Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: Football helmets vs UMD

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Who will bring more fans? OSU or Notre Dame? Would assume Michigan will have the second most.
    Well when you consider $300.00 each for tickets, that's the price for OSU season ticket holders through Ohio State's allotment, air fare, hotel, rental car and if you HAVE to bring the wife we're up to what, at least 2 grand?
    I work for a living and just going to the Regional tapped me out. Don't expect a lot of Ohio State fans unless they're much better off financially than me.
    Breaks my heart too because I was there at the beginning of our program in '63 and would give almost anything to be at the Frozen 4 for my team!

Comment

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Anyone know what sections each schools allotments are in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Well when you consider $300.00 each for tickets, that's the price for OSU season ticket holders through Ohio State's allotment, air fare, hotel, rental car and if you HAVE to bring the wife we're up to what, at least 2 grand?
        I work for a living and just going to the Regional tapped me out. Don't expect a lot of Ohio State fans unless they're much better off financially than me.
        Breaks my heart too because I was there at the beginning of our program in '63 and would give almost anything to be at the Frozen 4 for my team!
        Hope you can make it some how. Tickets on StubHub are cheaper than $300

https://www.stubhub.com/2018-ncaa-fr...sort=price+asc

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
          The goofy football helmets really seem to be working out this year

Looking very reminiscent of the last time it was in St. Paul. Lots of possible rebuttal. Possible rematch of 2011 semis with ND-UMD, championship UMD-MI rematch or a tOSU-UM rivalry game. Also OSU gets another shot at UMD for their regional elimination last year. OSU was tough last year and will be even tougher this year.

And of course, if your team didn’t make (sorry) it feel free to offer up tickets :-)
          You can't have my tickets, but I'll be there rooting for the little guy.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Understandable. My comment was more about who has more college hockey fans, Ohio State or Notre Dame.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post

They'll be cheaper on the streets. Even moreso if you don't mind missing the first part of the game.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                Anyone know what sections each schools allotments are in yet?
                As is usual, teams allegedly get access to approximately 400 lower level seats and 200 upper level seats and must at a minimum buy the 400 lower level seats. According to the championship manual, the reserved sections are 113/114 and 216, sections 119/120 and 222, sections 101/126 and 201/202, and sections 106/107 and 206/207. Seed 1 gets the corners behind the bench they will use, seed 2 the corner behind the other team bench and seeds 3 and 4 the corners opposite their team's bench. Based on this, if Notre Dame uses the Wild bench, they should be 119/120, OSU should be 113/114, UM should be101/126 and UMD should be 106/107. But according to the manual though, locker room and bench selections are to be determined. For some reason I seem to remember that in 2011, Notre Dame used what is now the Wild's bench in their game against UMD, and wasn't UMD the higher seed in that game? I would also suggest calling either the Xcel ticket office or one of the participating team's ticket manager and see what they say.

*eta* I just checked and in 2011 Notre Dame was on what is now the visitor bench and UMD the Wild bench, so I'm guessing my round-up of ticket locations is probably correct.
                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 03-28-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I have one ticket, section 126 top row for sale...all 3 games..

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Understandable. My comment was more about who has more college hockey fans, Ohio State or Notre Dame.
                    Sorry, then I predict more ND fans - AND I HOPE THEY'RE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE OUTCOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      They'll be cheaper on the streets. Even moreso if you don't mind missing the first part of the game.
                      How much cheaper?
                      I was only at one previous Frozen Four and that was back in 2005 because it was here in Columbus. If Ohio State advances I'm now considering the 12 hour drive, buy a (hopefully) bargain ticket outside and drive back afterwards in stages.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post

Or you can check out the TICKETS AND EVENTS FORUM here on USCHO for tickets.

Comment

How much cheaper?
                          I was only at one previous Frozen Four and that was back in 2005 because it was here in Columbus. If Ohio State advances I'm now considering the 12 hour drive, buy a (hopefully) bargain ticket outside and drive back afterwards in stages.
                          I don't know. DU will hardly have any fans. MI and tUMD will have some (many residents here). OSU? I think they have less traveling fans than DU. IF I decide to catch a game, my offer will be honestly insulting. That's how little I care. Offer will be $10. Maybe $15. Per game.

Pro-tip: don't wear your team's gear when buying the ticket. Scalpers will use that to their advantage.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I don't know. DU will hardly have any fans. MI and tUMD will have some (many residents here). OSU? I think they have less traveling fans than DU. IF I decide to catch a game, my offer will be honestly insulting. That's how little I care. Offer will be $10. Maybe $15. Per game.

Pro-tip: don't wear your team's gear when buying the ticket. Scalpers will use that to their advantage.
                            Thanks, that's what I was looking to hear and also thanks about the tip!

Comment

Go Bulldogs!

Comment

That is NOT 3 B1G teams I see??? lol Best part is that I went to the one school not among the B1G contingent. Would rather my Gophers had .002 more in RPI, then we might have 4 B1G teams in the Frozen Four?

Comment

Working...
                                X