Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    You're dead right, anyone's guess. I'm looking to go the games later in the season as a double header. I think it's a fun way to spend the day if the times work out like they seem to this season. Probably get a room on the mainland for those weekends.
    We have room.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Conway took 4 penalties, 3 ending pp’s
      Seems to me tha Leaman should remove Conway from the power play until he plays with disciplin

Comment

• Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
        seems to me tha leaman should remove conway from the power play until he graduates
        fyp.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
          Seems to me tha Leaman should remove Conway from the power play until he plays with disciplin
          The problem with Conway is he is a fifth year senior now and hasn't learn a thing yet. The idiotic penalties that he takes and Duhaime are getting a little old at this point. Vimal isn't much better with his stupid penalty on Friday night against UConn.

The Lemos situation and him not playing for a long time is very discouraging as he played 31 games as a freshman and 35 as a sophomore. He played in a grand total of seven last season and one this year now. Is there a huge difference between what Kavanaugh or Tait are giving them over Bryan? I don't think so and Leaman seems to be in love with Kavanaugh who is a nothing player.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
            O'Brien did not play tonite. Lemmos played and had a goal.
            Mollot-Hill played well in goal. Sacred Heart played very well deserved the tie. Friars not clicking tonite, penalties a problem with friars up 2 goals.
            You'd think we would have learned after the Holy Cross debacle a few years back, but nope. Don't take the road games against Atlantic Hockey teams lightly. Good to see Hawkey's back up playing well
            Again, there's plenty of time to stop taking 9,000 penalties...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              You'd think we would have learned after the Holy Cross debacle a few years back, but nope. Don't take the road games against Atlantic Hockey teams lightly. Good to see Hawkey's back up playing well
              Again, there's plenty of time to stop taking 9,000 penalties...
              Yet we scheduled Holy Cross this year and they are playing on campus. This is NOT a good move as that place can be tough to play in compared to Bridgeport/Sacred Heart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Yet we scheduled Holy Cross this year and they are playing on campus. This is NOT a good move as that place can be tough to play in compared to Bridgeport/Sacred Heart.
                If we are afraid to play HC in their bldg then we don't deserve to be ranked at 5....if you claim to be good then go out and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  if we are afraid to play hc in their bldg then we don't deserve to be ranked at 5....if you claim to be good then go out and prove it
                  truth!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    If we are afraid to play HC in their bldg then we don't deserve to be ranked at 5....if you claim to be good then go out and prove it
                    I agree, play anybody anywhere. Holy cross can be a tough place to play for visitors? the rink is small and unorthodox capacity 1,200 only. Why worry? Need to beat BU at Their home opener at Aggainis. Not exactly a cakewalk

Comment

Comment

Hopefully Providence takes advantage of playing a winless team this weekend on the night of the World Series. Got to think the crowd will be more interested in the World Series games instead of the hockey. PC has struggled under Leaman with BU going 0-1-3 at Agganis Arena and 1-3-4 since winning the National Title against them. If you want to be an elite program, this is a game Providence has to have!

Comment

I can't believe I am saying this but have to agree with you on needing a win tonight. Especially with all the road games this first half they need to show they can win on the road as an elite team is supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            I can't believe I am saying this but have to agree with you on needing a win tonight. Especially with all the road games this first half they need to show they can win on the road as an elite team is supposed to do.
                            As long as we're not suffering under the delusion that this makes up for losing the HE title game last year. We need to figure out a way to score on Oettinger. He seems to have our number.

And stay out of the bloody penalty box.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The box is our downfall.....we must stay out for the team to win

Comment

Any online stream? Went to the BU site, but the Watchstadium.com just has a blank screen...game about to start

Comment

Working...
                                X