Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 232

Thread: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,790

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by captain beefheart View Post
    For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A vast majority turned their attitudes after winning their first title. UND, MN, MI, BC fans....even WI fans have "earned" the right to be a bit arrogant. tUMD has not.
    Can't say I've ever interacted with Duluth fans but from your perspective as a Gopher fan, they have certainly had the upperhand nationally in recent years. A more recent national title and now their 3rd national title game in what, 7 years? In that time the Gophers have been in only one.

  2. #142

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Can't say I've ever interacted with Duluth fans but from your perspective as a Gopher fan, they have certainly had the upperhand nationally in recent years. A more recent national title and now their 3rd national title game in what, 7 years? In that time the Gophers have been in only one.
    Come on now J.D., we all know Gopher fans waited until 2002 to start acting arrogant and entitled. B.C. surely wasn't known for a-hole fans until at least 2010! Heck, us North Dakota faithful are still saints despite our superior success. Maybe if Duluth wins the next 10 titles, then they will have earned their status. But until then: grumble, grumble, grumble!!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,216

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Heck, us North Dakota faithful are still saints despite our superior success.
    And modest saints at that! Keep missing the tournament, as we did this year, and modesty will return in due course.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  4. #144

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    And modest saints at that! Keep missing the tournament, as we did this year, and modesty will return in due course.
    As a group, our biggest weakness is probably how modest we are. The weight of the halo is the burden that we bear for all our banners.

    But let's get back to Minnesota fans ripping on Duluth fans for acting like Minnesota fans.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    67

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    I'll know it's true when I can walk through the Ralph and not get an elbow bump from the modest Hawk fans. Maybe the gophers will get a new coach surge next year like UND got in 2016.

    Back to the thread - Notre Dame is on some kind of holy prophecy run. Winning games in the last minute/seconds, seems like a team of destiny this year.

  6. #146

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by ex_goldy View Post
    I'll know it's true when I can walk through the Ralph and not get an elbow bump from the modest Hawk fans.
    Using Brenthoven's logic, we've earned that right. You have to keep little brother in his place.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  7. #147
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,614

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Using Brenthoven's logic, we've earned that right. You have to keep little brother in his place.
    You have. And we will still hate your kind.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #148
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by captain beefheart View Post
    For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
    That's when the producer obviously told him to just look at the monitor, since he had apparently been staring off into space instead of watching it. Or the game.

  9. #149
    Registered User USAFA Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northfield, MN
    Posts
    5,612

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory
    Sad.

    Wasn't aware Dogs fan had that reputation. Reputation for hard drinking, sure.

    Yesterday was all a mess for me.

    1) forgot to DVR the game
    2) remembered while at work. Luckily could go through Dish Network website and set it to record
    3) ran some errands and didn't rush to get home, so, of course
    4) DVR didn't tape it, but
    5) set DVR to tape the replay at 11:00 and would watch tonight
    6) avoid finding out the result until then, so of course that means
    7) found out the result maybe 5 minutes after getting into work.

    Bah.
    Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
    bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

  10. #150
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,614

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
    Sad.

    Wasn't aware Dogs fan had that reputation. Reputation for hard drinking, sure.

    Yesterday was all a mess for me.

    1) forgot to DVR the game
    2) remembered while at work. Luckily could go through Dish Network website and set it to record
    3) ran some errands and didn't rush to get home, so, of course
    4) DVR didn't tape it, but
    5) set DVR to tape the replay at 11:00 and would watch tonight
    6) avoid finding out the result until then, so of course that means
    7) found out the result maybe 5 minutes after getting into work.

    Bah.
    They were really cool.....until they won the title. It was a complete 180, and quite amazing how they flipped. They started putting themselves into the elite school category. They did NOT slow their roll in that department. F*ing annoying as hell, overall.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  11. #151
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory

  12. #152
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    38,577

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    biddy is the best!!

  13. #153
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I was doing a little research, and it surprised me that in 71 NCAA Tournaments, the previous season's runner-up has made it back to the National Championship Game 14 times (20% of the time). Those teams are 10-4 in their subsequent championship game appearance.

    I was also surprised, to a lesser extent, to see just how good Minnesota Duluth has been this decade. The Bulldogs are in their 3rd title game and have won 13 NCAA Tournament games this decade...both of which are more than any other program in the country. If they win on Saturday, they'll tie BC for the most national titles in the decade. Scott Sandelin's squad is certainly making its case for "Program of the Decade." Kudos.
    Not too shabby!

  14. #154

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by captain beefheart View Post
    For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
    My criticism for Melrose is that unlike Starman and Bucci, he doesn't seem to keep up with college hockey until right before he has to call an NCAA game. I'm guessing his first words when flying into MSP were "Now who is in the frozen four this year?"... I'm not sure if he uttered this before or after he had to peel his greasy mudflap from the airplane seat headrest. Jokes on him though for us NoDak fans, he can't jinx UND when they aren't even in the tourney. Ha ha, suck it Barry.

  15. #155
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    112,614

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Hanging with UNH fans, and a couple SLU fans. Did a pub crawl today, and they love our beer scene. Also, the UNH fans really truly realized that when MN talks about the cold climate, we mean it. "How can you deal with this year after year?!"

    To be fair, it's about 20-30 degrees below average for this time of year. And most of us native MNs were walking around in 3-4 layers (shirts/hoodies) and no jacket. Wasn't that bad today.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    16,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hanging with UNH fans, and a couple SLU fans. Did a pub crawl today, and they love our beer scene. Also, the UNH fans really truly realized that when MN talks about the cold climate, we mean it. "How can you deal with this year after year?!"

    To be fair, it's about 20-30 degrees below average for this time of year. And most of us native MNs were walking around in 3-4 layers (shirts/hoodies) and no jacket. Wasn't that bad today.
    Was at a lot of the Twins game today, was actually a beautiful day. Wish it was a beautiful February day, but no complaints from me.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    16,913

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Incredible atmosphere here tonight as well. Awesome crowd.

  18. #158

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    33,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hanging with UNH fans, and a couple SLU fans. Did a pub crawl today, and they love our beer scene. Also, the UNH fans really truly realized that when MN talks about the cold climate, we mean it. "How can you deal with this year after year?!"

    To be fair, it's about 20-30 degrees below average for this time of year. And most of us native MNs were walking around in 3-4 layers (shirts/hoodies) and no jacket. Wasn't that bad today.
    Brent

    SLU and Clarkson understand cold.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,686
    "..the North Dakot.. er, Notre Dame team.."
    Barry, call it a career.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    580

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    If Notre Dame is going to pull of more thrilling heroics in the dying moments, they better get it going!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •