Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
    Are you just trying to rile mavhockey14 up again? The subject has been covered in a couple of threads. If they have the chance they will move. I will continue to support Mav hockey no matter which conference they are in and go to games to watch the Mavericks. Yes it is fun to see drafted talent in the building from the visiting team and the in state rivals but it doesn't sway my attendance. I know it does for some casual fans. I don't know if it would bring the students back, that is one segment that disappoints me these days.
    I think that's something we can all agree upon. I'm not sure I understand the students. It bizarre that every game there is a stream of people leaving after the second period. Are the happy hour specials really starting that early? If I remember correctly, student parties didn't get started until 10 or 11 on any given Friday or Saturday.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
      I think that's something we can all agree upon. I'm not sure I understand the students. It bizarre that every game there is a stream of people leaving after the second period. Are the happy hour specials really starting that early? If I remember correctly, student parties didn't get started until 10 or 11 on any given Friday or Saturday.
      Scheduling hasn't helped with the students, either. This year, the UAH and NMU series were over the Christmas break, and the conference tournament weekends were during spring break. Kudos to the band, though. They showed up all year, and performed rather well.

Comment

Just spoke to Bob Motzko, FWIW he doesn’t think Mike is moving to St. Cloud.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Just spoke to Bob Motzko, FWIW he doesn’t think Mike is moving to St. Cloud.
          I agree as was with a number of people this past weekend with Mankato ties and that person closest to program confirmed that as well as there's a number of things at play here and NCHC isn't really a factor.

Comment

Daniel Brickley made his NHL debut tonight for the Kings. Got an assist on what may well be the game winning goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
              Daniel Brickley made his NHL debut tonight for the Kings. Got an assist on what may well be the game winning goal.
              The Wild announcers said he wasn't eligible for the playoffs, while Louie Belpedio - who just signed yesterday with the Wild - is. Those are some weird rules.

Anyone, well done, Brick!

Comment

I don't know if this is news or not: http://www.sprucegrovesaints.ca/medi...html?nID=13411

For immediate release

Saints forward Chris Van Os-Shaw announces that due to unforeseen circumstances he will not be attending the University of Alaska- Anchorage in the fall of 2018.

In lieu of this development, the Saints are proud to announce that Chris has committed to play for the University of Minnesota State-Mankato Mavericks for the upcoming season.

The Mavericks, located in Mankato, Minnesota compete in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA). The program has 5 NCAA tournament appearances to their credit and won the WCHA Regular Season Title this season.

The Saints would like to congratulate Chris and his family on this new opportunity.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  The Wild announcers said he wasn't eligible for the playoffs, while Louie Belpedio - who just signed yesterday with the Wild - is. Those are some weird rules.
                  Belpedio was drafted by the Wild so he was already technically part of their organization at the trade deadline, while Brickley was a free agent.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I don't know if this is news or not: http://www.sprucegrovesaints.ca/medi...html?nID=13411
                    Just saw it on Twitter, and was digging around a little. His numbers are enormous, but I don't know how that translates to college hockey. Obviously, you can find some gems in the AJHL (Parayko, Foo, Makar), and that's where we got Johnny McInnis a few years back. But McInnis might be instructive on looking at AJHL numbers skeptically. Johnny was 42-31-73 in 58 games his last year in the AJHL, but barely contributed for about a year and a half at MSU.

Don't know what the "unforeseen circumstances" are, but I hope everything works out for the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Belpedio was drafted by the Wild so he was already technically part of their organization at the trade deadline, while Brickley was a free agent.
                      Thanks! That makes sense - I guess!

Comment

"unforeseen circumstances"
                        Only thing beating the UAA/UA_ drama is the UFC right now.

Also, Purple Cow rivalry continues.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Just saw it on Twitter, and was digging around a little. His numbers are enormous, but I don't know how that translates to college hockey. Obviously, you can find some gems in the AJHL (Parayko, Foo, Makar), and that's where we got Johnny McInnis a few years back. But McInnis might be instructive on looking at AJHL numbers skeptically. Johnny was 42-31-73 in 58 games his last year in the AJHL, but barely contributed for about a year and a half at MSU.

Don't know what the "unforeseen circumstances" are, but I hope everything works out for the best for him.
                          Chris almost averaged a goal a game this season, we needed whatever he could provide.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

CJ Suess becomes the 7th Maverick to earn All American honors being named to the West 1st Team.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Well every league needs a villain. It seems as were starting to get people looking at us that way.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                Well every league needs a villain. It seems as were starting to get people looking at us that way.
                                Nice poaching Mankato. I hope he remains academically eligible for you.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X