Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Any comments about Chase Zieky? It was just announced that he transferred to RPI.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-27-2018, 02:39 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Any comments about Chase Zieky? It was just announced that he transferred to RPI>
      Was a recruited walk on and 20 year old freshman when he arrived at PC

You find the right line he might be made better with better forwards. Can kill penalties.
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
        Was a recruited walk on and 20 year old freshman when he arrived at PC

You find the right line he might be made better with better forwards. Can kill penalties.
        Thanks. I hope that we also got him for free.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Thanks. I hope that we also got him for free.
          Well, not ENTIRELY free... turnabout is fair play for that one dude PC got from us.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            If he was a “little” disappointing hate to have heard you whine if he turned into Paul DeJersey

Then how exactly are you measuring mentally strong?

Actually every situation is different so it’s in many ways apples and oranges

Janko was really a pre true freshman being a Sept birthdate so most true freshman with that birthdate arrive a year later. His senior year there were still freshmen older than him

Janko also was part of the rebirth. He had to jump right in. O’B is going to be eased in

Further Janko was still growing, not just physically maturing. In the 18 months pre PC he grew like 5 inches and added about an inch and a half at PC, even at graduation he was not weight appropriate and still filling out

O’Brien has filled out a bit over last 2 years but there was no late growth spurt. He does not need to learn to adjust to a growing body

O’Brien is also arriving as a true freshman but he’s a late 99 so he got to enjoy that time to be the more physically mature player before PC. He’s coming about 10 months older

Further in his case he’s going to start the year as the 3rd line center. The 4top 6 guys returning are far better than those Janko had to work with. Conway and Hakkarainen are the top line centers. Hak gets Bjorkqvist line and Conway gets Dugan. For different reasons those 2 freshmen arrive at PC as 20 year olds with USHL background. A lot less pressure on O’B to start year.

Also remember while there isn’t as much talk about it, it was said that O’Brien at 19 is a stretch. Divver himself thought late first, many thought early second. Janko’sbstretch was greater but again the age thing his birthdate made him eligible by days a year early. There was more projection involved.

No matter in both cases both came directly from high school so there will be some adjustment. Again why Hak and Dugan get thrown in as Fokey/Pinho’s initial replacement.

So yeah we’ll await your whining when O’Brien doesn’t score 25 goals this year
            This kid on the draft interview said he is looking forward to going to Providence to win ANOTHER national championship. That is what I meant about being mentally ready...I don't see Janko ever being that confident.

Anyways, the point is O'Brien shouldn't graduate from PC if he is as successful as the Flyers want him to be.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Well, not ENTIRELY free... turnabout is fair play for that one dude PC got from us.
              Didn't he leave PC too?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mark Divver wrote in today's Providence Journal that new PC women's coach Matt Kelly "took home an Olympic gold medal in February in South Korea as head scout for the US women's team."

While I understand Divver's passion for PC hockey and enthusiasm for the hiring of such a knowledgeable hockey person, I was a bit surprised to read that Kelly had taken home a medal. I thought only athletes received medals in the Olympics, not coaches or scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                  Mark Divver wrote in today's Providence Journal that new PC women's coach Matt Kelly "took home an Olympic gold medal in February in South Korea as head scout for the US women's team."

While I understand Divver's passion for PC hockey and enthusiasm for the hiring of such a knowledgeable hockey person, I was a bit surprised to read that Kelly had taken home a medal. I thought only athletes received medals in the Olympics, not coaches or scouts.
                  Just like the Stanley Cup the coaches are there too

Comment

Regarding schedule: The only thing missing on the composite is the three vs. Boston College. Anyone have any info on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Regarding schedule: The only thing missing on the composite is the three vs. Boston College. Anyone have any info on this?
                      They will all be losses
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        They will all be losses
                        gdmit mookie.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Got the schedule in an email today. BC is the last home game of the season.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Got the schedule in an email today. BC is the last home game of the season.
                            Lots of Atlantic Hockey this year with at least three games including two on the road with Holy Cross and Sacred Heart. Mercyhurst would make it the fourth game.
                            Last edited by The Zlax45; 07-25-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Big season on tap for the Friars. Top 3 finish and another NCAA berth!!! Prove me wrong!

Comment

Should be interesting as Jay O'Brien looked good today for USA against Sweden playing with some edge during limited minutes. Hastings had him playing 3 on 3 in overtime with Jack Hughes. I think we see an upgrade this upcoming year with the guys coming back (THEY HAVE TO SCORE) plus the newcomers putting the puck in the net more.

Comment

Working...
                                X