Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Don’t get sense he has any relation with PC. Left during his senior season though nobody left who would care. He certainly would intrigue me, like what he’s done recruiting wise at NU. I would wonder if his 11 years is the experience Keaman seemed to seek in this assistant position (Russell to Miller to Borek). Also how his presence would mesh with Mayotte. Then no word what is up with him being only Anchorage finalist who hasn’t officially said no. If he goes too I think a Keefe makes real sense.
    Another option could be Berard joining the coaching staff from Holy Cross. His kid is committed to the Friars and seems like the coaches are friendly.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I know this has been brought up but I wonder if Leaman adds Dennehy as an assistant on the staff. That would be a nice landing spot for Dennehy. Berard I would be really surprised with because he is a head coach. Pearl made that move once but I do not think it happens now. Berard waited a long time to be a head coach
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
        I know this has been brought up but I wonder if Leaman adds Dennehy as an assistant on the staff. That would be a nice landing spot for Dennehy. Berard I would be really surprised with because he is a head coach. Pearl made that move once but I do not think it happens now. Berard waited a long time to be a head coach
        I think Rolston’s status has to be settled first. The consensus when season began was Olympics allowed him time to volunteer, but next year he wanted to find a larger pond now?

However when Brett committed I wondered if long term Dad was eyeing a PC return. Certainly there is a lot of water still to go under the dam before Brett arrives. Similarly I wondered if a Borek would stay. Time at PC he had to deal with major life changes, losing son, getting remarried and moving back up north. I had wondered about him trying to find a head coaching job in D3 or a prep school job. The Merrimack job was manna from heaven. Anyway Berard likely to have inkling of goings on from Brett’s recruitment and fact he and Borek had a close working relationship, he was Borek’s assistant at Colby and Lake St

Dennehy might be better fit for the volunteer slot. First Merrimack is paying him and it leaves him less committed to take the right job

In both Berard and Dennehy’s case it might be positioning to get to head of line to replace Leaman if his pro opportunity comes. Might also be temptation for Rolston to take the job
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I think Rolston’s status has to be settled first. The consensus when season began was Olympics allowed him time to volunteer, but next year he wanted to find a larger pond now?

However when Brett committed I wondered if long term Dad was eyeing a PC return. Certainly there is a lot of water still to go under the dam before Brett arrives. Similarly I wondered if a Borek would stay. Time at PC he had to deal with major life changes, losing son, getting remarried and moving back up north. I had wondered about him trying to find a head coaching job in D3 or a prep school job. The Merrimack job was manna from heaven. Anyway Berard likely to have inkling of goings on from Brett’s recruitment and fact he and Borek had a close working relationship, he was Borek’s assistant at Colby and Lake St

Dennehy might be better fit for the volunteer slot. First Merrimack is paying him and it leaves him less committed to take the right job

In both Berard and Dennehy’s case it might be positioning to get to head of line to replace Leaman if his pro opportunity comes. Might also be temptation for Rolston to take the job
          I came away more impressed with Borek after watching the videos from yesterday. Did not know Berard was coaching with Borek before. Interesting. I had always thought if Leaman leaves, Bennett is hunted down by Providence to return home and take control of your team.
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Maybe he can only function as an assistant not the boss
            For the pre-Leaman years, 3 HE championship game appearances with one title and 2 NCAA appearances is not bad, but things went downhill dramatically from 2003 on.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

From what I know, Berard lives closer to PC than he does to Holy Cross (IIRC, he lives in the same town as Leaman) so it would be less of a commute.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                From what I know, Berard lives closer to PC than he does to Holy Cross (IIRC, he lives in the same town as Leaman) so it would be less of a commute.
                Yes
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

PC commit Brett Berard signs on with USA Hockey NTDP

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1377242
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Nothing going on with PC hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      Nothing going on with PC hockey?
                      Well Divver reported yesterday Conway going to Minn Wild Development camp. In and of self not of much note many players go but as A 5th year senior you wonder what an I,pressive showing would mean

Also no word on Borek’s replacement. Zlax’s alumni buddies are concerned over a similar situation at the old alma mater. However both Borek and Miller were hired officially last week of June to replace their predecessor who we knew was gone shortly after season. Borek was the groundwork guy so Still a lot of leads for. Ayotte and Leaman to work with though Merrimack now has that body of knowledge to work with too. I believe if they get an assistant at another school their contracts run through July 1, though clearly there are exceptions. Minnesota just hired SCSU’sbassistantbto join Motzko (son of former Friar Bruce Raboin). Again it was mentioned in UNH assistant coach talk about assistants of teams still alive still having responsibilities. In a tweet some time back Cox mentioned a Vegas scout Mike Levine for any of HEA openings, he did a turn at Brown so he knows RI and he lives on the Cape
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Well Divver reported yesterday Conway going to Minn Wild Development camp. In and of self not of much note many players go but as A 5th year senior you wonder what an I,pressive showing would mean

Also no word on Borek’s replacement. Zlax’s alumni buddies are concerned over a similar situation at the old alma mater. However both Borek and Miller were hired officially last week of June to replace their predecessor who we knew was gone shortly after season. Borek was the groundwork guy so Still a lot of leads for. Ayotte and Leaman to work with though Merrimack now has that body of knowledge to work with too. I believe if they get an assistant at another school their contracts run through July 1, though clearly there are exceptions. Minnesota just hired SCSU’sbassistantbto join Motzko (son of former Friar Bruce Raboin). Again it was mentioned in UNH assistant coach talk about assistants of teams still alive still having responsibilities. In a tweet some time back Cox mentioned a Vegas scout Mike Levine for any of HEA openings, he did a turn at Brown so he knows RI and he lives on the Cape
                        Cav thank you very much!!! On top of things as always! I renewed my season tickets a couple of days ago so I won't have to think about it later this month. It appears the demand for tickets is on the uptick. Now we just need folks to buy them to use them. I'm guilty of that myself if a boat gets cancelled in the winter and I can't find someone to take them last minute. The downside of living on an Island.
                        Can't wait for the start of the season. Going out to the Denver series but I see they are losing their coach. I hate when that happens to college programs.

Comment

I have recognized that Cox does alot of "work" for assistants looking to get their name out there and people for jobs. Likely coming from the people themselves that want their names mentioned.

Comment

UML's schedule is out. Any guesses as to when PC might have their schedule sorted? Can you tell I'm dying for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              I have recognized that Cox does alot of "work" for assistants looking to get their name out there and people for jobs. Likely coming from the people themselves that want their names mentioned.
                              You think? lol you can see right through it
                              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Rolston is being named a full-time assistant according to Divver.

Comment

Working...
                                X