St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Everyone knows OSU has poor fan support for hockey, and now it’s simply on display on the biggest stage.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good God, Buccigross and Melrose are awful. And this studio host with Starman and Ritchlin is possibly worse.

College hockey TV coverage has some pretty good talent during the season, and then we end up with this for the most important weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Good God, Buccigross and Melrose are awful. And this studio host with Starman and Ritchlin is possibly worse.

College hockey TV coverage has some pretty good talent during the season, and then we end up with this for the most important weekend.
        in most places that air these gms, espn2 /canada/ tsn/ whatever.. game is on, sound is not. mute button does wonders.

enjoy the drinks & hopefully the games. 😊
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Kuhlman is now Russian I guess

Comment

ESPN's in game score bug uses the national rankings by a team (like the 4 by Ohio State). But the ticker on the bottom uses the team's seed from their regional (so Michigan has a 2).

That's great communication.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUAlumnMN View Post
              Look at all those empty seats.... maybe you shouldn't have tried to charge us $300 for a ticket when we may have only gone to one game (we HAD to buy all session passes)... I know a TON of people that were scared off by the price and would have gladly dropped $50-$70 to go to this game (Though hindsight... I'm glad I'm not in that arena)
              From what I heard, there were only singles left because it was mostly sold out. If they are nearly selling out, don't see them dropping the price and making less profit just to possibly make it look better on TV. (And like others said, what you are probably seeing are people who are just there to see the teams in the second game.

Comment

ESPN scoreboard after coming back from break: 1st QUARTER

Unbelievable...

Comment

all Michigan early. as good as their forecheck is.. their backcheck just so solid. (saw that in Worcester as well).
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    First time I applied was in 2004 and i got tix. Didn't apply again till next time it was in Boston a few years ago. Got em then too. My priority wasn't very high obviously but unless you actually go every year why would you buy tix every year and then scramble to sell them?
                    Better seats due to higher priority. That's the thought process. When/if I go (obviously not this year) I just want in the building.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Add these to the ESPN shaming.

Michigan averages '2,9' goals per game.
                      The starting goalies were transposed with their font.
                      Melrose thinks Pearson is from Flin Flon... Saskatchewan?

Comment

Melrose and the defense are putting me to sleep
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          LOL....classy NoDik fans.
                          UND fans wish they could be as "classy" as the michigan fans...

What's that old saying about those who live in glass houses?
                          Last edited by willythekid; 04-05-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Subscribed
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Add these to the ESPN shaming.

Michigan averages '2,9' goals per game.
                              The starting goalies were transposed with their font.
                              Melrose thinks Pearson is from Flin Flon... Saskatchewan?
                              Buccigross just called Jeff Jackson "Jeff Jenkins." Do these guys do ANY preparation? Embarrassing...

UPDATE: So now he just said "Jackson" twice in a row to try to cover up or hope that nobody heard it...

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

1st paragraph, totally agree.
                                2nd paragraph, some of the time.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X