Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I can't get enough of this mindset. It's hilarious.
    Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I can't get enough of this mindset. It's hilarious.
      Pretty funny coming from a goofer fan.

I was surprised by attendance yesterday. Lots of fans that decided to only watch their team play. I finally got lower bowl seats and the two seats next to me and the two below me were empty for both games.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory
          I don't necessarily want to speak for Biddco, but I understood his post to mean that it was pretty ironic for a Minnesota fan to call out Duluth fans for acting how Gopher fans have acted for generations. It's pretty comical.

FWIW, I've met many great UMD fans...although admittedly I have only met a few since 2011.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I don't necessarily want to speak for Biddco, but I understood his post to mean that it was pretty ironic for a Minnesota fan to call out Duluth fans for acting how Gopher fans have acted for generations. It's pretty comical.

FWIW, I've met many great UMD fans...although admittedly I have only met a few since 2011.
            A vast majority turned their attitudes after winning their first title. UND, MN, MI, BC fans....even WI fans have "earned" the right to be a bit arrogant. tUMD has not.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
              For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
              A vast majority turned their attitudes after winning their first title. UND, MN, MI, BC fans....even WI fans have "earned" the right to be a bit arrogant. tUMD has not.
              Can't say I've ever interacted with Duluth fans but from your perspective as a Gopher fan, they have certainly had the upperhand nationally in recent years. A more recent national title and now their 3rd national title game in what, 7 years? In that time the Gophers have been in only one.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Can't say I've ever interacted with Duluth fans but from your perspective as a Gopher fan, they have certainly had the upperhand nationally in recent years. A more recent national title and now their 3rd national title game in what, 7 years? In that time the Gophers have been in only one.
                Come on now J.D., we all know Gopher fans waited until 2002 to start acting arrogant and entitled. B.C. surely wasn't known for a-hole fans until at least 2010! Heck, us North Dakota faithful are still saints despite our superior success. Maybe if Duluth wins the next 10 titles, then they will have earned their status. But until then: grumble, grumble, grumble!!
                North Dakota

Comment

Heck, us North Dakota faithful are still saints despite our superior success.
                  And modest saints at that! Keep missing the tournament, as we did this year, and modesty will return in due course.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    And modest saints at that! Keep missing the tournament, as we did this year, and modesty will return in due course.
                    As a group, our biggest weakness is probably how modest we are. The weight of the halo is the burden that we bear for all our banners.

But let's get back to Minnesota fans ripping on Duluth fans for acting like Minnesota fans.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I'll know it's true when I can walk through the Ralph and not get an elbow bump from the modest Hawk fans. Maybe the gophers will get a new coach surge next year like UND got in 2016.

Back to the thread - Notre Dame is on some kind of holy prophecy run. Winning games in the last minute/seconds, seems like a team of destiny this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                        I'll know it's true when I can walk through the Ralph and not get an elbow bump from the modest Hawk fans.
                        Using Brenthoven's logic, we've earned that right. You have to keep little brother in his place.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Using Brenthoven's logic, we've earned that right. You have to keep little brother in his place.
                          You have. And we will still hate your kind.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                            That's when the producer obviously told him to just look at the monitor, since he had apparently been staring off into space instead of watching it. Or the game.

Comment

Sad.

Wasn't aware Dogs fan had that reputation. Reputation for hard drinking, sure.

Yesterday was all a mess for me.

1) forgot to DVR the game
                              2) remembered while at work. Luckily could go through Dish Network website and set it to record
                              3) ran some errands and didn't rush to get home, so, of course
                              4) DVR didn't tape it, but
                              5) set DVR to tape the replay at 11:00 and would watch tonight
                              6) avoid finding out the result until then, so of course that means
                              7) found out the result maybe 5 minutes after getting into work.

Bah.
                              Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                              bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                                Sad.

Wasn't aware Dogs fan had that reputation. Reputation for hard drinking, sure.

Yesterday was all a mess for me.

1) forgot to DVR the game
                                2) remembered while at work. Luckily could go through Dish Network website and set it to record
                                3) ran some errands and didn't rush to get home, so, of course
                                4) DVR didn't tape it, but
                                5) set DVR to tape the replay at 11:00 and would watch tonight
                                6) avoid finding out the result until then, so of course that means
                                7) found out the result maybe 5 minutes after getting into work.

Bah.
                                They were really cool.....until they won the title. It was a complete 180, and quite amazing how they flipped. They started putting themselves into the elite school category. They did NOT slow their roll in that department. F*ing annoying as hell, overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X