Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post
    Hawkey was spectacular indeed in both tournaments and just got better and better all year. He arguably should have been the MVP for both even though they didn't win either championship The fact he was left off both all tournament teams seemed unfair to me - does the winning goalie always get that nod? Would be great to see him return, I hope he does. If not the coaching staff has a proven record of developing whoever the goalie is. BTW, shots on goal for PC's opponents over the past five years have steadily decreased. In Gillies first year the average per game he started was almost 31 while this year the average Hawkey faced was just above 24. (Using stats available on USCHO team stats page - SOG= Saves + Goals). Not sure where to get the "left out to dry" stats - that may be a secret
    I have no clue how Morris was picked over Hawkey in the Regional....Morris was absolute trash against Michigan Tech and wasn't too strong against PC either.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      There's a happy fun conspiracy theory on Twitter today about Motzko signing with the Rodents setting off a huge chain reaction of coaching departures in the college hockey world.
      Should be a fun two weeks.

One of the rumors is Dennehy ends up at PC as an assistant coach.

Comment

As predicted, Foley just signed with the Blues.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I'm happy for Foley but it sucks to see him go.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I'm happy for Foley but it sucks to see him go.
            Agreed. He's at least in the top five forwards we've had in the Nate era.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Comment

Hearing Hayden and Vinny coming back for their senior season...

Comment

Divver's tweet

Nate Leaman today on @FriarsHockey flight risks Hayden Hawkey (Montreal) & Vinny Desharnais (Edmonton): 'I met with both of them this week and both of them told me that it’s all about next year'

Comment

I think at worst the third best they have had under Leaman and an argument can be made the best forward.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

The Friars will be aying Miami three times next season then because they are scheduled to play Miami in the Ice Breaker Tournament then host them for two games.
                      Thank you for posting the preview of next seasons schedule. I was dying to find out who they might be playing. Love the trip out to Denver! I live that they'll be playing the Pioneers.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        The Friars will be aying Miami three times next season then because they are scheduled to play Miami in the Ice Breaker Tournament then host them for two games.
                        Thank you for posting the preview of next seasons schedule. I was dying to find out who they might be playing. Love the trip out to Denver! I live that they'll be playing the Pioneers.
                        So 24 Hockey East games just reversing the 4 extra games so BU and Mass comes twice. Above is 8 games, we have the Mayor’s Cup so just 1 open game. I thought someone said going to Sacred Heart?
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          So 24 Hockey East games just reversing the 4 extra games so BU and Mass comes twice. Above is 8 games, we have the Mayor’s Cup so just 1 open game. I thought someone said going to Sacred Heart?
                          That game against Sacred Heart (if they are playing them) will be in Bridgeport where the regional was.

Comment

You beat us and no alternators at all. In the hole big time.

Comment

We are here now

Comment

Part of me wants to see tUMD win because the Big 10 thing has been so obnoxious this year even with the Gophers not making the tournament.
                                The other part of me thinks that it's pointless rooting against the Irish. That's 2 goals in the last minute of the game and 2 OT winners by the same team. That's pretty hard to do.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X