Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Your hatred towards daloot is quite strange to me...
    Many of us Gopher fans celebrated with them in 2011. Then after that, they acted like UND fans, thinking they won 27 titles, instead of 1. Insufferable.

Edit: imagine DrunkHockeyGuy x 1 into DHG x 1000.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001

No one cackles like Melrose. No one.

Capt

2 pretty darn entertaining and good hockey games tonight. Hard to complain about that unless you had a rooting interest that didn't work out for you. I will say I kind of expected more Michigan fans, but I certainly won't cry myself to sleep that they weren't out in droves.

Quite impressed with the rink, certainly wouldn't mind seeing games at the X. Also really enjoyed the fact that A. Alcohol sales are apparently allowed now, and B. The concession had a fried walleye basket as an option (quite good, as well. Maybe not $12 good, but given it's not a common option anywhere, it didn't hurt all that much).

Excited for Saturday, should be a pretty fun atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    2 pretty darn entertaining and good hockey games tonight. Hard to complain about that unless you had a rooting interest that didn't work out for you. I will say I kind of expected more Michigan fans, but I certainly won't cry myself to sleep that they weren't out in droves.

Quite impressed with the rink, certainly wouldn't mind seeing games at the X. Also really enjoyed the fact that A. Alcohol sales are apparently allowed now, and B. The concession had a fried walleye basket as an option (quite good, as well. Maybe not $12 good, but given it's not a common option anywhere, it didn't hurt all that much).

Excited for Saturday, should be a pretty fun atmosphere.
    Hope to see you Saturday. I will be rocking a Hammerheart Brewing hoodie, and GPL baseball cap. Apparently, an AIC jersey was already spotted, so there went my Plan A. I am good friends with bbdl. You get the picture.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Capt

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hope to see you Saturday. I will be rocking a Hammerheart Brewing hoodie, and GPL baseball cap. Apparently, an AIC jersey was already spotted, so there went my Plan A. I am good friends with bbdl. You get the picture.
    Should be making the rounds Saturday. Fun will be had, looking forward to it.

Should be a great National Championship. Looking forward to it!

Recap of game one
    https://seamoresports.com/2018/04/05...e-frozen-four/
    Recap of game 2
    https://seamoresports.com/2018/04/06...-in-the-final/

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Many of us Gopher fans celebrated with them in 2011. Then after that, they acted like UND fans, thinking they won 27 titles, instead of 1. Insufferable.

Edit: imagine DrunkHockeyGuy x 1 into DHG x 1000.
    I can't get enough of this mindset. It's hilarious.

Lucia Apologist

They need to fix the game times. Getting home that late after midnight (and I live close) is just stupid. Iíd rather get home at a decent hour and miss some of the first game.

Interesting championship game matchup.

On one side we have the B1G "rent a champion." A team formerly considered a mid-level competitor in albeit a much better conference, but coming off a Frozen Four appearance in 2017. Brought in presumably to give the B1G hockey conference some cachet, they dominated both the regular season and post-season conference tourney.

On the other side we have Duluth. A team that hovered at or below .500 in NCHC play for almost the entire season and ended up finishing a distant third in the NCHC regular season race, they stumbled to a fourth place finish in the NCHC conference tournament.

Seems pretty even to me.

Setting aside my jabs at our B1G conference fans, I expect Notre Dame to win this game. They have that "team of destiny" feel and they've played three real solid NCAA tournament games.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Blackhawks!!!

Bad beat. Oooof.
    It Happened!!!!

I was doing a little research, and it surprised me that in 71 NCAA Tournaments, the previous season's runner-up has made it back to the National Championship Game 14 times (20% of the time). Those teams are 10-4 in their subsequent championship game appearance.

I was also surprised, to a lesser extent, to see just how good Minnesota Duluth has been this decade. The Bulldogs are in their 3rd title game and have won 13 NCAA Tournament games this decade...both of which are more than any other program in the country. If they win on Saturday, they'll tie BC for the most national titles in the decade. Scott Sandelin's squad is certainly making its case for "Program of the Decade." Kudos.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    From what I heard, there were only singles left because it was mostly sold out. If they are nearly selling out, don't see them dropping the price and making less profit just to possibly make it look better on TV. (And like others said, what you are probably seeing are people who are just there to see the teams in the second game.
    Attendance was announced at 18,036 IIRC.

Go C3P0s. I guess. Lesser of two evils.
    ???

Dude, we're about to witness a F4 with three crushed B10 fan bases (four if you count Minny sh-tting their homemade bed). Santa hasn't delivered anything that sweet in a long time.

The only thing that would have made this better would be substituting Pedo State for tOSU.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Mulletrose sucks. And that's all I have to say about that. /ForrestHoven
    Beats Mad Mike. I know; low bar.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I was doing a little research, and it surprised me that in 71 NCAA Tournaments, the previous season's runner-up has made it back to the National Championship Game 14 times (20% of the time). Those teams are 10-4 in their subsequent championship game appearance.

I was also surprised, to a lesser extent, to see just how good Minnesota Duluth has been this decade. The Bulldogs are in their 3rd title game and have won 13 NCAA Tournament games this decade...both of which are more than any other program in the country. If they win on Saturday, they'll tie BC for the most national titles in the decade. Scott Sandelin's squad is certainly making its case for "Program of the Decade." Kudos.
    For all the things you listed, they are definitely the best team in Minnesota this decade (can't be argued) and making their case for "Program of the Decade" indeed.

Picked to finish 4th in the preseason NCHC poll after losing a good number of players from their NCAA runner-up. And as another poster said, had a pretty middling conference season finishing in a distant 4th, laid an egg in the conference tourney and barely made it into the field thanks to all the upsets in the other conference tourneys.

Didn't matter once they got in, they have gotten it done so far in the big tourney. Congrats to the Bulldogs for keeping on fighting and best of luck on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Pretty funny coming from a goofer fan.

I was surprised by attendance yesterday. Lots of fans that decided to only watch their team play. I finally got lower bowl seats and the two seats next to me and the two below me were empty for both games.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory
    I don't necessarily want to speak for Biddco, but I understood his post to mean that it was pretty ironic for a Minnesota fan to call out Duluth fans for acting how Gopher fans have acted for generations. It's pretty comical.

FWIW, I've met many great UMD fans...although admittedly I have only met a few since 2011.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I don't necessarily want to speak for Biddco, but I understood his post to mean that it was pretty ironic for a Minnesota fan to call out Duluth fans for acting how Gopher fans have acted for generations. It's pretty comical.

FWIW, I've met many great UMD fans...although admittedly I have only met a few since 2011.
    A vast majority turned their attitudes after winning their first title. UND, MN, MI, BC fans....even WI fans have "earned" the right to be a bit arrogant. tUMD has not.

Thread Information