St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Just got around to unpacking and skimming through the recordings of the games :-) a Lot of young talent on the team. Would be more surprised if Tufte stayed than went—he still has some growing to do but could see him wanting to end his college career on a high note. Lots of talent on the team to be pillaged by the pros, but it is such an incredibly young team it will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. On paper currently they would be picked as a top team next year. With DU and SCSU’s losses perhaps it could be time for UMD to win their first regular season title since what—the early 90s?
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
      Just got around to unpacking and skimming through the recordings of the games :-) a Lot of young talent on the team. Would be more surprised if Tufte stayed than went—he still has some growing to do but could see him wanting to end his college career on a high note. Lots of talent on the team to be pillaged by the pros, but it is such an incredibly young team it will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. On paper currently they would be picked as a top team next year. With DU and SCSU’s losses perhaps it could be time for UMD to win their first regular season title since what—the early 90s?
      1993. Gonna be facinating to see who leaves. I thought DU would have lots of departures but they had none, hopefully Joey Anderson wants another year with his brother, Tufte will hopefully stay for another year of college and Shepard won't go pro. We shall see...
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        The sad thing is that kneeling ISN'T a sign of disrespect. People don't understand that though. Instead they listen to a demagogue without a clue.
        Do you stand or kneel in the arenas you go to when the anthem is played? Kind of hard to kneel in the seating rows. What about removing your hat?
        Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
          Do you stand or kneel in the arenas you go to when the anthem is played? Kind of hard to kneel in the seating rows. What about removing your hat?
          Just curious.
          Here's the thing, it is a personal preference. You can do whatever you want and it doesn't matter. Why do you care? How does it harm you? I'm not curious, I don't care. Do whatever you want.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            What about removing your hat?
            Interestingly, at UW women's games when they say to rise for the national anthem, they stopped saying "and please remove your hats." I still do, but not everyone does. I wonder why they changed that.

On altering the words, it's the National Anthem, not your personal anthem, therefore don't change the words. You have every other second of the day to express your views, that minute and change is all about us being united under the Stars and Stripes.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              The sad thing is that kneeling ISN'T a sign of disrespect. People don't understand that though. Instead they listen to a demagogue without a clue.
              No disrespect intended, but UMICH is a buffoon and his team is a bunch of pansies. Since I said no disrespect it makes it ok. (ain't that right Ricky Bobby?) Just because they say it isn't a sign of disrespect doesn't mean it isn't.

Of course my perspective may be different since I served to allow people the freedom to kneel, burn the American flag and cheer for ttun.

Comment

Originally posted by beerman View Post
                No disrespect intended, but UMICH is a buffoon and his team is a bunch of pansies. Since I said no disrespect it makes it ok. (ain't that right Ricky Bobby?) Just because they say it isn't a sign of disrespect doesn't mean it isn't.

Of course my perspective may be different since I served to allow people the freedom to kneel, burn the American flag and cheer for ttun.
                Michigan Tech fans are genuinely idiots. Just stating facts....
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Sounds more like an opinion to me.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by beerman View Post

While this thread isn't the ideal place for it, perhaps those who served should take a minute to realize that the very fact people do kneel for the anthem or burn the flag are examples that the sacrifice you (and your family probably) made while you were in the military was actually worth it and worked. If no one in America felt safe to protest, even when that protest offends other people, why bother to "serve" at all. Members of the military should probably be the most vocally in support of people that protest the anthem of anyone out there.

Congrats to UMD, by the way, because since Saturday night, that's probably the actual reason this thread should continue.

Comment

As for kneeling/etc...there are better moments to make a statement that doesn't result in many people ignoring the message. You want to deliver the message and get people to listen to you...know your audience.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They are... but I am a BUCKEYE!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Sounds more like an opinion to me.
                          No, it is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            As for kneeling/etc...there are better moments to make a statement that doesn't result in many people ignoring the message. You want to deliver the message and get people to listen to you...know your audience.
                            Kneeling, etc. was done to create discussion about the topic. Check, it worked.

Comment

Kneeling, etc. was done to create discussion about the topic. Check, it worked.
                              And many have shut out the message, mainly the ones that needed to hear the message. That's *my* point.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                And many have shut out the message, mainly the ones that needed to hear the message. That's *my* point.
                                Those are the same people who voted for Trump. Unfortunately the entire world is now bracing for WWIII. All of this because people voted for that idiotic clown.

Comment

Working...
                                X