Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

The home opener pregame thing at the pavilion. Any of you season ticket holders been in the past, and if so what do they serve for food?

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
      The home opener pregame thing at the pavilion. Any of you season ticket holders been in the past, and if so what do they serve for food?
      It was a bit better than concession type food from what I saw but I didn't go in. It was cold on that particular game so I went to the Leary Room instead. Outside is a much better option for food choices than the Leary Room of course and they do have space heaters which wont be a problem for a few weeks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
        It is usually like Gluten Free Mac and Cheese, some sort of Pasta with sauce, maybe a piece of chicken, and a couple of deserts all in a buffet. You have to pay for all drinks though.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          Thinking that any Division 1 school is a walkover is a sure sign for disaster. AIC has elevated their program with a new coaching staff and moving all their home games to the approximately 7000 seat Mass Mutual Center a short distance away in Springfield. Just released was the AHC coaches preseason poll and AIC was in the top half at 5. Better be ready for if your players have the same attitude as you they may be in for a surprise much like eventual NCAA tournament team Penn State was surprised by them last October.
          I saw AIC three times last year and they are much better than the last time they came to Providence.

Comment

Looks like Swedish defenseman Carl Ehrnberg didn't make it to the team as he is NOT listed on the roster. Another defenseman that Leaman has recruited that didn't last at PC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Looks like Swedish defenseman Carl Ehrnberg didn't make it to the team as he is NOT listed on the roster. Another defenseman that Leaman has recruited that didn't last at PC.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Thank you for sharing. Makes perfect sense. It's one thing to go to school across the country and feel homesick but to leave home to attend school in another country must have been a lot. I wish the kid well.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Thank you for sharing. Makes perfect sense. It's one thing to go to school across the country and feel homesick but to leave home to attend school in another country must have been a lot. I wish the kid well.
                  Played 51 games in the USHL last year so not like this was his first time away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Played 51 games in the USHL last year so not like this was his first time away from home.
                    No it wasn't but he was away from home for more than enough time to figure out that being over here wasn't doing it for him. I'm sure he had enough time to miss family and friends and weigh the benefits of playing overseas as opposed to playing closer to home. Home won. Good for him.

Comment

NBC Sports Boston to Air 11 Men’s Hockey Games in 2018-19

Comment

Sorry I meant to say cake walk. There is no way they lose to AIC on opening night at home. You can take that to the bank. Hopefully the players realize that there is no way they should lose this game and they should be disgusted with themselves if the #5 team in the country loses out of the gate to a middle of the pack AHC team.
                        UML. Sacred Heart.

That's the game that leaped to mind.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          UML. Sacred Heart.

That's the game that leaped to mind.
                          How about RIT beating the friars at Schneider last December.

Comment

Could the Friars lose on Sat? Sure. Would it go down as one of the worse losses in the program's history? ABSOLUTELY! The Friars are ranked in the top 5 in the country to begin the season, projected to finish in the top three of HE and AIC isn't ranked in the top 5 of their conference. Also consider that it is opening night at home and I would be shocked if the Friars don't beat AIC on Saturday night. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                              How about RIT beating the friars at Schneider last December.
                              PC beat RIT the night before 8-3 and lost the next night 4-0. Only one of three home losses last season.

Comment

Could the Friars lose on Sat? Sure. Would it go down as one of the worse losses in the program's history? ABSOLUTELY! The Friars are ranked in the top 5 in the country to begin the season, projected to finish in the top three of HE and AIC isn't ranked in the top 5 of their conference. Also consider that it is opening night at home and I would be shocked if the Friars don't beat AIC on Saturday night. Just saying...
                                Didn't the 2013-2014 team lost to Atlantic Hockey League member UConn at home...another bad loss! There are plenty of bad losses under Nate and AIC is much improved since the last time they came to Providence. Do I expect AIC to win? No, but they are a better squad now.

Comment

Working...
                                X