Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Interesting rumors about Bowling Green wanting out of the WCHA..
    Source? Personally, I'd love to see CCHA 2.0 and WCHA 3.0
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Source? Personally, I'd love to see CCHA 2.0 and WCHA 3.0
      One of the BG fans put it on their forum — apparently Bergeron mentioned it in their off-season caravan.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        One of the BG fans put it on their forum — apparently Bergeron mentioned it in their off-season caravan.

GFM
        From Bale over on the WCHA thread:

"Ummm....what? Anybody know/think there's any legitimacy to this? This seems to fly in the face of everything that we've heard out of BG for the alst 2 years.

http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB...hp?f=4&t=35222"
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          From Bale over on the WCHA thread:

"Ummm....what? Anybody know/think there's any legitimacy to this? This seems to fly in the face of everything that we've heard out of BG for the alst 2 years.

http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB...hp?f=4&t=35222"

Sorry all. I didn't mean to create another cluster. I saw it on another MB and was completely taken aback since it seemed to be such a change from what had been reported in the news before.
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
            Sorry all. I didn't mean to create another cluster. I saw it on another MB and was completely taken aback since it seemed to be such a change from what had been reported in the news before.
            Nothing to be sorry about as I don't see it as being another cluster. It is a change from what has been reported before, so I think it is good to keep all of us "die-hards" informed.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
              It's very much discussion worthy if true.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                It's very much discussion worthy if true.

GFM
                Agreed, and a good offseason talker.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Now that David Quinn has joined the Rangers, USA Hockey is going to be inserting a new head coach for the World Juniors. I believe Mike Hastings, head coach at Minnesota State and due to be one of Quinn's WJC assistants, will get strong consideration. - Tweet from Chris Myers

Should be interesting to see if Mike gets the nod — would be a heck of an honor!
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Now that David Quinn has joined the Rangers, USA Hockey is going to be inserting a new head coach for the World Juniors. I believe Mike Hastings, head coach at Minnesota State and due to be one of Quinn's WJC assistants, will get strong consideration. - Tweet from Chris Myers

Should be interesting to see if Mike gets the nod — would be a heck of an honor!
                    Personally, I wish he'd stay here and coach the Mavs, but I guess it will help with recruiting.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Got an unexpected call from Jared Spooner yesterday. He and his mom were on there way to Fargo from Bismarck when they got a flat tire a mile from Jamestown. It was after noon hour so nothing open to get a spare as they didn’t want to drive on the donut tire the rest of the way. He called me up to see if I could help and it just so happens my brother-in-law is manager for Northwest Tire. He opened up the store and got him 2 new tires. He was very appreciative and offered me tickets for any game at home next season. Road trip will be coming up.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Got an unexpected call from Jared Spooner yesterday. He and his mom were on there way to Fargo from Bismarck when they got a flat tire a mile from Jamestown. It was after noon hour so nothing open to get a spare as they didn’t want to drive on the donut tire the rest of the way. He called me up to see if I could help and it just so happens my brother-in-law is manager for Northwest Tire. He opened up the store and got him 2 new tires. He was very appreciative and offered me tickets for any game at home next season. Road trip will be coming up.
                        Well done! Hope you enjoy a Kato trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          Well done! Hope you enjoy a Kato trip!
                          Thanks. I coached Spooner for a couple summers when he played with my daughter on AAA team when they were 11-12 years old. That team produced another D1 player in Mason Morelli who plays for Omaha. My daughter went on to play for the Concordia Cobbers as did 2 other players on that team
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Tell him you need them for the road game at UND!

Fun story.
                            AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Tell him you need them for the road game at UND!

Fun story.
                              I did mention that but he’s got his family to get tickets for that series. Time for me to go to a UND game away from the Ralph anyways.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                                Personally, I wish he'd stay here and coach the Mavs, but I guess it will help with recruiting.
                                Definitely. Not to mention, there is very good hockey played at the WJC, and there are things to be learned working with other coaches, and seeing other teams play, too.

For example, had Mike coached with David Quinn, the time those two spent together would have also been valuable in Mike’s development as a coach.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X