Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    That is NOT 3 B1G teams I see??? lol Best part is that I went to the one school not among the B1G contingent. Would rather my Gophers had .002 more in RPI, then we might have 4 B1G teams in the Frozen Four?
    Well if you would have won at least 1 game against us this year that may have happened. Alas it didn't so you aren't here. To bad, so sad.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      LOL....classy NoDik fans.
      No fans in 2002 were worse than Ugly Helmet fans, including refusing to remain silent for the Shawn Walsh tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        @MNHockeyMag: BREAKING: Citing weather concerns, college hockey media scraps travel plans to St. Paul and strikes deal to cover 2018 #FrozenFour from Tampa, Florida’s Amalie Arena. “It’s simply too cold to cover hockey anywhere else,” says one hardy, anonymous scribe. https://***********/MNHockeyMag/stat...573889/photo/1
        Nothing would make me happier A 45 minute drive down I-4!

Comment

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: Football helmets vs UMD

Some nice seats have just been released for sale in the sections between the blue lines for both days.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Some nice seats have just been released for sale in the sections between the blue lines for both days.
            The interest in attending this FF seems to be very low. Lots of seats being discounted across various sites as well. Having no North Dakota, Minnesota or an eastern team has definitely hurt.
            Last edited by scoreboard; 04-03-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
              The interest in attending this FF seems to be very low. Lots of seats being discounted across various sites as well. Having no North Dakota, Minnesota or an eastern team has definitely hurt.
              The weather isn't helping for those on the fence, either. It'd be really bad if this storm happened two days later. It's that slushie heavy snow right now. Roads are brutal. You can get where you are going, just takes twice the time.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The weather isn't helping for those on the fence, either. It'd be really bad if this storm happened two days later. It's that slushie heavy snow right now. Roads are brutal. You can get where you are going, just takes twice the time.
                Can't wait to go there tomorrow.... Bummer the weather isn't going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                  Can't wait to go there tomorrow.... Bummer the weather isn't going to be good.
                  I'm right there with you. I fly into MSP Wednesday at 4:57 pm from Detroit. The good thing is though that I'm staying with a buddy who I haven't seen in 20 years and his he has a friend there who has already volunteered to chauffer us around.
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: Football helmets vs UMD

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    The fact that ohio state only has 7 hockey fans who aren't related to the players doesn't help. notre dame doesn't have that many more either. My guess is that this Frozen Four may be attended about as sparsely as the Regionals. Michigan may have a decent amount show up, Duluth may have several also but with no other Blue-blood programs there seats are easy to come by. Stupid me dolled out the $295 for my ticket even though they'll probably go for $100 or less on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      No fans in 2002 were worse than Ugly Helmet fans, including refusing to remain silent for the Shawn Walsh tribute.
                      BTW, how has the off-season been for you? What hole are you on?

Comment

Makes me want more Frozen Fours in Tampa.

My friend asked if we wanted to go to the Twins game Saturday. I was all the nope. While I don't mind sitting in 33 degree weather to watch my football team, I'm not doing it for a baseball game I don't care about.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          The fact that ohio state only has 7 hockey fans who aren't related to the players doesn't help. notre dame doesn't have that many more either. My guess is that this Frozen Four may be attended about as sparsely as the Regionals. Michigan may have a decent amount show up, Duluth may have several also but with no other Blue-blood programs there seats are easy to come by. Stupid me dolled out the $295 for my ticket even though they'll probably go for $100 or less on the street.
                          I hear that. I wasn’t expecting much turnout though for UMD vs DU last year in that “college hockey hotbed” of Chicago but was surprised how packed that huge arena was so we’ll see. Paid face for my semis tix since getting them for cheap would mean having to go to the game late. Don’t understand the scheduling aside from they just decided west plays first game and east plays the second? Highest seed is playing the late game and closest team playing the day game. I know a lot of UMD fans who will go Saturday if they win but nobody is going to the Thursday semi.
                          I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Makes me want more Frozen Fours in Tampa.

My friend asked if we wanted to go to the Twins game Saturday. I was all the nope. While I don't mind sitting in 33 degree weather to watch my football team, I'm not doing it for a baseball game I don't care about.
                            There have been years where it's been 80 degrees. With MN, you never know what you're going to get from mid-March to mid-April.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There have been years where it's been 80 degrees. With MN, you never know what you're going to get from mid-March to mid-April.
                              Well, to most people Tampa @80 >>>> St Paul @80. One is quite common, and you will have great weather surrounding that day, too. The other is very not normal, and can have some really odd weather surrounding that day.

Much rather go to see another FF in Tampa than St Paul.

Comment

a Denver frozen four would be another good one
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X