Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Michigan Tech fans are genuinely idiots. Just stating facts....
    Pot, meet kettle.....

About what I expect from a UMi fan.

Comment

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...ti-year-highs/
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

One week ago...still oh so sweet. Cannot wait to see another banner raised in October!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Pot, meet kettle.....

About what I expect from a UMi fan.
          Which University is more prestigious?

Thank you very much.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Thank you very much.
            Harvard or Yale.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Balderdash. I would take a Michigan or Minnesota chemical engineer over one from Harvard or Yale.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thank you very much.
                Minnesota, without question. (c) tArrogance
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Honest truth: our non-hockey playing daughter, with an ACT score of 31, applied to four schools, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Loyola and Michigan. She was accepted to three of them, but wait listed on her No. 1 choice: Minnesota. She eventually got in, graduated with a "Master of Accountancy" degree from the Carlson School of Management, and is now doing very well in the business world.

I realize that each individual situation is different, and outcomes can and do vary, but at the time when she was looking and applying to these schools I was surprised...and am now very happy that everything turned out so well for her.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Honest truth: our non-hockey playing daughter, with an ACT score of 31, applied to four schools, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Loyola and Michigan. She was accepted to three of them, but wait listed on her No. 1 choice: Minnesota. She eventually got in, graduated with a "Master of Accountancy" degree from the Carlson School of Management, and is now doing very well in the business world.

I realize that each individual situation is different, and outcomes can and do vary, but at the time when she was looking and applying to these schools I was surprised...and am now very happy that everything turned out so well for her.
                    Congratulations to your daughter.
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter.
                      Thank you, UMICH. I didn't mean to brag or anything (although we certainly ARE very proud of her) - my intent was to show that sometimes people place too much emphasis on a school's name, thinking that's a guarantee of future success and happiness. What's more important, I think, is the field of chosen study and how self-motivated the student is to learn...in addition to the school having a great program in whatever area(s) the student decides to concentrate on and pursue after college. That's where the chosen school can make a huge difference, but it all starts with the student.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think the Power5 is jealous on getting beat by a D2 playup school.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I for one am no more jealous of getting beat by UMD than I would be by any of the other 58 schools playing D1 hockey. I understand and appreciate the unique aspects of D1 hockey and love that the sport still has a place for all of the teams competing. There are probably 300 D1 basketball schools (out of 351 playing at that level) that will never win the D1 NCAA title, let alone some D2 school playing up. Makes that sport a whole lot less interesting that if somebody gave you 20 teams to guess with at the beginning of the season, almost any of us could pick the eventual champ. How many would get it right in NCAA hockey if you got just 3 guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            If there are any people who are jealous by getting beat by a D2 school then they are not hockey fans. I actually would have rather lost to Duluth than rudy. Technically I'd rather not lose but losing to Duluth probably would have been better than losing to rudy. Or if you were implying ohio state (because technically rudy isn't a Power 5 school) that's understandable as there are not any hockey fans there. I bet the average ohio state fan didn't even know that ohio state was in the Frozen Four or that they even had a hockey team.

Comment

If there are any people who are jealous by getting beat by a D2 school then they are not hockey fans. I actually would have rather lost to Duluth than rudy. Technically I'd rather not lose but losing to Duluth probably would have been better than losing to rudy. Or if you were implying ohio state (because technically rudy isn't a Power 5 school) that's understandable as there are not any hockey fans there. I bet the average ohio state fan didn't even know that ohio state was in the Frozen Four or that they even had a hockey team.
                              You've already lost to UMD in a title game so that would have just been boring.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                You've already lost to UMD in a title game so that would have just been boring.
                                Nobody wants to pay money for that sequel. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X