Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Ron Rolston on board as associate head coach just as some of you said a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      Ron Rolston on board as associate head coach just as some of you said a few weeks ago.
      Yes and a fine move. Still he contributed in his role last year in 2 key areas Leaman seems to use this coach, advisor and as a teacher. So Leaman’s next move is key. Who gets brought in as the volunteer coach? Needs to be able to fill in whatever difference you perceive still exists between Borek/Mayotte/Rolston and Rolston/Mayotte/??? I would hope Rolston’s USA hockey background is entry to that level.
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Nick Ellis retires.

https://news.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news...-hockey?ref=jo

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
          I'm surprised but happy for him if it's his decision and he's happy with it.

Comment

Does anyone have an idea when PC will be releasing the full hockey schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              I'm surprised but happy for him if it's his decision and he's happy with it.
              Probably one of the most underrated players in the Leaman era.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                At least Nick got a taste of the pro life and a bit of the big bucks, hopefully that will set him up as a great teacher of life and the sport.....good luck to him and his family he treated us here at PC well

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

I wonder if Conway appearing to stay as a 5th year when not expected affected this

Conger doesn’t stay committed long. Committed to RPI then SLU before settling PC
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

The limited time he was on the ice I didn't really see anything there. Any of the bottom-tier forwards coming in this year should be able to fill that same role. Seems like it was tough for him to contribute after the return from injury too.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

So PC lost Foley, Pinho and Hennessey (part-time player) from their top 12 forwards.

Next year they have O'Brien and Dugan looking to step right into the lineup as freshmen. McDermott from BU and Mikael Hakkarainen are two other options that are going to be in the top 12. I don't see how Conger was going to get playing time over the guys currently on the roster as guys like Vimal, Tait, and Kavanagh need to be in the lineup every game as the fourth liners. I also could see O'Neill being an odd man out as he didn't give PC much with 40 games played and only 8 assists with ZERO goals.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            So PC lost Foley, Pinho and Hennessey (part-time player) from their top 12 forwards.

Next year they have O'Brien and Dugan looking to step right into the lineup as freshmen. McDermott from BU and Mikael Hakkarainen are two other options that are going to be in the top 12. I don't see how Conger was going to get playing time over the guys currently on the roster as guys like Vimal, Tait, and Kavanagh need to be in the lineup every game as the fourth liners. I also could see O'Neill being an odd man out as he didn't give PC much with 40 games played and only 8 assists with ZERO goals.
                            Tyce Thompson also coming in.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              Tyce Thompson also coming in.
                              Another one to push him down....I think that third line last year was pretty much useless so hopefully they can get a good group in there with the top 4 guys being pretty locked up. (Wilkins, Conway, Bjorkqvist, and Duhaime) I would like to see Vimal get a little more time on the power play playing in front of the net as I think he is the best on the team at deflecting shots and shows good grit.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

So we are at the time of year when I get to piece together PC'S upcoming schedule from the schedule of other teams. I have to say that it frustrates me that Only a few teams in HE have their schedules done and it seems the Friars are always last to post theirs. BTW I know what a little ***** I sound like in this post.

Comment

Working...
                                X