Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Quote Originally Posted by PC91 View Post
    Ron Rolston on board as associate head coach just as some of you said a few weeks ago.
    Yes and a fine move. Still he contributed in his role last year in 2 key areas Leaman seems to use this coach, advisor and as a teacher. So Leaman’s next move is key. Who gets brought in as the volunteer coach? Needs to be able to fill in whatever difference you perceive still exists between Borek/Mayotte/Rolston and Rolston/Mayotte/??? I would hope Rolston’s USA hockey background is entry to that level.

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Quote Originally Posted by steven22 View Post
    I'm surprised but happy for him if it's his decision and he's happy with it.

Does anyone have an idea when PC will be releasing the full hockey schedule?

I'm surprised but happy for him if it's his decision and he's happy with it.
    Probably one of the most underrated players in the Leaman era.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Quote Originally Posted by steven22 View Post
    At least Nick got a taste of the pro life and a bit of the big bucks, hopefully that will set him up as a great teacher of life and the sport.....good luck to him and his family he treated us here at PC well

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post

I wonder if Conway appearing to stay as a 5th year when not expected affected this

Conger doesn’t stay committed long. Committed to RPI then SLU before settling PC

Unofficial Official

The limited time he was on the ice I didn't really see anything there. Any of the bottom-tier forwards coming in this year should be able to fill that same role. Seems like it was tough for him to contribute after the return from injury too.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post

So PC lost Foley, Pinho and Hennessey (part-time player) from their top 12 forwards.

Next year they have O'Brien and Dugan looking to step right into the lineup as freshmen. McDermott from BU and Mikael Hakkarainen are two other options that are going to be in the top 12. I don't see how Conger was going to get playing time over the guys currently on the roster as guys like Vimal, Tait, and Kavanagh need to be in the lineup every game as the fourth liners. I also could see O'Neill being an odd man out as he didn't give PC much with 40 games played and only 8 assists with ZERO goals.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    So PC lost Foley, Pinho and Hennessey (part-time player) from their top 12 forwards.

Next year they have O'Brien and Dugan looking to step right into the lineup as freshmen. McDermott from BU and Mikael Hakkarainen are two other options that are going to be in the top 12. I don't see how Conger was going to get playing time over the guys currently on the roster as guys like Vimal, Tait, and Kavanagh need to be in the lineup every game as the fourth liners. I also could see O'Neill being an odd man out as he didn't give PC much with 40 games played and only 8 assists with ZERO goals.
    Tyce Thompson also coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    Tyce Thompson also coming in.
    Another one to push him down....I think that third line last year was pretty much useless so hopefully they can get a good group in there with the top 4 guys being pretty locked up. (Wilkins, Conway, Bjorkqvist, and Duhaime) I would like to see Vimal get a little more time on the power play playing in front of the net as I think he is the best on the team at deflecting shots and shows good grit.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

So we are at the time of year when I get to piece together PC'S upcoming schedule from the schedule of other teams. I have to say that it frustrates me that Only a few teams in HE have their schedules done and it seems the Friars are always last to post theirs. BTW I know what a little ***** I sound like in this post.

Made in the USA

So we are at the time of year when I get to piece together PC'S upcoming schedule from the schedule of other teams. I have to say that it frustrates me that Only a few teams in HE have their schedules done and it seems the Friars are always last to post theirs. BTW I know what a little ***** I sound like in this post.
    Unfortunately most of last year was a reciprocal from the year before, so we can't use that for an easy prediction. We did hear about a possible Denver series, and I'm assuming the Mayor's Cup will happen unless it is made part of the Ledyard Classic this time around (I don't recall you doing that in the past, but there really hasn't been the opportunity). Atlantic has been tight-lipped, so there's not much that really can be done in terms of predictions.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Unfortunately most of last year was a reciprocal from the year before, so we can't use that for an easy prediction. We did hear about a possible Denver series, and I'm assuming the Mayor's Cup will happen unless it is made part of the Ledyard Classic this time around (I don't recall you doing that in the past, but there really hasn't been the opportunity). Atlantic has been tight-lipped, so there's not much that really can be done in terms of predictions.
    What are you talking about? Last year's schedule was not a reciprocal of the year before. The year before Hockey East included the Angry Leprechauns. Last year was a completely different schedule for most of the teams in Hockey East. THIS year is mostly a reciprocal of last year, so it actually is fairly easy to figure out when most of the games will be.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    What are you talking about? Last year's schedule was not a reciprocal of the year before. The year before Hockey East included the Angry Leprechauns. Last year was a completely different schedule for most of the teams in Hockey East. THIS year is mostly a reciprocal of last year, so it actually is fairly easy to figure out when most of the games will be.
    You're referring to the in-conference games, which you are correct we know opponents and locations, just not dates. I'm talking about the non-conference games; the other third of your schedule. Miami, RIT, and SLU/CCT were reciprocals from last year. Then there were two tournaments and the Mayor's Cup., the former of which is a one-and-done. Mayor's Cup is an annual event, so we can predict that that's going to happen again, whether it's a standalone game(s) or during Dartmouth's tournament. There are a number of other non-conference games that need to be filled, though, and that's where initial analysis leads us to try to piece together those games.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

First off FlagDude I appreciate all the work you put into trying to get schedules out. I love that thread and appreciate the hard work that you all put in gathering info. Some people will complain no matter what but most of us are very appreciative.

I need my insiders. Is Garrett Devine considered Conger's replacement and a go for this September? I think he'll be a good addition. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

First off FlagDude I appreciate all the work you put into trying to get schedules out. I love that thread and appreciate the hard work that you all put in gathering info. Some people will complain no matter what but most of us are very appreciative.

I need my insiders. Is Garrett Devine considered Conger's replacement and a go for this September? I think he'll be a good addition. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Nope. As Zlax said we have the depth. Devine is a legacy player. Remember Mark Devine right about/after your time. Then he pretty much had the job Murphy has now in AD dept. it’s his son. Expectations. It’s a kid who always wanted to be a Friar, he’s certainly not cracking next year’s lineup

New rule though can dress 19 skaters.

Thanks Cav! I knew he played at Cushing then the South Shore Kings but I'm embarrassed to say that the fact he was from Colorado threw me. I appreciate the heads up.

Thread Information