Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 232

Thread: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

  1. #181

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,218
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Cornell does it too. When it gets to "...and the rockets' red glare..." they all yell "RED!!!!!"
    & Clarkson yells Knight

  2. #182
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,829

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Cornell does it too. When it gets to "...and the rockets' red glare..." they all yell "RED!!!!!"
    We do it at Minnesota. It happens in a lot of places.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  3. #183
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,511

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Cornell does it too. When it gets to "...and the rockets' red glare..." they all yell "RED!!!!!"
    So does RPI. Union yells "U" for "you" near the beginning.

  4. #184
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,829

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  5. #185
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,753

    Smile Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about it.
    Could be kneeling or something much worse.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  6. #186
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    114,451

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Emphasizing words is ok in my book. Changing words bothers me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Glad you (mostly) enjoyed your trip. I agree on the promotion part. St Paul could have done better. As far as attendance, the UM fans (the real UM ) given the situation with the team/coach...guessing many just said fuggit. I know I did.

    I hope the F4 comes back here, as St Paul is continuing to grow in night life and outside entertainment, to help with the full visitor experience. It's already miles better than in 2011.
    We aren't going to go through this again are we? We're older, we get the UM. You are UMn. Minnesota was better than I thought although there sure were several alcoholics (or maybe I just stayed with the wrong people).
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,044

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Closer games with some bigger schools produced a bump for Frozen Four television ratings over last year’s Frozen Four, but showed no significant improvement over previous years...... https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...vision-ratings
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,967

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about it.
    I certainly wasn't bent out of shape about it, just seems unnecessary/obnoxious to me. I'm not gonna lead the charge for changes though.

  10. #190
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,876

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I will never understand why people get so bent out of shape about it.
    I don't think we should be modifying the National Anthem's words. I feel it is disrespectful to the Country.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  11. #191
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,776

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    just seems unnecessary/obnoxious to me.
    It's absolutely obnoxious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  12. #192
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,829

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't think we should be modifying the National Anthem's words. I feel it is disrespectful to the Country.
    On the contrary. It’s everything our country is about.

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Could be kneeling or something much worse.
    The sad thing is that kneeling ISN'T a sign of disrespect. People don't understand that though. Instead they listen to a demagogue without a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  14. #194
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,829

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    The sad thing is that kneeling ISN'T a sign of disrespect. People don't understand that though. Instead they listen to a demagogue without a clue.
    I can’t belive it, this might be the first time we’ve ever agreed.

  15. #195
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,753
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I can’t belive it, this might be the first time we’ve ever agreed.
    Same

  16. #196
    I got the juice
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    303
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Just got around to unpacking and skimming through the recordings of the games :-) a Lot of young talent on the team. Would be more surprised if Tufte stayed than went—he still has some growing to do but could see him wanting to end his college career on a high note. Lots of talent on the team to be pillaged by the pros, but it is such an incredibly young team it will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. On paper currently they would be picked as a top team next year. With DU and SCSU’s losses perhaps it could be time for UMD to win their first regular season title since what—the early 90s?

  17. #197
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,753

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Just got around to unpacking and skimming through the recordings of the games :-) a Lot of young talent on the team. Would be more surprised if Tufte stayed than went—he still has some growing to do but could see him wanting to end his college career on a high note. Lots of talent on the team to be pillaged by the pros, but it is such an incredibly young team it will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. On paper currently they would be picked as a top team next year. With DU and SCSU’s losses perhaps it could be time for UMD to win their first regular season title since what—the early 90s?
    1993. Gonna be facinating to see who leaves. I thought DU would have lots of departures but they had none, hopefully Joey Anderson wants another year with his brother, Tufte will hopefully stay for another year of college and Shepard won't go pro. We shall see...
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    The sad thing is that kneeling ISN'T a sign of disrespect. People don't understand that though. Instead they listen to a demagogue without a clue.
    Do you stand or kneel in the arenas you go to when the anthem is played? Kind of hard to kneel in the seating rows. What about removing your hat?
    Just curious.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,876

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    Do you stand or kneel in the arenas you go to when the anthem is played? Kind of hard to kneel in the seating rows. What about removing your hat?
    Just curious.
    Here's the thing, it is a personal preference. You can do whatever you want and it doesn't matter. Why do you care? How does it harm you? I'm not curious, I don't care. Do whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

  20. #200
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,876

    Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    What about removing your hat?
    Interestingly, at UW women's games when they say to rise for the national anthem, they stopped saying "and please remove your hats." I still do, but not everyone does. I wonder why they changed that.

    On altering the words, it's the National Anthem, not your personal anthem, therefore don't change the words. You have every other second of the day to express your views, that minute and change is all about us being united under the Stars and Stripes.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •