Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Similar numbers with Edina that CM had with EP. Reload for CM? A Tampa Bay Lightning draft pick, Sammy is a 5’9” right-handed center who weighs in at a whopping 150 pounds. By comparison, Kyle Rau another Mr. Hockey was about the same height, but weighed in at 179 out of HS. Hit the weights boy...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
      Similar numbers with Edina that CM had with EP. Reload for CM? A Tampa Bay Lightning draft pick, Sammy is a 5’9” right-handed center who weighs in at a whopping 150 pounds. By comparison, Kyle Rau another Mr. Hockey was about the same height, but weighed in at 179 out of HS. Hit the weights boy...
      I bet he can already do more than one pull-up!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        I bet he can already do more than one pull-up!
        Good point, potential upgrade?

Comment

So still no assistants announced? Is Motzko so good he doesn't need any?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Seen a couple names mentioned: Garrett Raboin? Or Ohio State assistant Steve Miller? Miller showed interest before Bell was hired. Similar to Guentzel last year, Miller earned the prestigious Terry Flanagan Award in 2009 which honors an assistant coaches’ career body of work.

Raboin makes sense since he's worked on the D for Motzko. That would mean Guentzel is gone.

Comment

Raboin makes sense since he's worked on the D for Motzko. That would mean Guentzel is gone.
              The rumor mill says it'll be Garrett Raboin and Scott Bell. Nothing official yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                The rumor mill says it'll be Garrett Raboin and Scott Bell. Nothing official yet though.
                Gotta think it makes sense to keep one Gopher on the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  No one wants to get onto a doomed ship, do they?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    No one wants to get onto a doomed ship, do they?
                    Ohhh...the irony.

Comment

Ohhh...the irony.
                      I hear ya loud and clear. Ye old BADger boat took on a lot of water last year, but I'd rather be red than urine colored anytime. Maybe Mr. Fleck can loan us a few extra paddles.

Comment

Originally posted by timothy a View Post
                        i hear ya loud and clear. Ye old badger boat took on a lot of water last year, but i'd rather be red than urine colored anytime. Maybe mr. Fleck can loan us a few extra buckets.
                        fyp

Comment

Late last month, Minnesota’s most obnoxious and self-righteous fan base finally got what it wanted: University of Minnesota men’s hockey coach Don Lucia stepped down after 19 seasons.

It shouldn’t have surprised anyone that Lucia, approaching 60 and graying faster than a second-term U.S. president, had had enough. Coaching Gopher hockey is the toughest sports job in the Twin Cities, tougher than any pro job, burdened as it is by the unreasonable demands of highly knowledgeable alumni and fans who act like it’s still 1979.
                          Some poignant and descriptive commentary on Gopher fans and the state of Gopher hockey > ARTICLE

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I hear ya loud and clear. Ye old BADger boat took on a lot of water last year, but I'd rather be red than urine colored anytime. Maybe Mr. Fleck can loan us a few extra paddles.

you must have gone through a lot of paint thinner before magic mike left.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Confirmation in today's Star Tribune:

Mike Guentzel out, Garrett Raboin in as Bob Motzko shapes Gophers hockey staff
                              http://www.startribune.com/mike-guen...aff/481533811/

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                                you must have gone through a lot of paint thinner before magic mike left.
                                I drunk the state dry. When we 'd go camping @ Merrick State Park I'd have to go over to the dark side/Winona with a 40 ft trailer and load up at Fastenal's HQ. My boss still hasn't questioned those charges on the company card yet (that's ALOT of screws I bought you know)....maybe it's because my wife runs the books?

Comment

Working...
                                X