X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Wilkins isn’t. But point taken.
    Whoops but the kid has scored 31 points in each of his first two seasons with 13 and 15 goals in each season.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Well their early season pension to take penalties caught up to them last night with ND scoring 2 on the PP. 3 games into season they have been called for 18 penalties, 13 in this tourney. That is not sustainable no matter how good the penalty kill is. Especially when they are unable to score on the PP themselves.

Sounded like Morris, goalie for ND, had a big game to keep Friars off the scoreboard with key saves. Shots on goal favored the Friars in this one although not many 22 - 20, fairly defensive battle in this one.

Friars are now 0-5-1 against ND in last 6 games.

First HE home game this Friday against UCONN.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Well their early season pension to take penalties caught up to them last night with ND scoring 2 on the PP. 3 games into season they have been called for 18 penalties, 13 in this tourney. That is not sustainable no matter how good the penalty kill is. Especially when they are unable to score on the PP themselves.

Sounded like Morris, goalie for ND, had a big game to keep Friars off the scoreboard with key saves. Shots on goal favored the Friars in this one although not many 22 - 20, fairly defensive battle in this one.

Friars are now 0-5-1 against ND in last 6 games.

First HE home game this Friday against UCONN.
        Notre Dame is a bad match-up for most teams - but especially us - and I'm kind of happy they're gone.

That being said, it's October. Plenty of time to fix the power play and learn how to stay out of the box.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Bring on the Huskies. I expect a half way decent turn out for the hockey game but hoop has an exhibition on Friday as well. My hope is that the students turn up for a game on campus rather than a garbage game at the Dunk that means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            Bring on the Huskies. I expect a half way decent turn out for the hockey game but hoop has an exhibition on Friday as well. My hope is that the students turn up for a game on campus rather than a garbage game at the Dunk that means nothing.
            Our inability to not schedule basketball and hockey games at the same time remains one of the more maddening aspects of our athletic departments. I swear it's been going on since I was a freshman at PC at 1995. At least.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Our inability to not schedule basketball and hockey games at the same time remains one of the more maddening aspects of our athletic departments. I swear it's been going on since I was a freshman at PC at 1995. At least.
              Actually last year was not that bad for both teams playing at same time. They do work to try not to have that happen but a lot depends on Dunk availability and both leagues. Other than OOC games I doubt the school dictates much especially when it comes to bball. Last year was more same day but times that allowed a double season ticket holder, like myself, to make it a doubleheader. Have not checked both schedules for this year to see if there are conflicts other than this Friday which bball exhibition takes a back seat to a regular season HE game.

Comment

A new recruit:

Comment

Actually last year was not that bad for both teams playing at same time. They do work to try not to have that happen but a lot depends on Dunk availability and both leagues. Other than OOC games I doubt the school dictates much especially when it comes to bball. Last year was more same day but times that allowed a double season ticket holder, like myself, to make it a doubleheader. Have not checked both schedules for this year to see if there are conflicts other than this Friday which bball exhibition takes a back seat to a regular season HE game.
                  They have both teams playing at home 4 times. (5 if you include the Mayor's Cup at Brown)
                  Oct. 19th
                  Jan. 5th
                  Feb. 16th
                  Feb.23rd
                  *Jan. 15th Seton Hall and PC Hockey at Brown

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    They have both teams playing at home 4 times. (5 if you include the Mayor's Cup at Brown)
                    Oct. 19th (Exhibition game for BBall both games at 7pm)
                    Jan. 5th BBall at 2pm Hockey at 7pm (Double Header)
                    Feb. 16th BBall at 2pm Hockey at 7pm (Double Header)
                    Feb.23rd BBall at Noon Hockey at 5pm (Double Header)
                    *Jan. 15th Seton Hall and PC Hockey at Brown BBall at 6:30 Hockey at 7pm
                    Updated with the times for both. So of the 4 home game situations, one is a don't care basketball game, can't really say what students will do this Friday. Hopefully they go to the Hockey game (and stay for all 3 periods )

The other 3 do not conflict time wise, opportunity for double headers for some of us. What students will do is anyone's guess.

Comment

Updated with the times for both. So of the 4 home game situations, one is a don't care basketball game, can't really say what students will do this Friday. Hopefully they go to the Hockey game (and stay for all 3 periods )

The other 3 do not conflict time wise, opportunity for double headers for some of us. What students will do is anyone's guess.
                      You're dead right, anyone's guess. I'm looking to go the games later in the season as a double header. I think it's a fun way to spend the day if the times work out like they seem to this season. Probably get a room on the mainland for those weekends.

Comment

So maybe we're headed in the right direction? Cool.

(and stay for all 3 periods )
                        That will never stop being annoying.
                        My dad used to try to leave every PC hockey game at least a minute early. Even when there was a trophy in the offing (okay, most of the time it was the Mayor's Cup, but still)

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

First Hockey East league game tonight, hopefully get off with a good start to the season with a win over the upstart Huskies. As always, have to win the home games!

They are having a pre-game party for students in the Pavilion tonight so maybe that will bring them to the hockey game instead of downtown to a meaningless bball exhibition. Of course fans of one team may not be fans of the other..

This double season ticket holder and his seat mate will be at the hockey game

Comment

Friars with 7-2 win tonight.

Jay O'Brien took a hit in this one that made him miss most or all of third period.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              Friars with 7-2 win tonight.

Jay O'Brien took a hit in this one that made him miss most or all of third period.
                              O'Brien did not play tonite. Lemmos played and had a goal.
                              Mollot-Hill played well in goal. Sacred Heart played very well deserved the tie. Friars not clicking tonite, penalties a problem with friars up 2 goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                                O'Brien did not play tonite. Lemmos played and had a goal.
                                Mollot-Hill played well in goal. Sacred Heart played very well deserved the tie. Friars not clicking tonite, penalties a problem with friars up 2 goals.
                                Conway took 4 penalties, 3 ending pp’s
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X