• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Lets get Pooley a ring

Comment

Pooley does have two rings from LSSU, right? 1992 and 1994.

he wouldn't mind a third.

It would be funny if he set up a profile here and ripped into everyone who kept posting "Fire Pooley!" in 2003 and 2004. Mainly, me.
      Last edited by Jon; 04-06-2018, 04:48 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        One of the rumors is Dennehy ends up at PC as an assistant coach.
        Well now we get to see if that happens as Borek is taking the Merrimack job. Yes things that make you go hmmmm??? What are they thinking?

Also CHN reported Mayotte one of 3 finalist for Anchorage. Again why would you take the worst job in college hockey?
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Apparently Merrimack is going to hire your AC Scott Borek to take over as the HC of the Warriors. Can you guys give us a rundown on this guy and how he's contributed to your success over the past few seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Apparently Merrimack is going to hire your AC Scott Borek to take over as the HC of the Warriors. Can you guys give us a rundown on this guy and how he's contributed to your success over the past few seasons?
            You should have taken Mayotte
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Seriously

I think he is meant to be someone right hand man. He coordinated the recruiting. Would give him credit for helping rebuild what is a successful soph class that changing top assistant 3 times in three years was a plus—helped land Bjorkqvist a Finn, Conway a transfer, Duhaime a decommit plus Wilkins.

I think he knows game but really doesn’t sound inspiring

He’s been around a long time. Was actually a McShane protege via Dartmouth and who hired originally at PC in late 80’s with Umile thus that connection. Had a rough time at Lake State but east guys going west is not a good recipe
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...ily-hockey-nhl
                Wondering why PC gets so few legacy players. Velichek, ??? Do love that Cooperall-era sweater on dad.

Comment

Also was the recruiting coordinator at UNH before Providence while overseeing that slow decline in Durham.

I think this is a big positive for PC as they can move Rolston up (if he wants to) and bring on Dennehy as the volunteer.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Also was the recruiting coordinator at UNH before Providence while overseeing that slow decline in Durham.

I think this is a big positive for PC as they can move Rolston up (if he wants to) and bring on Dennehy as the volunteer.
                    Yes, Dennehy will become a volunteer, given he's paid .... smart thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Yes, Dennehy will become a volunteer, given he's paid .... smart thinking.
                      Looks like he had a few more years remaining so that is good as he could replace Mayotte when he eventually gets hired for a head job. I don't see Mayotte making the move to Alaska but what do I know.

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/l...486d0ac35.html

Comment

he recruited UNH's slow decline and then had violations while doing it. great job
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                          he recruited UNH's slow decline and then had violations while doing it. great job
                          It was one of my major criticisms of Leaman letting quality kids or at least highly drafted kids get away like Jake Ryzcek who has 27 points in 33 games in the Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            Pooley does have two rings from LSSU, right? 1992 and 1994.

he wouldn't mind a third.

It would be funny if he set up a profile here and ripped into everyone who kept posting "Fire Pooley!" in 2003 and 2004. Mainly, me.
                            Maybe he can only function as an assistant not the boss

Comment

Sorry if it's been mentioned but would Jerry Keefe be a possible replacement for Borek? Sure a lateral move but chance to return to PC...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Sorry if it's been mentioned but would Jerry Keefe be a possible replacement for Borek? Sure a lateral move but chance to return to PC...
                                Don’t get sense he has any relation with PC. Left during his senior season though nobody left who would care. He certainly would intrigue me, like what he’s done recruiting wise at NU. I would wonder if his 11 years is the experience Keaman seemed to seek in this assistant position (Russell to Miller to Borek). Also how his presence would mesh with Mayotte. Then no word what is up with him being only Anchorage finalist who hasn’t officially said no. If he goes too I think a Keefe makes real sense.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X