Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Well, lots of question marks to be resolved this off-season. Who will be the new coach? Will CM stay another season? Who are the new recruits who can score? With Lindgren departing for the NY Rangers, what will the D look like for next season?

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Well, lots of question marks to be resolved this off-season. Who will be the new coach? Will CM stay another season? Who are the new recruits who can score? With Lindgren departing for the NY Rangers, what will the D look like for next season?
    SteveO, I wish I was smart enough to answer all your questions. Right now things are so much up in the air....
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      SteveO, I wish I was smart enough to answer all your questions. Right now things are so much up in the air....
      Indeed. If CM stays that will calm the storm a bit.

FWIW: Chris Johnston (NHL Network) reports that CM may not join the Sabres next season. Will make a final decision in the next couple days (reported by Nate Wells - March 24).

Comment

Big decision coming for Casey. Excellent article on the pros and cons of CM staying in college or bolting for the NHL or AHL > HERE

Comment

Subscribed
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Adios Middlestadt
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Adios Middlestadt
              Hate to see him leave after just one year, but best of luck to the young man.
              http://www.startribune.com/casey-mit...alo/477939393/

Comment

Is there any word on others that may be leaving early? Pitlick and Sheehy are the ones I'm really curious on.

Comment

Ranks down there as one of the least impactful stars in the history of the Gopher program.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
                    Is there any word on others that may be leaving early? Pitlick and Sheehy are the ones I'm really curious on.
                    Lucia.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Depends what you mean by impact. This team is like 30th in the PWR without him.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        With a different coaching staff? You keep crying about how much the program needs a change (and I don't necessarily disagree with you) but if that change had been made one season earlier are so so freaking sure the regression and/or lack of improvement seen for so many wouldn't have materialized different the past season?

I for one do not expect any drop off in results next year and fact am very confident they make the tournament.
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-26-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

He's gonna defend Casey's performance until he's blue in the face, but what 5mn said was accurate.

Wish him the best of luck in the NHL and hope he dominates.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            100% agree
                            Code:

Comment

No question CM had a huge impact on the ice. I'm curious, however, how his presence might have affected some of his teammates in the locker room. Not saying it was necessarily negative, but I wonder if the tremendous publicity (and in some cases overblown) hype he received could have affected some of other players? Would this be possible? You look at several of the players whose performance declined compared to the year before and wonder how this could be, given the sheer brilliance CM sometimes displayed in setting up his teammates.

Comment

Working...
                              X