAHL) last year

He was drafted in the 9th Round of the USHL Phase II draft by Cedar Rapids

Comment

Working...
                                X