Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 307

Thread: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Congrats to Adam, Northeastern and their fans. Go Hockey East!!

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    glad Keefer is staying put. Coming back to Gaudette.. your piece, well done. He was very gracious to the NU community tonight. His prepared remarks, from the heart. Just real happy for him/ his family. Best in the future to him & to the program.

  3. #103
    Beanpot or Bust
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    404

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Way to go Adam! Awesome day for him and the Husky community as a whole. Great to see Sikura and Davies recognized as All-Americans!!

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,552

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Congratulations to Hobey Baker winner Adam Gaudette, Northeastern University and it's fans. Well done.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  5. #105
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,081

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Congrats to Gaudette and the NU Program. It is a feather in their cap that shows the strides the program has taken.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Jake Theut is going to take a graduate transfer year at Alabama-Hunstville! A wonderful opportunity for Jake to pursue some graduate education and hopefully (rpobably?) get some time in net at the collegiate level. Guess I'm gonna be watching some WCHA games next season. Super happy for Jake!
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Jake Theut is going to take a graduate transfer year at Alabama-Hunstville! A wonderful opportunity for Jake to pursue some graduate education and hopefully (rpobably?) get some time in net at the collegiate level. Guess I'm gonna be watching some WCHA games next season. Super happy for Jake!
    all the best Jake & thank you for everything you've contributed to the program.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  8. #108
    Broken Glass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    230

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    So do we get a Beanpot banner and Hobey Baker banner next year?

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    So do we get a Beanpot banner and Hobey Baker banner next year?
    we had better.
    ncaa ff banner would have been nice, but long as we are getting to the tourney every so often (small banner for ncaa2018 as well).. hopefully we'll get hot at the right time & make some noise.
    good season, some good players & great memories.

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Our post on Nolan signing with the Blues. Like Gaudette and Sikura, Stevens was a player who transformed the NU hockey culture. For many fans, like Ryan, one play was all it took to turn them into believers.
    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/hu...s-hockey-east/
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    For many fans, like Ryan, one play was all it took to turn them into believers.
    he had one patient (and deceptive) toe drag. fun to watch many a times in action (besides being very strong on the puck, generally). great awareness on ice of where his teammates were, as well. wishing him the best.

  12. #112

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    780

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Our post on Nolan signing with the Blues. Like Gaudette and Sikura, Stevens was a player who transformed the NU hockey culture. For many fans, like Ryan, one play was all it took to turn them into believers.
    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/hu...s-hockey-east/
    Those highlight videos are a lot of fun to watch.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    NLI news

    Jordan Harris and Julian Kislin both signed their NLIs for next season. So they will be coming in and be expected to contribute immediately, especially Harris who should be among the top 93 selected in the NHL Draft.

    Power forward Aidan McDonough signed his NLI for 2019, he will play a year of Junior hockey, likely in the USHL, before enrolling. He has big offensive upside and the year of seasoning should do him well
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    709

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    NLI news

    Jordan Harris and Julian Kislin both signed their NLIs for next season. So they will be coming in and be expected to contribute immediately, especially Harris who should be among the top 93 selected in the NHL Draft.

    Power forward Aidan McDonough signed his NLI for 2019, he will play a year of Junior hockey, likely in the USHL, before enrolling. He has big offensive upside and the year of seasoning should do him well
    NU_Husky


    We need to clarify this particular matter. I checked with an impeccable (not an impeachable) source who was able to set the record straight:

    Aidan McDonough has not signed an NLI for 2019…it is illegal to sign an NLI for a future year! Student-athletes can defer their NLI from one year to another, but institutions are not able to sign a player for a year from now. Northeastern did not sign Aidan to an NLI!! Perhaps Thayer got their signals wrong.

    The good news is that Jordan Harris and Julian Kislin both signed their NLIs for next season. So they will be coming in and be expected to contribute immediately. Harris currently is expect to be picked within the first three rounds.

    I'm sorry that you were unable to join us last night. It was a well attended, upbeat and tastefully done affair. The only things missing were Bill Dougherty's poetry and several gentlemen , Jack Grinold, George Makris and Frank Mahoney who were smiling and enjoying the activities from the best table (not) in the arena.

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    NU_Husky


    We need to clarify this particular matter. I checked with an impeccable (not an impeachable) source who was able to set the record straight:

    Aidan McDonough has not signed an NLI for 2019…it is illegal to sign an NLI for a future year! Student-athletes can defer their NLI from one year to another, but institutions are not able to sign a player for a year from now. Northeastern did not sign Aidan to an NLI!! Perhaps Thayer got their signals wrong.

    The good news is that Jordan Harris and Julian Kislin both signed their NLIs for next season. So they will be coming in and be expected to contribute immediately. Harris currently is expect to be picked within the first three rounds.

    I'm sorry that you were unable to join us last night. It was a well attended, upbeat and tastefully done affair. The only things missing were Bill Dougherty's poetry and several gentlemen , Jack Grinold, George Makris and Frank Mahoney who were smiling and enjoying the activities from the best table (not) in the arena.
    Saw your post on DHD, meant to reply there. Whether or not it's the official NLI, it's an agreement between the student-athlete and the school on his arrival date and the plan for the upcoming season. So, NLI might not be the proper term, but it certainly is a letter of intent. In any case, Aidan will come in 2019, Kislin and Harris in 2018.

    I appreciate the words about the banquet. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. From the sounds of things from people who were there, it went off without a hitch. The team deserved a celebratory night, and it sounds like they got it.
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus655321 View Post
    Those highlight videos are a lot of fun to watch.



    this one's kinda alright as well.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opvm8OlU-Fg
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Final NHL CSS Rankings among North American skaters for NU:

    - Tyler Madden (F), 39
    - Jordan Harris (D), 44
    - Riley Hughes (F), 113
    - Neil Shea (F), 193
    - Zach Solow (F), 204
    - Aidan McDonough (F), 209

    So, Madden/Harris will be drafted, the other 3 are more hopeful for some late round flyers
    Last edited by NU_Husky; 04-16-2018 at 12:57 PM.

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    709

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Final NHL CSS Rankings among North American skaters for NU:

    - Tyler Madden (F), 39
    - Jordan Harris (D), 44
    - Neil Shea (F), 193
    - Zach Solow (F), 204
    - Aidan McDonough (F), 209

    So, Madden/Harris will be drafted, the other 3 are more hopeful for some late round flyers
    Note that just because Madden is rated 39 does not mean that he is expected to go in the early to mid 2nd round. This is a list of North American skaters. It doesn't account for the many Europeans who will be drafted ahead of him. I'm kind of surprised that his ranking has held up at this level, considering his drop in production after his tournament success in January. Perhaps his trade to Tri-City hasn't worked out as well as hoped or perhaps he hasn't played since 3/30 due to an injury.

    Harris is expected to be taken in the 75-90 range or mid to late 3rd round. The other three are probably good prospects for college, given the coaches' scouting history, and could very well develop into contributors in a year or two. I wouldn't be shocked if Harris' name was called ahead of Madden's. I don't care where or if they are taken, as long as they can help NU get back to the Garden and into the final 16.

    In reality, the players who are "judged" by the top PROfessional scouts to be the top PROfessional prospects. There are myriad top flight college prospects who get through the fine mesh nets and are drafted late (see J. Davies, D. Sikura) or are missed entirely as 18 year olds (See N. Stevens). Then there are legions of late bloomers who are missed entirely and have teams bidding against each other by the end of their junior or senior years.

    Sometimes it appears as though some of the boys who go in the early rounds, have had their ratings boosted because of the college program they have committed to.
    That's like buying a stock because you heard someone smart likes it. Sometimes that works. Often it fails, because the sheepish investor hasn't bothered to do the work to get the whole story until after he owns it. Then he may embarrassed to admit his mistake and to cut his loss.
    Last edited by HHound; 04-16-2018 at 01:24 PM.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brighton, MA
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    The Huskies are going back to Ireland Nov 29-30, 2019. Will be joined by UNH, Princeton, and Colgate. Excellent for the program. I know the players, coaches, and fans who attended all enjoyed themselves.

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,872
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    The Huskies are going back to Ireland Nov 29-30, 2019. Will be joined by UNH, Princeton, and Colgate. Excellent for the program. I know the players, coaches, and fans who attended all enjoyed themselves.
    if they can repeat a run after that trip.. (like the last time around), i'm all for it.. new friendships & all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •