• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Good seats still available in the state of hockey

Comment

O Romeo O Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

Duluth all over Ohio State early on.

Go Dawgs.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        They are selling beer and wine in the arena
        This is surprising to me and I’m happy about it...
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
          They are selling beer and wine in the arena
          For real? Didn't think that was allowed.

Apologize in advance for the hockey east refs.

Comment

Ohio State needs a diaper change

Comment

well, still early but... Holy Toledo! ..
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Look at all those empty seats.... maybe you shouldn't have tried to charge us $300 for a ticket when we may have only gone to one game (we HAD to buy all session passes)... I know a TON of people that were scared off by the price and would have gladly dropped $50-$70 to go to this game (Though hindsight... I'm glad I'm not in that arena)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  For real? Didn't think that was allowed.

Apologize in advance for the hockey east refs.
                  Hey - local guy (Frederick, MD) Tommy George is there and has one heck of a resume (IIHF U20, Olympics, NCAA FF x 4, AHL, UCHC ref & a mentor to local refs).
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
                    Look at all those empty seats.... maybe you shouldn't have tried to charge us $300 for a ticket when we may have only gone to one game (we HAD to buy all session passes)... I know a TON of people that were scared off by the price and would have gladly dropped $50-$70 to go to this game (Though hindsight... I'm glad I'm not in that arena)
                    Agree that they should offer single-session tickets, but $50-70 for a Frozen Four ticket is far below what they can charge and reasonably expect to sell out the arena.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Agree that they should offer single-session tickets, but $50-70 for a Frozen Four ticket is far below what they can charge and reasonably expect to sell out the arena.
                      Erm... are you seeing what I am seeing in terms of empty seats? This place should be packed with three giant alumni bases and essentially a hometown team. It's not... only explanation is that all those empty seats are all Domers and Wolverine fans getting a good pre-game in... but that would be a different issue then.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Seat geek had 80 for today when I checked during breakfast. Scalpers were at 65 when I walked into the arena. I pay for this trip on a grad student salary and my team isn't even in it. I'm having trouble feeling sympathy
                        Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 04-05-2018, 05:54 PM.
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
                          Erm... are you seeing what I am seeing in terms of empty seats? This place should be packed with three giant alumni bases and essentially a hometown team. It's not... only explanation is that all those empty seats are all Domers and Wolverine fans getting a good pre-game in... but that would be a different issue then.
                          I'm in the arena. The OSU section (unsurprisingly based on your recent posting) is 40% full at the lower section and empty above. Michigan and Notre dame fans are still drinking. Rest of the arena is 90% full.
                          Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 04-05-2018, 05:55 PM.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Considering OSU is almost never in the FF you'd think you would pony up the dough. Now, if it were an OSU football game...

Comment

Many folks re-up to keep their priority, so tickets sold is different than tickets used. MOST of the time, you can get tix on the cheap, as the host city (or one really close by, looking at eastern folks) rarely makes the F4. If MN made it? Crowds would be vastly different. In 2011, if it were UND-MN in a game? Those tix would be twice the price, minimum. Title game? I bet you could have gotten a grand for a pair, easily.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

First time I applied was in 2004 and i got tix. Didn't apply again till next time it was in Boston a few years ago. Got em then too. My priority wasn't very high obviously but unless you actually go every year why would you buy tix every year and then scramble to sell them?

Comment

Working...
                                X