Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    SCSU stopped playing the school song prior to games because we clever SCSU students figured out that HUSKIES is seven letters, the same as F---YOU. So when it came to our own spelling bee of a school song, we made the adjustment. The school then made an adjustment by my junior year.
    MN stopped playing "Rock'N'Roll Pt 2" (the "hey" song) because Gary Glitter was a pedophile. Reality: it was b/c the fans chanted "(team) sucks" during the song. BS Admin.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      SCSU stopped playing the school song prior to games because we clever SCSU students figured out that HUSKIES is seven letters, the same as F---YOU. So when it came to our own spelling bee of a school song, we made the adjustment. The school then made an adjustment by my junior year.
      IIRC throwing batteries on the ice vs Gophers caught the Admin's attention too. Scumbags...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
        IIRC throwing batteries on the ice vs Gophers caught the Admin's attention too. Scumbags...
        Oddly enough, I recall photos circulating showing that it wasn't (only) the Husky fans throwing those batteries. Our administration was just dumb enough to package them into light up twirling thingies.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Two Tickets on StubHub for the Gophers/UND in Vegas currently @ $469 ea., 1-4 tics $500 ea. Considering airfare, room rates in Vegas, meals, maybe some gambling that's an expensive weekend.

There are no more tics at face value. Some estimated the game literally sold out in about 5 seconds. I suspect scalpers will do well.

Many fans who wanted tics complained that UND screwed up by choosing the smaller Orleans arena (7,773) instead of T-Mobile (17,500) and launched a petition to move it to T-Mobile (ARTICLE).

Could UND have opted for a larger venue? Brad Schlossman's article on why UND chose Orleans (ARTICLE)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Two Tickets on StubHub for the Gophers/UND in Vegas currently @ $469 ea., 1-4 tics $500 ea. Considering airfare, room rates in Vegas, meals, maybe some gambling that's an expensive weekend.

There are no more tics at face value. Some estimated the game literally sold out in about 5 seconds. I suspect scalpers will do well.

Many fans who wanted tics complained that UND screwed up by choosing the smaller Orleans arena (7,773) instead of T-Mobile (17,500) and launched a petition to move it to T-Mobile (ARTICLE).

Could UND have opted for a larger venue? Brad Schlossman's article on why UND chose Orleans (ARTICLE)
            It's a cost thing, I'm sure, as Schlossman points out. But it's an atmosphere thing too. Would they be able to sell out T-Mobile or come close? Hard to say. You know for sure Orleans Arena will be packed full and the atmosphere will be nuts. It's the same reason UND is hosting regionals in Fargo and Sioux Falls. If UND makes it, it's going to be mad house. I'd sure rather watch that than the Gophers host at an empty Xcel Energy Center.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

T Mobile would have sold out. Uber-casual game-going fans such as myself would have thought about it, if not pulled the trigger.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                T Mobile would have sold out. Uber-casual game-going fans such as myself would have thought about it, if not pulled the trigger.
                If you're a regular on multiple college hockey message boards you are in no way an uber casual fan when it comes to consideration of away games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  If you're a regular on multiple college hockey message boards you are in no way an uber casual fan when it comes to consideration of away games.
                  Actually going to games. Not paying $35+ for SRO (and work schedule prevents me from Fri games)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Actually going to games. Not paying $35+ for SRO (and work schedule prevents me from Fri games)
                    In all honesty they could probably have sold it out but it'd be a sea of green just like the smaller arena. Great opportunity to visit the Nazi's base of operations for any Whioux fan.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      It's a cost thing, I'm sure, as Schlossman points out. But it's an atmosphere thing too. Would they be able to sell out T-Mobile or come close? Hard to say. You know for sure Orleans Arena will be packed full and the atmosphere will be nuts. It's the same reason UND is hosting regionals in Fargo and Sioux Falls. If UND makes it, it's going to be mad house. I'd sure rather watch that than the Gophers host at an empty Xcel Energy Center.
                      I get that part about the profit margin. Seems like a lot of fans got locked out of the process though. I guess what I don't understand is why the UND Admin allowed Champions Club Members to buy up MOST of the tics, then lo and behold, as Schlossman points out, there's just over 100 left @ $100 ea. for public sale which disappeared in 5 sec.

Seems a little unfair to both fanbases. Does anyone know any Gopher fans who were able to buy tics on Ticketmaster? No doubt, all of Grand Forks was probably online at the same time when they went on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        17k+? I don't underestimate Whioux fans anymore, they are nuts. But that's a big arena to sell out.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I don't underestimate Whioux fans anymore, they are nuts.
                          We do have that enchanting mystique about us.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Yeah, something like that.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              A euphemism for never-ending stench.

Comment

Yeah, something like that.
                                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                A euphemism for never-ending stench.
                                That which we call a Whioux
                                By any other word would smell as sweet;

Comment

Working...
                                X