Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 185

Thread: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,451
    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Interesting rumors about Bowling Green wanting out of the WCHA..
    Source? Personally, I'd love to see CCHA 2.0 and WCHA 3.0

  2. #122
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,916

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Source? Personally, I'd love to see CCHA 2.0 and WCHA 3.0
    One of the BG fans put it on their forum — apparently Bergeron mentioned it in their off-season caravan.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  3. #123
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    One of the BG fans put it on their forum ó apparently Bergeron mentioned it in their off-season caravan.

    GFM
    From Bale over on the WCHA thread:

    "Ummm....what? Anybody know/think there's any legitimacy to this? This seems to fly in the face of everything that we've heard out of BG for the alst 2 years.

    http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB...hp?f=4&t=35222"
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Posts
    718

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    From Bale over on the WCHA thread:

    "Ummm....what? Anybody know/think there's any legitimacy to this? This seems to fly in the face of everything that we've heard out of BG for the alst 2 years.

    http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB...hp?f=4&t=35222"

    Sorry all. I didn't mean to create another cluster. I saw it on another MB and was completely taken aback since it seemed to be such a change from what had been reported in the news before.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

  5. #125
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,990

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Sorry all. I didn't mean to create another cluster. I saw it on another MB and was completely taken aback since it seemed to be such a change from what had been reported in the news before.
    Nothing to be sorry about as I don't see it as being another cluster. It is a change from what has been reported before, so I think it is good to keep all of us "die-hards" informed.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  6. #126
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,916

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Sorry all. I didn't mean to create another cluster. I saw it on another MB and was completely taken aback since it seemed to be such a change from what had been reported in the news before.
    It's very much discussion worthy if true.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    It's very much discussion worthy if true.

    GFM
    Agreed, and a good offseason talker.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Now that David Quinn has joined the Rangers, USA Hockey is going to be inserting a new head coach for the World Juniors. I believe Mike Hastings, head coach at Minnesota State and due to be one of Quinn's WJC assistants, will get strong consideration. - Tweet from Chris Myers

    Should be interesting to see if Mike gets the nod ó would be a heck of an honor!

  9. #129
    Watch out for the bull!
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    North Mankato, MN
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Now that David Quinn has joined the Rangers, USA Hockey is going to be inserting a new head coach for the World Juniors. I believe Mike Hastings, head coach at Minnesota State and due to be one of Quinn's WJC assistants, will get strong consideration. - Tweet from Chris Myers

    Should be interesting to see if Mike gets the nod — would be a heck of an honor!
    Personally, I wish he'd stay here and coach the Mavs, but I guess it will help with recruiting.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,514

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Got an unexpected call from Jared Spooner yesterday. He and his mom were on there way to Fargo from Bismarck when they got a flat tire a mile from Jamestown. It was after noon hour so nothing open to get a spare as they didnít want to drive on the donut tire the rest of the way. He called me up to see if I could help and it just so happens my brother-in-law is manager for Northwest Tire. He opened up the store and got him 2 new tires. He was very appreciative and offered me tickets for any game at home next season. Road trip will be coming up.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Got an unexpected call from Jared Spooner yesterday. He and his mom were on there way to Fargo from Bismarck when they got a flat tire a mile from Jamestown. It was after noon hour so nothing open to get a spare as they didnít want to drive on the donut tire the rest of the way. He called me up to see if I could help and it just so happens my brother-in-law is manager for Northwest Tire. He opened up the store and got him 2 new tires. He was very appreciative and offered me tickets for any game at home next season. Road trip will be coming up.
    Well done! Hope you enjoy a Kato trip!

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Well done! Hope you enjoy a Kato trip!
    Thanks. I coached Spooner for a couple summers when he played with my daughter on AAA team when they were 11-12 years old. That team produced another D1 player in Mason Morelli who plays for Omaha. My daughter went on to play for the Concordia Cobbers as did 2 other players on that team

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291
    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Got an unexpected call from Jared Spooner yesterday. He and his mom were on there way to Fargo from Bismarck when they got a flat tire a mile from Jamestown. It was after noon hour so nothing open to get a spare as they didnít want to drive on the donut tire the rest of the way. He called me up to see if I could help and it just so happens my brother-in-law is manager for Northwest Tire. He opened up the store and got him 2 new tires. He was very appreciative and offered me tickets for any game at home next season. Road trip will be coming up.
    Tell him you need them for the road game at UND!

    Fun story.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Tell him you need them for the road game at UND!

    Fun story.
    I did mention that but heís got his family to get tickets for that series. Time for me to go to a UND game away from the Ralph anyways.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291
    Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Personally, I wish he'd stay here and coach the Mavs, but I guess it will help with recruiting.
    Definitely. Not to mention, there is very good hockey played at the WJC, and there are things to be learned working with other coaches, and seeing other teams play, too.

    For example, had Mike coached with David Quinn, the time those two spent together would have also been valuable in Mikeís development as a coach.

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291
    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Definitely. Not to mention, there is very good hockey played at the WJC, and there are things to be learned working with other coaches, and seeing other teams play, too.

    For example, had Mike coached with David Quinn, the time those two spent together would have also been valuable in Mikeís development as a coach.
    USA Hockey officially names Mike Hastings its Head Coach of the 2019 World Junior Championship Team!

    His assistants will be:

    Dave Lassonde, Assistant and Associate Head Coach at Dartmouth

    Steve Miller, Long time Assistant and Associate Head Coach at Denver, and now with Ohio State

    Scott Sandelin, Head Coach of the defending champion Minnesotan Duluth Bulldogs.

    Quite a staff in terms of hockey knowledge and success.

    Congrats to all and especially to Mike!

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,291

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    I posted this in the WCHA thread and thought it was a pretty cool, quick view of how the nonconference schedule has improved in Hastingsí tenure.

    2018-2019: Minnesota, North Dakota, Boston University, and ASU/UMD/Clarkson

    2017-2018: BU, SCSU, UMD, etc.

    2016-2017: SCSU, MN, Princeton

    2015-2016: SCSU (x3), MN(x3), UNO

    2014-2015: UNO, UMD, Princeton, MN

    2013-2014: Providence, UMD, SCSU, MN, UCONN

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Posts
    718

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Woah....Hastings just said on Beyond the Pod when talking about the goalies that they are going to go with McKay, Israelson, and Berger and they will have a "tryout" of sorts for the starting job. No Pillows. I guess I wasn't aware of either Israelson or Pillows.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Woah....Hastings just said on Beyond the Pod when talking about the goalies that they are going to go with McKay, Israelson, and Berger and they will have a "tryout" of sorts for the starting job. No Pillows. I guess I wasn't aware of either Israelson or Pillows.
    Northern's Isrealson?

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    Posts
    718

    Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

    Yes? He talked about a grad transfer, so I'd assume so.

    https://www.iheart.com/podcast/462-B...4-18-29457932/

    He talks about it around the 34:00 minute mark.
    Last edited by Bale; 06-14-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Calrification
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •